EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-23-2005, 05:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi, first I must applaud you for your work - I use several of your mods and they are top of the line.

Now, I just noticed your Social mod, and wanted to try it out, but when I download the 5.5 kbyte download, and try to unzip it (like I have with many UI mods, including yours from this site) I get am error message saying that the file is corrupt or something else (don't recall what it was). I have tried to download the mod several times now with the exact same result.

Rylec
Unread 10-28-2005, 01:53 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unrest
Default compass pointing in wrong direction

Installed clock and compass mod

having trouble with compass portion of mod. The loc info seems correct but the compass direction as well as color coding for loc change is off by 90 degrees (when pointing north it says i'm heading west).

Please help.

Laday
27 Gnome Warlock
Circle of Light
Unrest
Unread 10-28-2005, 03:45 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Befallen
Default suggestion C-loc-k

Hi,
Would it be possible for you to make your compass mod with the new compass of october 24th??? A damn good mod.
Unread 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Cookbook...

Any ETA on when the T6 portions of the cookbook will be added?
Unread 11-01-2005, 02:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucian.jp
Hi,
Would it be possible for you to make your compass mod with the new compass of october 24th??? A damn good mod.

Do you mean update it to point the right direction? If so, do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahonri
change the location of ScrollPage from -213 to -256. That just shifts the starting location of the compass to the correct spot.
Easy fix which worked for me with the Milquetowst compass.
Unread 11-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Good Cookies
Premium Member

Server: Neriak
Default can't use the cookbook mod :(

I am SO bummed, I loved the cookbook mod and it was great, till update # (I can't remember which one, 12 or 13 I think) when having the cookbook mod meant I have no text in my chat window, EQII button and so on. Most places that should have text don't. I have tried redownloading, readding, adding a little at a time till it dies and nothing I have tried so far works Do you have any suggestions as to what might be wrong and what I can do about it?
BTW, if I remove the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file I have text again (but of course the cookbook doesn't work). I am going to see if Valdacil's Tradeskill W/ Spell List, Prov Cookbook and Equipment Guide works for me since he has your cookbook incorporated.

Thank you for your time, I still use your journal mod and love it as well

Sylvye

Last edited by sylvye : 11-07-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

When editing the eq2ui_mainhud.xml, use notepad. There's a small box that combines the first 2 lines (the box acts as a linebreak but does not show in all text editors). If you don't have that box, the code parser will not like it.

The cookbook still works. I used it last night
Unread 11-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Good Cookies
Premium Member

Server: Neriak
Thumbs Up Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
When editing the eq2ui_mainhud.xml, use notepad. There's a small box that combines the first 2 lines (the box acts as a linebreak but does not show in all text editors). If you don't have that box, the code parser will not like it.

The cookbook still works. I used it last night
That gave me the informmation that allowed me to fix my copy of the eq2ui_mainhud.xml. I turned on non printing chars in my text editor, NoteTab (the best text editor I have ever used) and made sure the format stayed identical to the default copy and it works!!!

doing the happy dance

Thank you so much!

Sylvye
Unread 11-08-2005, 06:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad you got it working. Took me a while to figure that out when my UI kept crashing on the day of LU15.
Unread 11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default experience bar

I downloaded your experience bar tonight. However, when I bring eq2 up the digital reading isn't correct. It looks like its off by a factor of ten. (the decimal point is over too far.) For instance, I am 41% to my next level but it says I am 4.14 Any ideas? =) Btw, love your mods. I use quite a few of them in conjunction with a some others.
Unread 12-01-2005, 04:45 PM
A Griffawn

Default Persona Window

Will this mod be updated to LU17 compatibility soon?

Thanks.

Drunador
Unread 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Black compass

I downloaded and installed the clock/compass mod. I like it all except that the compass and globe are solid black. I read through these postings and you mentioned a .dds file. That wasn't in the dl for the compass, just the .xml files. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Unread 01-10-2006, 05:03 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorYonWolfwalke
I read through these postings and you mentioned a .dds file. That wasn't in the dl for the compass, just the .xml files. What am I doing wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong. I forgot to include the graphics file when I uploaded the zip. Anyway, it's been fixed now. Just redownload it, and you'll have everything you need.

-- Darryl
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Compass Request

I like your compass/clock mod - but have grown fond of the round compass used in several mods here - any chance of doing a round compass version ?
Unread 01-29-2006, 10:51 PM
A Griffon

Default Problem With Alternate Map Graphics

Due to the extensive updates made today to EQ2MAP, the updater is currently overwriting *all* files. That means that if you're trying to use my modified icon_map3.dds file, well, it won't work. But the change to the updater is only temporary, to make sure all users have up-to-date files. In a week or so, the folk behind EQ2MAP will be setting it to again only update "skin" files that are missing, and so modifications such as mine will again work.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 01-30-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Unread 02-06-2006, 11:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

Smile Tradeskill window mod

Love your simple, no-frills, mouseless tradeskill window mod, man. It does only just what I need it to do. I only have one request concerning it, however... Could it please be reduced in size? Should be able to do that and keep it up to date with any functional changes they make to the default, no?

Specificly, I'm seeing tons of deadspace along it's vertical length while in creation mode, between the different quality levels, around the frame of the window, etc. And it's just too big!

Would be really nice if it could be scrunched down vertically as much as possible without actually changing any elements in the window, and then possibly being able to resize the window so we can view a longer list.

Smaller icons and text in the recipe list wouldn't hurt either, but I know how upset you get when they change stuff and you have to rebuild everything, so please don't go to any significant trouble on my part.

Shrinking it's realestate would be fantastic on it's own.

EDIT: oh, and what's making the durn thing relocate every login? i know it's a problem with the default, because i had that problem with it too.

Last edited by iesmeh : 02-07-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Unread 03-01-2006, 12:41 AM
A Griffon

I resurrected my exp bar mod the other day, after realizing a friend was still using the old version, and then decided to start tweaking it some more....

The end result, just uploaded, allows you to choose a completely digital display of *all* experience info. I rather like it, myself. No progress bars, and no need to switch between different displays. Just choose "Show Achievement XP," lock it in place, and you're done. No matter what kind of experience you (or your guild) earn, you'll know where you stand.

-- Darryl
Unread 03-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

love the new xp bar, but I was wondering something... does "smooth fonts and use small sans serif" fonts break the text on the bar or is it something wrong with my system.
Unread 03-01-2006, 09:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemenot
does "smooth fonts and use small sans serif" fonts break the text on the bar....
I've no idea, as I don't use those options. Hmm. I wouldn't think so, since it's a custom-defined font, but anything's possible. I'll check later tonight when I'm back in the game.

-- Darryl
Unread 03-02-2006, 10:22 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemenot
does "smooth fonts and use small sans serif" fonts break the text on the bar....
I've checked on this, and commented on it under "known issues" in the mod's description.

I use the default setup, which is to say, I have smooth fonts turned on but small sans serif fonts turned off. With those settings, the display is perfect.

If smooth fonts are turned off, the display is still mostly intact, but there are occasional glitches where things don't line up or get hidden quite as well as they're supposed to.

With small sans serif fonts turned on, though, the whole display gets hosed.

Unfortunately, unless there's a way to instruct the mod to ignore those settings, which I doubt, there's really no way to fix it for those who use the small sans serif fonts. I'd have to construct a completely different "small sans serif fonts" version.

-- Darryl
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:02 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

DBurgdorf, You can always recode the mod to use your own FontStyle embeded in the mod. Should prevent the small setting from affecting the mod while still allowing the smooth option
Unread 03-03-2006, 07:58 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
You can always recode the mod to use your own FontStyle embeded in the mod.
I didn't specifically mention it here, though I did mention it in my other post on the subject. The exp window mod *does* use a custom-defined (fixed-width) font. That's why I was surprised to find that the "small sans serif font" setting was having an effect. *Shrug*

-- Darryl
Unread 03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

FYI, I just posted my 6.3 sets which include an extra Graphics Options button. Feel free to snag it if you want to add it to your standard InfoCenter files. I did have to resize and position all the buttons to fit the extra in.

The option is called "Extreme View" and optimizes the game for maximum view distance of mobs, objects and glowies while using minimal texture, animation and render settings. I find it provides better than "Good Performance" while still showing things far away.
Unread 04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is it possible to add window settings to the ministats, to set the opacities and lock the window please. its highly annoying to log in and have to move the window everytime and it be the only non-seethru window on my UI.
Unread 04-19-2006, 02:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xentin
Is it possible to add window settings to the ministats....
Um, just right-click on it. The options and lock/unlock menu will pop up just as it would for any other window.

-- Darryl