Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 03-15-2005, 02:47 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lavastorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthas
There are disadvantages to both systems. If I have an enchanter in my group, as MT, I insist that people use /assist rather than target me and autoattack.

Why?

Because when we get an add with an enchanter were suppose to ignore it, problem is the enchanter has too few of hitpoints and no Runes/wards to take hits while they are trying to mez. So what I do is turn off autoattack, change targets, taunt once, change back to the original mob and start autoattacking again. If peopel are autoassisting rather than using /assist, they rotate around and start whacking the mob that is trying to be mez'd.

The only other solution to that scenario is to have a secondary tank be the peeler (person who takes aggro on extra mobs). This has problems too.

Using /assist is a problem though if its used to soon in the fight. Its requires that the non-MT/MA watch close to make sure they are on the same mob as the tank when the tank switches shortly after pulling.
I see what you are talking about, but this mod does not have an autoattack. All it does is it targets the player then what they are targeting, so you never get confused as to what person is targeting what. This comes in REALLY handy when a tank is fighting 5 mobs, kills the first one and selects one of the last 4. You can use the assist button to find out which mob he is gonna kill next. One last benefit is that you dont have to make a maco or have to do a 2 step process.

Thank,
Trip