EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 05-08-2006, 07:39 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Guild Website

Hello, I have a guild on the Nagafen PvP (Elysium Knights is our name) server and were starting to get more popular and soon ill have to create a guild website. I Was curious if anyone knows an Website i could build one for us with froums and ect. I Have been experimenting with Guildportal.com, and curious if theres anything better.
Unread 05-08-2006, 09:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenyen
Hello, I have a guild on the Nagafen PvP (Elysium Knights is our name) server and were starting to get more popular and soon ill have to create a guild website. I Was curious if anyone knows an Website i could build one for us with froums and ect. I Have been experimenting with Guildportal.com, and curious if theres anything better.
Try www.iclanz.com - works for me! Also they have a free version at the cost of a small number of banners at top of screen so you can try before you buy.
Unread 05-08-2006, 10:10 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Runnyeye

I know it doent help Wenyen, but if there is anyone on the Runnyeye server looking for a Forum for a guild then come have a look at Runnyeye.org we have private and public forums available completely free and ad free!
Unread 05-09-2006, 04:35 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

From my experience using the "easy to use" services isnt any easier in the end, ends up making your guild site look like everyone elses with extremely limited customization, and you get flooded with banners and pop ups and other **** that you arn't even making the cash from.

What I recommend:

webhost - one with an easy to use control panel (I personally use hostultra.com, 5 bucks a month is all you need.)

phpbb2 - its easy to use, there is a huge community of support and mods out there, and it will cover all your needs. (In fact hostultra's control panel has a usefull feature called "fantastico" where it automates the installation of many website stuffs like phpbb2)

style/theme - find a basic style or theme that you want to work with, some people and sites charge for these... and that can somtimes be easier, however, I think there are plenty of free ones to give you a great starting point.

mods - find the mods you need to make phpbb2 do everything you want from a guild site. There is a great mod that "mimics" a portal (so you don't have to mess with the hacked up poorly written nuke or postnuke crap) This will let you have a "frontpage" with links to recent posts, who is on, and a nice news section for posting pics and stuff.

Anyhow.... thats what I would recommend, jump in and get your feet wet!

ps: You will need some software to work with it, I recommend smartftp for ftp, gimp for image editing, both free..... and then editplus or ultraedit for a text editor (some nice built in ftp features on both of these and they are both shareware.)