EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Quick Raid Button, How should I set up the macro?

Hiya guys!

So I'm trying to figure out how I should set up these macros in the Quick Raid Button, however, I haven't the slightest idea how I should go about actually coding the macro in there (as basically in game you just drag it onto the slot and and add another command and you're done heh).

Basically the code in that text file is:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="beginchatinput &quot;QuickRaidButton not configured, please see _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt&quot;" Tooltip="Macro1 (Tooltip not configured)"/>

Basically I want to set the 3 buttons up so that I have my small heal, large heal then my heal over time (warden by the way heh). Is it just as simple as putting /usea <spell> where the "Macro=" part is at? will it automatically target that group member or do I need to add something in there? I'm slightly confused! heh

Anyways, thanks your your help guys!
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

See my post here on how to configure it. It works just like macros worked before you could drag'n'drop them, with a few exceptions. A full FAQ entry is to follow.

If you let me know the spells you want configured in this thread they will be preconfigured in the next version.
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Alrighty so here's what I kinda got, is this correct GM9:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Sylvan Streams" Tooltip="Small Heal"/>

<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Verdant Bliss" Tooltip="Large Heal"/>

<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Greater Chloroplast" Tooltip="Heal Over Time (Single)"/>

Should I bother changing the "Data Name" or just leave it as it is I imagine?
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Looks good. If you change the Data Name it won't work anymore, don't touch that.
Unread 08-10-2007, 04:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

I have mine exactly just like you have them there and they don't work for me. The buttons tooltip works for it won't cast the spell.

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Oration"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death's Door" Tooltip="Elegy"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Hyran's Seething Sonata" Tooltip="Hyran's"/>
</Page>
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You need to replace the ' by &apos; for the second and third button. The first button should have worked though. Just to be sure I am therefore also enclosing all the spell names in "..." (which become &quot, although during the very little testing I had done it worked without that. So try this:

Code:
<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Oration of Sacrifice&quot;" Tooltip="Oration"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;" Tooltip="Elegy"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Hyran&apos;s Seething Sonata&quot;" Tooltip="Hyran&apos;s"/>
</Page>
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:22 PM
A Brown Bear

I'll give them a shot and reply back.
Unread 08-11-2007, 01:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Got my buttons to work GM9 and it's fantastic. Makes raid healing those lifeburning necros all the easier. Thanks for the addition
Unread 08-11-2007, 06:33 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

Nice Mod very useful

Out of interest is it possible to add a say or raid chat comment e.g /r Group Rez <Target> Group or whatever that would ROCK!
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Works great now, thanks gm9. Love the work you do with this UI, it's fantastic.
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Dismal, yes, that is the very idea behind the format I chose. You can configure any macro you want for those buttons, you are not limited to one command per button.
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

Great! (and thanks for responding )

Sorry to be a pain but I have tried to add /r /g /s text (not using those shortcuts ofc), but cant seem to get them to work the spells fire fine though.

I have this atm for instance:

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death&apos;s Door" Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy of Awakening" Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Heal"/>

What would I need to add to have /g /r /s, Single Rez %t, Group Rez %t, and Stifled!!! Healing %t to fire aswell?

thanks for any help in advance.
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:09 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just make a new line for each command, e.g.

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death&apos;s Door
ponder Parent.Target
say REZZING Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don&apos;t throw it away again." Tooltip="Single Rez"/>

Last edited by gm9 : 08-15-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Unread 08-12-2007, 05:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

For some reason I don't get my ones to work as intended and probably it's a typo somewhere that I can't find, so I turn here in hope someone can see what typo etc. it is.

<Page Name="Wizard">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Cure Arcane&quot;" Tooltip="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Iceshield&quot;" Tooltip="Ice Shield"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Cardinal Intromission&quot;" Tooltip="Powerfeed"/>

This one makes button 1 cure as it should, button 2 has the tooltip "Powerfeed" and casts Iceshield on target, button 3 has the tooltip Ice Shield and casts Iceshield on target... It drives me crazy!
Unread 08-12-2007, 05:25 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

Hmm, I think the wizard button look funny in eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml.

From line 849 it says

<Button Name="Wizard" OnActivate="
Parent.B1.OnPress=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton1.Macro
Parent.B1.Tooltip=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton1.Tooltip
Parent.B2.OnPress=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton2.Macro
Parent.B2.Tooltip=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton3.Tooltip
Parent.B3.OnPress=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton2.Macro
Parent.B3.Tooltip=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton2.Tooltip
activated=false" Visible="false"/>

but it should probably say

<Button Name="Wizard" OnActivate="
Parent.B1.OnPress=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton1.Macro
Parent.B1.Tooltip=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton1.Tooltip
Parent.B2.OnPress=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton2.Macro
Parent.B2.Tooltip=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton2.Tooltip
Parent.B3.OnPress=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton3.Macro
Parent.B3.Tooltip=Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.QuickRaidButtons.Wizard.Bu tton3.Tooltip
activated=false" Visible="false"/>

Hmm, something funny in the forums is putting a space in the word "Button".
Anyway if you look at the file in a text editor it's pretty easy to see.

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 08-12-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks Othesus

Edit: That code was a mess anyway, attached is a cleaned up version for all the Wizards out there.

Edit2: attachment removed (now fixed in full release)

Last edited by gm9 : 08-16-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:58 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

Um, I really am a bit of a donkey at this code stuff, thus the simple question.

Do I edit the text as it appears in the _profitui_quickraidbuttons.txt file

or, in the eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml file?

If its editing the .xml file and not the .txt can someone tell me which(ish) line the code is for editing any particular classes buttons, so I can see what Im supposed to be looking for

cheers - toka
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

Yep I sorted myself out, cheers for the functional window gm9 (I have so many alts.....)
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default quick raid buttons

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death&apos;s Door
ponder Parent.Target say REZZING Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don't throw it away again." Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy of Awakening&quot;
ponder Parent.Target say REZZING Parent.Target and dead group members
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don't throw it away again." Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Heal"/>

Button 3 works fine, just the other 2 do not, any ideas?

Thanks!

js
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:01 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

I think if you want the word "don't" you'll have to use "don&apos;t".

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 08-15-2007, 02:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

you will also want to do a line break between the ponder and the say commands.
Unread 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default quick raid buttons

ok well i made the changes to this...

<Page Name="Dirge">
ponder Parent.Target
say REZZING Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don&apos;t throw it away again." Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy of Awakening&quot;
ponder Parent.Target
say REZZING Parent.Target and dead group members
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don&apos;t throw it away again." Tooltip="Group Rez"/>

I assume the line break you were talking about is just hitting enter or is it some special character?

The problem now is when i have the above code in the quickraidbuttons text file, profit ui does not load properly, but if i go back to the orginal one that comes with profit, the ui loads fine?

js

Last edited by gm9 : 08-15-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:49 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Fixed it in your post above. And you probably won't need the &quot; around Elegy of awakening, although it should not be harmful either.
Unread 08-16-2007, 01:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

How about /target or /assist ? - How would I configure it?

I have an assassin toon as well & she's pretty useless on raid friend buffs.

I could use button 1 for assist & button 2 for target - why waste a good tool eh?
Unread 08-16-2007, 02:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can already target them just by clicking their name.
Assist would be Macro="assist Parent.Target".