EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-25-2010, 05:28 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default EQ2 Journal Bugs

If you find a bug, please post it here and I will update and fix it- often within minutes.

Thanks!

Chaos aka Raggak - Mistmoore
Developer of EQ2 Journal
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Install Problem

Been reading about this app for a bit and decided to try it out. But the installer stops when attempting to contact www.chaoscraft.net/eqj/EQJ.application. Appears the domain is not responding.

Any ideas why?
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Not to sure whats happening with it TBH, the Server has been offline for nearly 3 weeks and have had no response from the Author on his forums.

http://www.chaoscraft.net/eqj/viewfo...c047ca27809f9c

was last updated on 5/06 and before that it was updated every day,but now its gone very very quiet

Last edited by Ixoa : 06-29-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks. Nice to know it wasn't just me.
Unread 07-12-2010, 02:51 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Permafrost

I just started playing with this last night, it'd be awesome if not for the hanging. It's definitely related to the leaderboard server; using TCPView, I found that the program is only unresponsive while trying to contact 70.173.98.65:13002 (TCP). If I rightclick -> close connection, it starts responding again right away.. unfortunately, it's still pretty much unusable as the program tries to connect again every 30 seconds or so.
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Aye it connected to his server for update information,I have no clue why its gone quiet or anything,which is a shame as it was very handy once you did the manual input to update the info from your char.
Donno if he ran into some legal issues or something but it went dead after June 03rd update and hasn't posted anything since.
Unread 07-17-2010, 05:03 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Permafrost

Well, I came up with a really, really, really, REALLY ugly workaround for anyone who wants to continue using this while the server is down. Not going into painstaking detail here, please know what you're doing if you're going to attempt this.

Requirements:
Windows Powershell (I'm using the version included with 7 Pro, don't know anything about the older ones.)
wKillcx v1.0.1 (Utility for searching for and closing TCP connections from the command line, v1.0.0 has a bug that renders it useless for this workaround)

Make sure wkillcx.exe is in C:\ or somewhere else in your PATH variable.

Create a batch file C:\killeqj.bat with the following contents, the line is repeated since EQJ tries to connect twice:
Code:
wkillcx 70.173.98.65:13002
wkillcx 70.173.98.65:13002
Next create a text file with the following and save it as C:\killeqj.ps1
Code:
$i=0
Do{.\killeqj.bat; Start-Sleep -m 500}
while ($i=1)
Now, open Powershell (must have admin rights for this) and type cd\ to change the directory to C:\, then enter the following command:
Code:
.\killeqj.ps1
This will search for and close any connections to the offending server twice every half-second, pretty much eliminating the hanging. On my system there was no noticable slowdown or resource usage, wkillcx is written in assembly so it's pretty efficient.. but if there's a noticable slowdown, adjust the number after Start-Sleep to the desired number of milliseconds between repeats. It will loop endlessly and can be minimized to the background while you work, to stop the loop just press CTRL+C in the powershell window. You can start this script running at any point, doesn't matter if EQJ is running already or not.
Unread 07-30-2010, 03:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just tried it... This sudden silence is sounding fishy to me. I wish the installer had created a Restore point