EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default connection issues

I can not even do the manual download right now. Keep getting the connection error message on the autoupdater too. I deleted all three of the files in red, have a screen just like the pic. Any hints on what to do to correct?
Unread 11-13-2007, 08:36 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Crushbone

no idea =/

i just know that pop when i finish a quest , or enter zones with names, or gain lvl AA , and i cant see the "message" so whats wrong with my ui =/

it in the middle and is huge

but its transparent

how to explain ...uhmm

took a old ss and put the box by myself but looks =

In beta was having the same issue

when pops i can 2nd button click and hide the borders and move it , but looks like the offscreen message thats messed up Oo

edit by gm9: removed the image because it strechted the thread. your issue: do a clean install, you have files that do not belong to ProfitUI

Last edited by gm9 : 11-14-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation

The problem with the messed up UI is this...when you extracted the new ProphetUI, "Use Folder Names" was selected.
If you check the UI folder, you will find an additional UI folder with ProphetUI as a sub folder.
You can either cut and paste this Prophet folder to the original UI directory, or just delete the whole thing and re-extract, making sure you unselect "Use Folder Names".

I just did this and everything is peachy now.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo-mordain View Post
everything is all fugged up now....i removed was i was told to remove....now nothing shows up, no health, no buff descriptions....completely and utterly unplayable...

I removed the correct files, wtf is going on? Here is a pic of it

edit by gm9: removed the pic since it was strechting the thread and I hate that. you did not install correctly

I'm also getting the same thing, removing the files has not helped, deleted the entire dir, and reinstalled and still the same problem.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-14-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Help

I deleted the 3 files but it still says cant connect and wants me to change my proxy! Any advice?
Unread 11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

While the auto-update server is down you'll just have to download the full 4.3 manual version.
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...tUIReborn.html

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Even after downloading it manually and using a clean install, my client still looks like the screenshot above. Is that the best we can hope for right now?
Unread 11-13-2007, 10:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

No. I renamed ProfitUI folder under eq2 to ProfitUI-1, then downloaded the zip file, cut and pasted from the zip file the ProfitUI folder to the UI folder under eq2, ran the map updater and went exploring RoK.
The map update took the longest.
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis

I was having a similar problem to the one Momo-mordain and others reported: top / bottom bars were missing, no health / power bars, broken compass and clock, etc.

I have installed and reinstalled Profit 3 or 4 times, and think that I have found the source of the problem: addons. In my case, I'm using Just Press Enter 1.9 and Start Button SOGA & Translation for International Server 1.3.1.

If I start by deleting the ProfitUI directory, install a fresh copy (including the subclass backdrops), and don't install those add-ons, the top/bottom bars work again, and the persona window also displays stats again.

The faction page is still blank, but it's definitely playable. I have tested the pop-up messages that Skuall is referring to while zoning and harvesting, and in both cases, they work. My wife (who was beta-testing) says she never saw the window frame that Skuall reported, and doesn't see it now. If it doesn't go away, you may want to start a new thread about that.

EQ2Map problems should be reported to the appropriate forum, but I've installed the EQ2Map Auto-Updater and the POIFinder and they didn't affect the UI in the same way that the other 2 add-ons did.

As for the auto-updater, I've just ignored it for the time being and have been using the 4.3 download right from the ProfitUI portal.
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webrene View Post
How did you update Profit UI when there was no auto updater?

Follow the link above, download the Profit UI 4.3.zip. Unpack the file. There are other ordner inside the downloaded zip file. Go in the profit ui ordner copy all the files in there, go to your Sony Ordner most time c:/programm/Sony/EverquestII/ui/ProfitUI and paste all the files in this ordner (which were in the zip Profit ui folder). Owerwrite everything.

After that delete the files which gm9 told to delete:
"Please delete eq2ui.xml, eq2ui_mainhud.xml, and eq2ui_mainhud_achievements.xml from your \ProfitUI folder, these files are no longer part of ProfitUI and not compatible with GU40"

Thats ist. Start your game again.

After i updated my profit ui manual and deleted the files i have no longer problemes with them.

No need to use the auto updater in this case

Have fun
This is what ive written in another post
Unread 11-13-2007, 11:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Delete the three files before or after i go get that manual patch?

I deleted them and got the all screwed up interface like alot of other posters here.

Can GM9 please post for us how exactly to fix this because just deleting those three files isnt working....
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Webserver crashed for no obvious reason. I actually got noticed, but already was in bed and just hoped that it would restart by itself .. seems like that did not work :P
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:32 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default No Factions

Ran the updater with no problems except one. For some reason, in my persona window, my factions are all empty. any idea why and how to fix?
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwahn View Post
Delete the three files before or after i go get that manual patch?

I deleted them and got the all screwed up interface like alot of other posters here.

Can GM9 please post for us how exactly to fix this because just deleting those three files isnt working....
Well, i cant do more than write it in the right way. Its standing AFTER you update your Profit UI cause when you do it before you will copy the 3 files in again ^^

Anyway... the updater seems to work again so you can download it very easy now
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Exclamation But it works...

Seems like you guys had fun and brought down both eq2interface and the ProfitUI update server. (Kaldran, maybe check whether the new concurrent downloads feature put too much load on it).

The screenshot above is an installation problem. Kill your ProfitUI folder and reinstall, making sure that folders extract correctly.

The following fixes are on the updater right now and were the only bugs I could find yesterday. Since they are non-critical they won't be hotfixed to the manual download.
  • Crafting window now works correctly in expanded mode
  • Persona window alignment of vertical tradeskill class/lvl on stats tab fixed
  • Persona window factions tab fixed

I cannot confirm any of the other bugs posted here and will ignore them as installation problems for now. In particular regarding the persona window stats aligment issue I'd like to see a screenshot if possible - alignment should be perfect since I used a <composite> object for it after every modder and dev on here assured me how it aligns perfectly. (and it does on my system at least)
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

So far tonight Profit 4.3's been working good. I just had to delete the 3 mentioned files and eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml and everything's been golden. Thanks, Gm9.
Unread 11-14-2007, 02:54 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Najena

so far, the persona window is messed up, also, the mail window to open a in game email is messed up, along with the AA window.

Back to default for the 3 mentioned above for me.

If we have to completely reinstall will we lose our placement and settings? takes me FOrever to resetup my UI and would hate to lose it.

Last edited by Momo-mordain : 11-14-2007 at 03:02 AM.
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo-mordain View Post
so far, the persona window is messed up, also, the mail window to open a in game email is messed up, along with the AA window.

Back to default for the 3 mentioned above for me.

If we have to completely reinstall will we lose our placement and settings? takes me FOrever to resetup my UI and would hate to lose it.
please follow the installation instructions. your AA window cannot be messed up because the big fat red line tells you to delete it... /boggle

same goes for the other windows you mention, they work except for what I posted on Person above.
Unread 11-14-2007, 03:12 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Najena

can anyone tell me the files or file needed to keep the settings and hotbar setup etc etc>?
Unread 11-14-2007, 04:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel12 View Post
I'm also getting the same thing, removing the files has not helped, deleted the entire dir, and reinstalled and still the same problem.

Okay, read the posts and went back to look, another dir was made under the ui, basically it was sony/everquestII/ui/profit/ui/profit.

I moved everything from the second ui/profit into the first, then deleted the now empty second dir's and made sure with search that the three files were not anyplace else. Went back into the game and everything worked with the exception of a blank faction screen.
Unread 11-14-2007, 11:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thanks for the quick fixing

Just want to say thanks for the quick fixing.

The EQII update really FUBAR'd things, but the fix was fast coming.

Downloaded the new - blew away the old, deleted any xml that needed deleting and - nice - all perfect.

Thanks again.
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default huh

I am using the manual install version of the UI and am having trouble with the faction part of the persona window. As it is now it just has my characters name and the rest is blank.

I deleted the UI/ProfitUI folder, unpacked the Nov. 12th update as normal, re-added the background images, and confirmed non of the three red files are in the ProfitUI directory.

Did I miss something?
Unread 11-14-2007, 12:28 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, this post in this crowded thread. I'll add the info to the first post.
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Default I'm having this same problem....any ideas, any fixes yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuall View Post
i just a huge problem

when i discover something , gain a AA or LVL , there isnt a message pop up....

when i zone , the label withzone name doesnt appear , for example passing near the queynos claymore , a message always poped , Queynos Claymore....now dont...i notice my cursor changing....

and i noticed a HUGE window in the middle of the screen , is very large ...

thats maybe the info window , but is bugged?

any ideas?
Same thing for me man. I'm not getting that nice center text pop up when I zone in, harvest something, or update a quest. I'm going to delete that one file that dude mentioned up above and see if the program itself will fix it. Let me know if you found a solution! Thanks man!
Mannheim, Germany
[email protected]
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Yes, this post in this crowded thread. I'll add the info to the first post.
So if I want the faction tab to work I have to use the auto updater version now? Any way I can get copies of the missing files so i can just keep using the manual updater?