EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-19-2006, 12:16 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk
Default Getting *it*

But I just cannot *get* the UI thing, I want SO badly to make my own UI or at least modify certain things but I try and try and I can honestly say that never in my life have I been so unable to grasp something.

I have the UI builder open, I am reading the FAQ here and the EQ2_UI_Customization.doc and I'm reading along nodding here and there when I hit the word Widget (loud *record screeching to a halt* noise in my head)....

I start over again in hopes that I missed something but when I get to *that* word again I stop dead in my thinking tracks, I call to my son, hey what's a Widget?? "that's something that does something, I think" (/sigh)

I open the UI builder and click here and ther, open up this and that trying to play around with it in the hopes of stummbling upon somethign that clicks with me and I start to *get it* but I can't see how this makes that or to get this do that and it all leaves me befuddled and crestfallen.

But if that were all I think I could overcome that and maybe learn how to make a UI, but it's more than that, the whole nomenclature is foreign to me, I read posts here and understand *most* of it, and I know that I could understand it all if I had any familiarity with the process and tools.

But I don't, so I remain a frustrated wannabe UI maker who just can't *get it* no matter how I try.

So to all you UI makers out there I salute you, and have a deeper respect for your abilities now that I have tried and failed to join your ranks. You make it look so easy =)

Keep up the good work, without your talents I would be stuck with a default UI =(

End of my story.