EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-23-2005, 09:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Something simple /notepad

In SWG we have a /notepad command. For crafters it is one of the most useful tools we have. It amazes me we dont have the same thing in EQ2. Is it possible to create a simple mod that would give you a blank page to leave yourself notes with ingame?

edit - i just searched the forums and the closest I came is ways of taking notes from out of game and putting them ingame. But what Im thinking is more of a blank sheet ingame where I can leave myself notes.

I know I can just use a real notepad and I do. But if this functionality is in one of the other SOE games. Im wondering why its not here

Last edited by Fodder650 : 07-23-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Unread 07-23-2005, 12:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

There are many commands and much useful functionality spread throughout all of SOE's games that I too am amazed that the farther along we go into the future, the fewer frills and fun additions to the game or UI get carried on to the next generation of games. Sometimes I wonder if it's done this way to create the illusion of more diversity between games.
What happened to free form notes, or the mp3 player? I'm sure there are tons of others but I just woke up ~_~.

We players would really appreciate it if this game were brought up to par not on just graphics, but on UI function and game mechanics that make the player's life a little easier.
Unread 07-23-2005, 12:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I agree. But i had hoped that somewhere in the heads of these wonderful UI modders there might be a way. As a person with multiple crafter avatars. The ability to leave myself notes would be crucial. Id be more then willing to pay for them using the mail system. But its just not convienent since we cant take the mail with us.

Well lets see if someone can come up with a good idea.
Unread 07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
A Brown Bear

EVE online has a mod to download your own mp3's into the game's player.

Pretty trick. Wish EQ2 had something similar.
Unread 07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

EQ2 can use custom music, if that's what you're after, but it has no mp3 player where you can have things on shuffle or such.
Unread 07-30-2005, 03:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Coordinated feedback

Perhaps teh thing to do would be to coordinate feedback to SOE. They have so much data to sift through that I am sure they miss most of it. If there are a bunch of cross-game features we all want to see, (and I want to see them just as bad as anyone) we should get together and write a nice letter to address the issue. Any good writers out there? Preferable with the ear of SOE.

Tearan