EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-30-2007, 09:27 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default lost character

Since we got our new computer and I redownloaded the program I have to go through the program to get the maps when I play. That's all right, I was getting used to that. last night I was playing and I guess all of EQ went down When I tried to sign back on all of my characters were there but not the one I was playing after trying several things, I tried entering the game through the normal game link and she was there. Tonight she is still not there when I go through the maps so now when I play that character I have no maps
Unread 11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

I'm sorry what your explaining doesn't make any sense. Could you expand a little more on things?

It almost sounds like you maybe have 2 installs of EQ2. One version your EQ2 icon loads and one version the eq2map patcher loads when its done. Thats the only thing I can think of. EQ2maps normally works even if you don't load the patcher.

Right click on your normal EQ2 Icon and choose properties. In the "Target:" field is the location where EQ2 is installed, post that text here. Then open up the eq2map patcher program like you normally do but quickly click on the properties button and post here the text found in the "EverQuest 2 Directory:" field.

Last edited by Dolby : 11-30-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

i couldnt find target but here is the location from the normal EQ2 icon
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II

and here is the one from the updater:

"C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe"

of course I am still wondering where my character is? I was playing through the map updater on that character and the server went down since then I can access that character when I go through the EQ2 icon but she does not appear in the drop down or the character select screen when I go through the map updater. If I could get the map to show up though by entering the game through the EQ2 icon then it wouldnt matter I would just do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I'm sorry what your explaining doesn't make any sense. Could you expand a little more on things?

It almost sounds like you maybe have 2 installs of EQ2. One version your EQ2 icon loads and one version the eq2map patcher loads when its done. Thats the only thing I can think of. EQ2maps normally works even if you don't load the patcher.

Right click on your normal EQ2 Icon and choose properties. In the "Target:" field is the location where EQ2 is installed, post that text here. Then open up the eq2map patcher program like you normally do but quickly click on the properties button and post here the text found in the "EverQuest 2 Directory:" field.
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjane View Post
and here is the one from the updater:

"C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe"
Thats not the path I'm looking for with the eq2map updater. See the picture below (click for big view)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2map-eq2-path.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	6196  
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:40 AM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Just because your character isn't in thedrop down list, doesn't mean she isn't there.

Leave the drop down list blank, but click the big play button and choose your character at the Character Select Screen.

As for why the maps do not work, I agree with Dolby that it sounds like you have 2 EQ2s. One has the maps, and one does not.

Unread 12-07-2007, 08:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Thats not the path I'm looking for with the eq2map updater. See the picture below (click for big view)...

sorry here it is:

Everquest 2 directory
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II

Auto Lanuch EQ

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

she is not on the char list screen either if I go through the map interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzoo View Post
Just because your character isn't in thedrop down list, doesn't mean she isn't there.

Leave the drop down list blank, but click the big play button and choose your character at the Character Select Screen.

As for why the maps do not work, I agree with Dolby that it sounds like you have 2 EQ2s. One has the maps, and one does not.
Unread 12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Try creating a character and then deleting it. Sometimes that can cause the charselect to "refresh"

Also, how many characters do you have, and how many are showing up in char select?

And finally, characters failing to show up are a SOE issue and not a UI one, so it sounds like petition time, unfortunately (if the char create / delete method doesn't work).
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I have 6 chars all the slots are taken I dont think Sony will help because if I go through their patcher it is fine it is just when I go through the map link also everything was fine until a few weeks ago when I lost connection while playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Try creating a character and then deleting it. Sometimes that can cause the charselect to "refresh"

Also, how many characters do you have, and how many are showing up in char select?

And finally, characters failing to show up are a SOE issue and not a UI one, so it sounds like petition time, unfortunately (if the char create / delete method doesn't work).
Unread 12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

That's very odd. You're saying that whenever you use the "Open EQ" link on the autoupdater, it opens the patcher and when you go in some of your characters are missing? And yet, if you open the patcher directly, you don't have that problem?

When you log in via the patcher to a non-missing character, can you /camp <name> to a missing character?
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
That's very odd. You're saying that whenever you use the "Open EQ" link on the autoupdater, it opens the patcher and when you go in some of your characters are missing? And yet, if you open the patcher directly, you don't have that problem?

When you log in via the patcher to a non-missing character, can you /camp <name> to a missing character?

that worked thank you I wasnt aware of that particular command.