Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Closed Thread
Unread 05-04-2006, 03:04 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Runnyeye
Default Allakhazam taking over OGaming.

it has recently been announced that the Allakhazam group are taking over ogaming.

http://www.allakhazam.com/forum.html...0;num=0;page=1

Quote:
Allakhazam is pleased to announce that we have added several new sites to our network and have joined them together to form the Zam.com Network which is now instantly the leading content destination for all MMO gamers.

The new Zam.com Network will consist of newly expanded and improved versions of Allakhazam.com and Thottbot.com. In addition, the assets and content of OGaming.com (and the interface sites) and L2Orphus.com will be integrated into the existing Allakhazam network. This will add multiple new games to our site, more than double our personnel and give us the flexibility to add more features, better service and expanded coverage.
So, i just have one question. How is that going to affect the eq2interface site?
Unread 05-04-2006, 04:30 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Q: What does this mean for OGaming.com and the other sites in the new Zam.com Network? Will they be shut down?

A: Initially, OGaming.com and the other sites in the new network will continue to operate normally while long term plans for integration are made. Over time, you will see additional changes that will create a more seamless online experience for visitors to all of the sites. Existing sites and content will remain available and in most cases even be improved – so you’ll always have access to the great tools and services you’ve come to rely upon.
That bit partialy answers the question... But after reading the rest of the thread, I didnt know that Allakhazam also had a "paid for service" /shrug I only ever used that site a few times when I was playing EQ1.....

So on the same topic does that mean that once they get this all set up on the "Zam.com" network, In order to download UI's and add-on's one day we will all have to pay for this??? As part of a premium service???

Maybe I am jumping the gun a bit but it does kinnda read between the lines like that
Unread 05-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

I don’t see them putting the interface branch under their pay for service plan. If they did I don’t see them getting much of a subscription increase and another free UI site would just popup soon after. They will use it to get people on their network and for what ever advertisement money it can generate. But who knows only time will tell.
Unread 05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Making any of those existing sites a premium (read: paid) access site would be a fatal decision on their part, imo. I'm talking about the Interface sites, ThottBot, AllaKhazam, etc.

Let's hope they're smart about it. If not, I fully expect many free sites to pop up and provide equal (and hopefully superior) content and service.
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Want to read something really scary about this situation?

Read this.

Unread 05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Well I'm not (and any other admins) going anywhere. Nothing has been planned yet, if there are any updates I'll be sure to let you guys know. You can learn more and discuss about this here.

Allakhazam is a good and honest guy.

Also dont be shy, send me a PM if you have questions.

Last edited by Dolby : 05-05-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Closed Thread