EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Updating when playing on servers from different regions

Hi.

I have toons on UK and US-based servers. Do I have to run the EQ2map updater twice ?

I'm asking that question because for some reason the coloured areas signalling quest updates on the map don't show any more.

Can that be related ?
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

If you're using the same install, then it should be the same folder and shouldn't matter.

If it's the light blue dots and the light blue regions that aren't showing then it's not an issue with EQ2MAP, as those are acutally POIs provided by the game (by SOE). Did they disappear, or are you just not getting them with new quests? Unfortunately, not all quests have those, mainly just DoV and later and the "Golden Path" zones.
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Thx for your answer Lordebon.

Yes, the quest coloured overlays don't show up any more. From what u're saying, it could be that my toon is now in its intermediate career (50ish) and is now adventuring outside the Golden Path areas. However, I cheched Eastern Wastes quests with my lvl 90 alt, where I know that overlays are functional, but they didn't appear either. So my question is: is there a way to disable that feature (besides removing the quest from the Helper) which I could have toggled by error.

My second question about eq2map update folders: I have 2 of these, one in the general UI directory (that would be Uk-ENglish) and one in a subfolder called LP_region_En-US. Where should I update to ?

Thanks for your help.
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

If you right click on the map and hit Filter POIs, make sure they're all checked - it's possible to turn off those POIs I believe just like you can filter regular POIs.

I'm not sure about the 2 update folders. Could you post a more complete tree of where those two folders are? IE, do you have \Everquest 2\UI\LP_region_En-US\eq2map or is it some other arrangement? I only use the US region so I'm not sure how its set up. It may be that the game keeps two separate UI folders for different regions in which case you'd need to update both. How to do that with the updater would depend on how the folders are arranged.

Assuming there are two separate folders, there are ways to link them in windows so that you only have one. How to do that depends on your comfort level and familiarity with computers.