EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis
Unhappy Eq2 maps can't connecet to the network

Everytime I try to run the program it asks me for my log in information then and error pops up and it tells me to make sure i allow a port through my firewall i have done that but it didn't work then i just turned my firewall all the way off and it still didn't work i don't have a clue what to do... help please ?
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trictor44 View Post
Everytime I try to run the program it asks me for my log in information then and error pops up and it tells me to make sure i allow a port through my firewall i have done that but it didn't work then i just turned my firewall all the way off and it still didn't work i don't have a clue what to do... help please ?

I have tried running as administrator but it doesn't change once I find the mapupdater in my files it does what I posted earlier... Im very confused
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

EQ2Map updated located here doesn't ask for your login information. It doesn't need it. Where did you download your eq2map updater?

EQ2Map should run if working, then once the maps are download it will load EQ2 and EQ2 will ask you for your login information. Is that what you mean? You've got me worried that EQ2Map it self is asking for a username/password.
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
EQ2Map updated located here doesn't ask for your login information. It doesn't need it. Where did you download your eq2map updater?

EQ2Map should run if working, then once the maps are download it will load EQ2 and EQ2 will ask you for your login information. Is that what you mean? You've got me worried that EQ2Map it self is asking for a username/password.
I got my maps from you eq2interface it downloaded i can run it then it asks me to find the file its under programfiles(x86) when i select open there a pop up window comes up asking me for my username and password i have tried both to no avail i think it is asking me for the eq2interface one because if i put in that one it changes the user name to the url of my profile and before it asked me to register on eq2interface..... i am going to try turning off my firewall and using my eq2 username and password because i dont remember if i tried that but i dont think it will work
Unread 12-05-2011, 07:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

nope when nothing happened at all when i tried putting in my eq2 username and password when i put in the one for this forum i get an error saying

"Windows cannot access \\maps.eq2interface.com\DavWWWRoot"

it then does on to say check the spelling of the name... otherwise there might be a problem with your network and to diagnose it...

I diagnose it it says " windows has confirmed maps.eq2interface.com is currently online but is not responding to conection attempts at this time."
this usually means a firewall is running between the two computers and is blocking the "File Printing and Sharing(SMB)" Windows has confirmed that windows firewall on this computer is already configured to allow this connection however a remote firewall might still be blocking the connection."
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Please post a Screen Shot of your screen when the username/password popup is on your screen. Either EQ2MAP updater should not ask for your username/password.
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

here is the print screen picture of the login pop up window
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maps screen.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	7760  
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

You have a bad executable or something. I don't know why you're also selecting a shortcut to "EQ2MAP Updater."

Make sure you don't have any download accelerators or anything when downloading the EQ2MAP updater. Also try disabling your antivirus just during the download; some AVs have been known to screw with downloaded executables due to false positives.
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default map updater now launches very old station launcher

been using map updater for years, never a problem--- until today
now i know the release is new and all, and maybe the updater isnt working properly or hasnt been updated itself, but when i launch it , it goes through al lthe soe updates and stuff as usual, but instead of opening up the launch game box, it now opens up what i can best describe as a wrist watch looking station launcher---looks exactly like a wrist watch off the arm, curled up with a big screen.
according to soe, thats a very old launcher that no longer works..

so i hit the update option on map updater. version up top say 1.2.5
and it does the same thing. i was on the phone with sony, not about map updater, and they said the only way to get into the game now, is by their new station launcher which i had to go into my directory and find and open it that way. looks like a large bluish zig-zaggety S.

so will mapupdater be fixed soon i hope?

heres a screenshot of what im getting.... name blacked out of course :-)

the 1st one is the watch looking thing....
the 2nd one is what i used to have, which map updater always brought me to, labeled launchpad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LAUNCHER FAIL.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	7761  Click image for larger version

Name:	launchpad.gif
Views:	414
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	7762  

Last edited by Endeavour : 12-06-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: more info
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

anyone? hello?
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Default New Streaming Launcher for Expac

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=510089

Here are the correct launchers for the game I just d/l the streaming client it's faster but, given the servers are still locked you can d/l the asset one instead.

As for the launcher it's having issues because it's basically programmed to look for Everquest2.exe of sorts not the "launcher" exe. I've put the path for the "Launcher.exe" in the bottom launch area. This works but it also tries to launch the old path and I get the wonderful little "stop watch" type thing for sony chat /blah!

See if that works and if there is a work around let me know?

S.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Endeavour nothing wrong with EQ2Map. You need to fix your EverQuest II Updater. Then if you want EQ2Map to load the new EQ2 Updater you need to change the path in the options and find the launcher.exe in your EQ2 directory.

Your also derailing this thread for the original poster. I would suggest you start your own thread since your problem isnt even close to what trictor44 describes.
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

trictor44 fully uninstall your copy of EQ2MAP, then go here and download it and install it again and let us know if you have the same problem. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html
Unread 12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

trictor44, You also might want to change your passwords just in case. That input dialog box isn't generated by my updater and I am sure it isn't generated by the other one either.