EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 12-29-2010, 02:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Issue since merger

I was part of the server merge from najena to Unrest and when this happened something happened to my maps. I can use the main screen log to in put in my user info in it says (yenial najena) and my password but when i hit play. It says najena world not found. Well because of the world najena been deleted I am to wonder what I should do so that I can get my maps to work. So on my main log on it will say (yenial unrest) now Any ideas would be great Feeling lost without my maps
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Not sure what you're saying. When you log in to your character (which is now on Unrest) are your maps not there?

The base UI files are shared amongst all characters using a particular install of EQ2, with each having a unique layout that is saved per character. So the fact that the servers merged shouldn't make EQ2MAP disappear, but maybe you need to load your old ui layout (using /load_uiconfig and selecting your character name under your old server) if it's your layout that is messed up.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to suggest since I'm not exactly sure what the problem is.
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default reply

Okay I guess easiest way to say it is, When i right click on eq2 maps to load it i use run as administator when the screen comes up it gives all the info for my user name and my password well my box where it says (yenial najena) should read (yenial unrest) but its stuck saying yenial najena and when i plug in my password it keeps trying to log into najena not unrest . so all i get is najena not found and i have characters on other servers as well and my maps for them isnt working either. it was working before server merge and now its not working at all. that little box should read unrest not najena and i dont know how to change it so that can read unrest to be able to use my map properly
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

If you're getting that authentication screen that means you're logging directly in to the game and not going through the patcher.

Open the EQ2MAP updater and go to options. You should see two paths listed, one under "Everquest 2" and one under "Autolaunch EQ2."

Those paths should be almost the same but the second one should not end in Everquest2.exe -- it should end in EQ2.exe, Launcher.exe, LaunchPad.exe or something similar. Furthermore, the second one should be the same as the first one except for the filename at the end.

If they're not, you have to use "Browse" to find your EQ2 install. If you need help with that, copy and paste the paths in that screen into a reply here.
Unread 12-29-2010, 06:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default the same

okay both of those are the same except it does say eq2.exe at the end of the second one but my maps are still not working
Unread 12-29-2010, 07:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default heres what my screen says after i do that

this is on the next screen after i check what you said

update complete

PLAY

Yenial-najena
my account
support
preferences
update notes
station players

Now when I click on that PLAY button it tries to log me in but it is stuck on najena and it wont budge because on the next screen it says trying log in server 1 and then it says najena cannot be found
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Ohh I think I know what you mean now. Change that dropdown to Character Select (to let you log in to character select) and that will cause the patcher to get an updated list of your characters -- that information is saved so it's going off the old pre-merge character list.

As for not having maps, if you're logging in that way and go to character select, you should have maps. I'm guessing the way you were logging in that wasn't having maps was via a different shortcut which I would be willing to bet is a different install of EQ2.
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default frustrated HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay i really dont know what to tell you i tried all the suggestions and my characters not one of them will go to unrest they are ALL still saying logging into najena. When i try it says trying log in server #1 and then its says najena not found and it boots me out do i delete my EQ off my comp and my maps and reload both all over again to fix this .. i am going on day 4 of trying to fix this and I am about 5 minutes from using my computer as a football for some reason its not getting the word najena out of the window and it didnt put unrest in there for me so please i beg you help me find a solution before i have to buy a new comp to go with my new EQ2 map and EQ2 when i reload everything into it Again something with this merger caused my map to KO badly I can use it fine thru EQ2's icon but not that map one
Unread 12-30-2010, 09:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Somebody said this prior to me but you need to log in via character select. Change the spot where it says your character name to Select Character. That will take you to the character select screen. From there your characters will be able to be logged in. After that you will be able to use the dropdown to log in directly to a character.

Silat
Unread 01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

okay will try that as i said they worked an hour before merge and now this i am willing to try anything at this point
Unread 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay problem is fixed now thanks for all the help I had to log in one of other characters that were on a different server i use then camp them out and go to character select I selected yenial and clicked her on unrest now when i log in she goes to unrest automatically ..with the MAP woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!..lol now i have to do it with 6 more toons lol but its working and i apprechiate all the help i am glad its working and i wont be in the dark anymore

you guys rock!!!!!!!!