EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Installation problems

I'm trying to install EQ2MAP as well as Fetish HTML/Journal and Clock/Compass. When I install EQ2MAP by itself, everything works just fine, but when I install the other two exactly as the instructions say, not only do neither of them work, but EQ2MAP stops working as well, any ideas?
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Do you have all the files in the same folder (within your EQ2/UI directory)? And do you have your eq2.ini file (in your base EQ2 directory) pointing to the correct folder?

For example, if I was in your shoes, I would:

- Create a custom folder in my UI directory (CustomUI)
- Put the files for any UI mods to be used in it
- Set the UI Directory in EQ2Map updater to the folder (near the bottom of the Options window)
- Run the updater (if you have the previous step done, the updater will create a subfolder in your CustomUI folder and put all the eq2map files in it)

Then your eq2.ini file should be pointing at the 'CustomUI' folder

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 01-15-2007, 09:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

What you described is exactly the process I used. For some reason it just doesn't like any of the Fetish standalone mods. When I installed EQ2MAP by itself it works just fine, but if I add any of the Fetish mods to it neither works (even though no files are overwritten). I tried just installing Fetish Journal, but even by itself it didn't work. However, when I install EQ2MAP then install a different journal mod (forget which one) they both work flawlessly. Guess it's just a conflict between the two, oh well.
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:18 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

First install fetish. After that, run EQ2Map Updater. In the updater, click on the Options button, then under the UI Directory pull-down menu, select fetish. Then click OK. It should then update your fetish folder with the maps (may take a few mins). If it doesn't update automatically, make sure to the right of the Options button that it says UI DIRECTORY: FETISH (or whatever you named your custom UI folder) and click on the Update button. That should give you a fresh install of EQ2Map files in your newly created fetish folder.