Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Closed Thread

Unread 07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest
Default Changes incoming!

Rest up because you're most likely going to have a lot of work to do when GU57 hits test server in just over a week!

I can't go into a lot of detail right now, but we've made some pretty big UI changes for 57. The default UI is getting a re-skin and many windows have been modified.

We'll post more when we can.
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:49 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Don't know whether to go YAY or BOO cuz I don't want to see Profit broken but I know the need for LUA is great and fearing thats what this is. Since gm9 no longer writes/maintains Profit I'm sure its gonna need a complete rewrite and will take major work on whoever is doing it.
Unread 07-16-2010, 10:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yay for me being retired.

But who said anything about LUA?
Unread 07-16-2010, 11:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

I would hope LUA is incoming but from his announcement it sounds like it won't be quite that major.

Silat

PS Profit will work
Unread 07-16-2010, 11:25 PM
A Griffon

Profit better work or I'm firing Silat

Oh wait you don't work for me. Dang can't fire you unless I pay you first then I can muuuuuwahhh
Unread 07-17-2010, 02:36 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Yay for UI changes (updates?). I feel like the UI has been so neglected these past few months!
Unread 07-17-2010, 08:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Rest up because you're most likely going to have a lot of work to do when GU57 hits test server in just over a week!

I can't go into a lot of detail right now, but we've made some pretty big UI changes for 57. The default UI is getting a re-skin and many windows have been modified.

tease
Unread 07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I hope you've got auto-filtering for quest POIs for active quests on that list Rothgar, or I'm gonna have to chase you down at FanFaire
Unread 07-18-2010, 07:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I hope you've got some demos for the Block Party.
Unread 07-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Oh lord, Another LU 13 where every thing changed and every UI was broke. I hated that time (mostly because I am a lazy bastard). IF real scripting comes with the changes cool if not blah, but cool the UI is getting a much needed revamp. /bow Rothgar for your on going work.
Unread 07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Thanks for the heads up Rothgar. Can't wait to see whats in store when it hits the test server.

Lua is already coming to lotro, wouldn't be surprised if it comes to EQ2 in the distant future.
Unread 07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

I'm gonna assume there's more to this than a simple re-skin of the default UI. Least I'd hope SOE wouldn't impose major custom UI breakage just for cosmetic changes.

Looking forward to new cool stuff to play with. As Drum mentioned... not much action on the UI front in months.
Unread 07-19-2010, 03:46 AM
A man among men

Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Post it soon! I want to see the changes before I leave for Basic Combat Training on the 27th!

Haha!!!
Unread 07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Doesnt sound like LUA, but man that would be sweet if they do ever make that change.

Love it or hate it, WoW UI modding brings a tremendous amount of flexibility and customization options.

I would guess the biggest hurdle is the number of problems this could expose. The UI to client interface might not be as clean as needed to give players direct access. And protecting against mods that "play the game for you" also takes time and energy.

If not built properly, LUA enabled mods would quickly be deciding which ability to cast next for maximum DPS, or who to target and heal next, with which heal, etc. WoW struggled with this for a while but eventually overcame it. I know, i built a few mods that exactly these things

All that said, I would LOVE to see LUA powered mods for EQ2 in the future. I believe its one of the greatest features of WoW, one that truly makes the experience a notch above any other MMOs.
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to Gardee Send a message via Skype™ to Gardee

Quote:

well LETS HOPE you have show consideration for playersthat sffer migraine andOTHER MASNY MANY sight disorders that thisgame refuseds to acknowledge rectifky show compassion to ppl with a disability but STILL ABLE to usea COMPUTER to help pass the idle time away ...
now i haveyour attention i hope ifyagoingto change the UI the default backdrop yes the clour behind this white text it is far easier and less EYE STRAIN if it wasreversed over BLACK TEXT on WHITE

for pets sake
i dotn know how many feedbacks i have lodged and suggestions over the many years but nothing seems to ever get through to you "wonder kids" ,,,Devs as you call ya selves at SOE
i have a opinion you are all self centred and and laugh at unfortunate people that are sight impared in some ways i am not saying blind ,, colour imparments and many other sight problems affect many many throught out the world

Lets hope that SOON ,SOE eqII becomes sight disabled FREINDLY at long last
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:00 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardee View Post
well LETS HOPE you have show consideration for playersthat sffer migraine andOTHER MASNY MANY sight disorders that thisgame refuseds to acknowledge rectifky show compassion to ppl with a disability but STILL ABLE to usea COMPUTER to help pass the idle time away ...
now i haveyour attention i hope ifyagoingto change the UI the default backdrop yes the clour behind this white text it is far easier and less EYE STRAIN if it wasreversed over BLACK TEXT on WHITE

for pets sake
i dotn know how many feedbacks i have lodged and suggestions over the many years but nothing seems to ever get through to you "wonder kids" ,,,Devs as you call ya selves at SOE
i have a opinion you are all self centred and and laugh at unfortunate people that are sight impared in some ways i am not saying blind ,, colour imparments and many other sight problems affect many many throught out the world

Lets hope that SOON ,SOE eqII becomes sight disabled FREINDLY at long last
your sight MUST be bad as this thread is over 2.5 years old.
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:23 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to Gardee Send a message via Skype™ to Gardee
Default Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyana View Post
your sight MUST be bad as this thread is over 2.5 years old.
yeah andya wonder why so many steer clear of askigna simple request that hasd been ON GOING for over 4 years of playing yeah you types peve me off too
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardee View Post
yeah andya wonder why so many steer clear of askigna simple request that hasd been ON GOING for over 4 years of playing yeah you types peve me off too
Are you mentally disabled as well? The comment that offended you was obviously a joke and was a very light hearted way of telling you that your comment was irrelevant since the change you were talking about occurred two years ago. The developer that posted this thread has since moved on to other things.

Silat
Unread 03-11-2012, 10:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's usually best to ignore thread necros and rants of this type, or just hit the report button as someone did.

Also hi guys, haven't been around here much recently, but can still close threads down, which I'm doing now, since this is going nowhere good.
Closed Thread