EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-04-2009, 08:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Trying to adjust to EQ2, need help

I used to play "the other" MMORPG, I won't mention it's name here, but it's put out by Blizzard... anyway, I finally was convinced to give EQ2 a shot and I love it. So much better IMO. My only problem is I was spoiled and had add-ons galore. I'm looking to see if there's any UI Mod that helps you find where to go to complete quests? Like if I have to kill X amount of creature Y, the other game I had an add on that showed on the map and mini map a big circle highlighting the areas where I could hunt them. Is there any such thing for EQ2? It would save me many hours of getting lost in a gigantic new world.

I'm only slightly less interested in something like Auctioneer, that would show when the market is high or low for certain items and help me know whether to buy or sell.

Any help finding either add on would be very appreciated.
Unread 01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The first part of getting adjusted to EQ2 is going to be realizing the UI is a lot more restrictive -- there's simply lots of data we don't get and things we can't do that are possible with your other game's UI

For the first, I recommend EQ2MAP. It has a search for various points of interest (which are displayed on your map). You can also use eq2i.com via the in-game /browser command to look up quests.

As for auctioneer... that's a no. If you want to watch the market, you have to do it yourself in EQ2.
Unread 01-05-2009, 02:54 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

EQ2Map will add a lot of POIs to your map showing quest update spots, mob locations and the like. Also, I know that ProfitUI has links added to the quest journal that will use the in-game browser to take you to walk-throughs for quests on EQ2i and Allakhazam.
Unread 01-06-2009, 08:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

As the other posters stated, UI skins like Profit and Fetish (and likely others) frequently have direct links to EQ2i (eq2.wikia.com) and Alla's directly in their interface. Usually you can see those links when you hover your mouse over an item's examine window or over your quest journal. But if all else fails, the in game browser, via the /browser/ command on your chat line, is always there as an option.

Another option that people haven't mentioned are the world questing channels that have frequently been set up on various servers. Your server may be different, but I know that some servers have channels with users dedicated to helping questers with information. Check around on your server and see if there's one you can join. EQ2i's in-game chat channel is guk.eq2i if you're interested. The people that hang there aren't a chatty bunch. It's more there to let people have access to someone who can answer quick questions if they're available, so you won't be assaulted with tons of chatting scrolling past your window. But it's an option if you can't find anything else.

Happy questing,

Kodia Tomekeeper
Unread 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default umm, hmmm, where the heck is it

Hi Raven, so far i havent seen any thing like optionier but yah that sounds like a nice program for the market, as far as quest helpers go, try down loading another ui, i use profit reborn at the moment, but fetish and extream are all popular among many more available here. i know from experience with profit or fetish they have links in both your quest window and the litler quest helper to eq2.wiki and Alakazams (sorry didnt want to look that one up lol) clicking them will take you to any links in on those sights and i find them quiet helpfull for questing.
As far as i know i havent seen anything that has a direct link to the map, from an out side source any how, but usualy with eq2i or alakazams you can get decent directions and cordinats that can be inputed into your map, just drop them (cut and past will work) into the map search feature adn hit the path buton, youll get a way point in the map itself that will help you considerably in finding things, and most times youl get a trail to folow in the game world, although the trail dosent wrok all the time.
Well hope this has helped you out and happy adventruing.