EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-11-2007, 07:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default big troubles installing ProfitUI

To start off:

I've reformatted the computer i play on since I started having these problems. I've uninstalled, deleted the EQ II directory, and reinstalled the game with EoF retail box 3 times total.

My problem:

At first I used the /loadui command (it's been a while since I played) and when I found out that didn't work, perused the forums for help installing the ProfitUI Reborn interface. The files are whatever the latest version is that is hosted here. I unzip them, cut/paste them into the EQ II directory (the default directory, I didn't change it). The eq2.ini file has the install lines

Code:
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_movie_enabled 0
which you might notice I changed the order after reading the thread at the top of this forum. Still doesn't work. When I copied the premade ui files (the 1280x1024 settings et. al.) and loaded them on my character, the windows went to the correct positions, with the (I'm guessing) right sizes and configurations. However, all the windows are in the style of the default UI, borders, layouts, all of it.

What am I to do? I do not know terribly much about how EQ2 loads it's UI beyond what I've read here, hence all the reinstalls to ensure a clean slate. The tips I've found from gm9 and the staff here on EQ2I have availed to nothing.
Unread 01-11-2007, 08:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

after a final reinstall and wipe the UI works fine. I have no idea what I did differently.