EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 02-06-2017, 07:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Broker Price over 1mil

Looking for a UI (or standalone) that allows broker sale prices to be over 1mil. It's fine whether it has to be done in-game to set price or if I can create a preset price for over 1mil.
Unread 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentrasia View Post
Looking for a UI (or standalone) that allows broker sale prices to be over 1mil. It's fine whether it has to be done in-game to set price or if I can create a preset price for over 1mil.

I don't believe the basic game will allow broker prices (sans commission) over 999,999 so I would be uneasy trying to override it. If Daybreak will increase the maximum then something can probably be customized.

Unread 02-06-2017, 05:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via Yahoo to TalTal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
I don't believe the basic game will allow broker prices (sans commission) over 999,999 so I would be uneasy trying to override it. If Daybreak will increase the maximum then something can probably be customized.

You can go over 1 mil manually in the broker but you have to do it a little at a time. This presets file for profit automates the process somewhat. Just drop it in your current profitui directory. Will not work with defaultui or any other mod that does not use the profit file eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml .

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_SetPricePresets.txt (5.2 KB, 817 views)

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:16 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
You can go over 1 mil manually in the broker but you have to do it a little at a time. This presets file for profit automates the process somewhat. Just drop it in your current profitui directory. Will not work with defaultui or any other mod that does not use the profit file eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml .

Silat

Very clever Silat, I would never have thought of doing it that way.

Unread 02-06-2017, 06:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:

Silat
You should be able to drop this file in any UI and get the functionality. I don't think it relies on any other Profitui files.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_popup_setprice.xml (9.5 KB, 1153 views)

Last edited by TalTal : 02-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Unread 02-06-2017, 07:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Very clever Silat, I would never have thought of doing it that way.

Thank you. For what it is worth this is my second time trying to accomplish this. The first time I drew a blank.

Silat

Unread 02-06-2017, 09:28 PM
A Griffon

Should this mod replace the current version on the server?
Unread 02-07-2017, 11:12 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Should this mod replace the current version on the server?
Maybe make this default, but have the original still available as a variant?

Silat

Unread 02-07-2017, 03:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Maybe make this default, but have the original still available as a variant?

Silat

Done, although existing users with the original version will have to choose the new default from the gear icon. The utility will report (correctly) that they are using the variant, and it will therefore not ask to update it.

Unread 02-07-2017, 10:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Done, although existing users with the original version will have to choose the new default from the gear icon. The utility will report (correctly) that they are using the variant, and it will therefore not ask to update it.

Fine by me. I don't like changing a user's default experience unless it is broken.

Silat

Unread 04-14-2017, 06:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

So will this be put into DarqUI?
Unread 04-14-2017, 07:03 PM
A Griffon

Already there

Unread 09-23-2017, 10:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Darq, on the price calculation tab, the input windows only allow a four-digit value (i.e., 9999 plat).

Since we're trying to calculate how to set our new price, could those windows be allowed to increase to a seven-digit number? That would allow us to at least see the target value we need.

If you're uneasy about passing that number back to the main set price window, then maybe insert a check so that if you have a calculated price of more than four digits in the plat window, it pops a message that says you have to use the Increments tool. Or else "gray out" the set price button if the entered amount of plat exceeds 9999.

I luvs me my Darq Set Price Popup, I do!
Unread 09-23-2017, 11:13 AM
A Griffon

Getting the window to physically input larger numbers is less of an issue than the faction and container reduction adjustments. It's a fairly heavy lift since the plat/gold/silver/copper values are not simply combined, reduced by a percentage and then split back up again. Due to game limitations, each value starting with copper has to be adjusted and then tested against the next highest denomination, and so on.

Having said that, I have learned some things over the past year or so about manipulating large numbers in EQII, so it's possible that this can happen. I'm in the process of publishing an update to DarqUI right now, but I'll look at it once that's done.

Good to see you posting again, by the way. Didn't see anything from you for several months here or on the official forums, so I figured we had lost you.

Unread 09-23-2017, 12:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Good to see you posting again, by the way. Didn't see anything from you for several months here or on the official forums, so I figured we had lost you.
My wife had a foot amputated, so we had a rocky two years there. Shes now running around everywhere on the robo foot and kvetching when I refer to her as the Terminatrix.
Unread 09-26-2017, 01:34 PM
A Griffon

Default Presets going Poof in Set Price Popup

For some reason, today all the preset prices are gone from the Set Price Popup. When I try to re-enter a preset, it doesn't show it. Just FYI.
Unread 09-26-2017, 04:09 PM
A Griffon

Prices are stored in \POI\darquiv3_prices.xml. You can view that to see if anything looks out of place. Even better, if you could zip and send the file to darqwood at hotmail dot com or post it in a private message here. If all your presets have disappeared it likely means a bad value was saved somehow.

Unread 09-28-2017, 02:35 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Prices are stored in \POI\darquiv3_prices.xml. You can view that to see if anything looks out of place. Even better, if you could zip and send the file to darqwood at hotmail dot com or post it in a private message here. If all your presets have disappeared it likely means a bad value was saved somehow.
I went ahead and re-downloaded it, and now it works. I guess the file got borked during a crash or something. Thanks!