EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 12-08-2004, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Text based Experience info without a % sign

I am trying to create a custom Experience window which will eventually look something like this...
Code:
----------------------------------------------
| 50 Shadowknight	12.34 %		56 % |
| 50 Outfitter		12.34 %		56 % |
----------------------------------------------

As I understand it, the crafter portion is currently bugged for text display, so I am leaving that entire line out for now and just doing the Adventurer. Unfortunately, what I keep winding up with is...
Code:
-----------------------------------------------
| 50 Shadowknight	12%.34 %	56% % |
-----------------------------------------------

The 50 is the current level, Shadowknight is the current class. This part is quite easy, as I just use a text box with /Gamedata.Self.LevelClass, which displays exactly what I want.

The 12 is the yellow XP, which I believe should just be a text box with /Gamedata.Self.ExperienceCurrent. Unfortunately, that seems to automatically add a % sign which I do not want there.

The 34 is the blue XP, which is /Gamedata.Self.ExperienceBubble, and is displaying perfectly for me.

The 56 is the Debt XP, for which I am using /Gamedata.Self.ExperienceDebtCurrent. Unfortunately, this one also automatically adds the % sign. Again, I do not want it here, as I want a little bit of space between the number and the % sign.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to remove those unwanted % signs?

Shadowpheonix

P.S. I know the blue XP is not truly the decimal portion of the yellow XP. I just like that readout formatting.
Unread 12-08-2004, 04:29 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

There's no way to actually remove the % signs from the DynamicData, but what you can do for a workaround is to cover that portion of the text with an image. Just be sure the text alignment is set to Right so the % doesn't move when you change from 9% to 55% or something.
Unread 12-09-2004, 12:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
There's no way to actually remove the % signs from the DynamicData, but what you can do for a workaround is to cover that portion of the text with an image. Just be sure the text alignment is set to Right so the % doesn't move when you change from 9% to 55% or something.
Thank you for the information. I hadn't considered simply overlaying it with something else to hide it. I think I can make that work.

Shadowpheonix
Unread 12-09-2004, 01:03 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Bah. Just realized you could also simply make the text object not wide enough to display the entire number, then you don't have a black square behind the gap.
Unread 12-09-2004, 03:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

You can't use blue exp like that tho. The blue digit in the tens place will always match the yellow digit in the singles place. The blue singles place is one tenth of a yellow. the tens place of blue doesn't matter.

Y:-12
B:--24
The 2 red digits will always match.

Unread 12-09-2004, 10:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Bah. Just realized you could also simply make the text object not wide enough to display the entire number, then you don't have a black square behind the gap.
Unfortunately, this is not really an option due to the changing number of characters - IE: 9% versus 87% versus 204% (for those times when you can't level until you complete a quest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
You can't use blue exp like that tho. The blue digit in the tens place will always match the yellow digit in the singles place. The blue singles place is one tenth of a yellow. the tens place of blue doesn't matter.

Y:-12
B:--24
The 2 red digits will always match.
I realized this shortly after my original post here (when I came across a post discussing why people want both the yellow & blue and saw your & Kudane's comments there). I have corrected this by adjusting the size of the field to only show a single digit for the blue XP.

Thanks to Deathbane's suggestion regarding using an image to cover the unwanted portion, I now have my experience bar looking the way I want it (I used a phoney progress bar instead of an image). Once Sony corrects the bugs with the tradeskill portion, I will post it up for everyone to use.

Shadowpheonix