EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-17-2007, 02:06 AM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default % symbols getting cut off in my experience window.

I am not sure exactly how to explain this but here goes.

I use an experience bar mod that shows % for experience gained with no decimal (ie 65%). The only problem is when I reach 100% the % symbol gets cut off. I wouldn't really mind because when I level it goes back to 0% but when I hit level 70 I do not want to look at a number with a % symbol half cut off forever. Does anyone know what I need to change in the XML to make it so that the % will show up and not get cut off when displaying 100%? 0%-99% show up just fine but 100% displays with the % symbol cut off. I just leveled to 65 with my Guardian but I forgot to take a screen shot of the % getting cut off. I am hoping I can just increase a number or something in the XML since I don't know how to use UIbuilder.

Here is an example of the window I am using:

Here is an example of the code that I copied from another experience bar mod and pasted into my experience bar mod(I am using Seagoat's exp bar) to add the %. I am just not sure which of these items needs to be changed to make the % not get cut off when displaying 100%:

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" DynamicData="/GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent" Font="/Fonts.FontZapf12" LocalText="99%" Location="128,7" Name="TraLevel" ScrollExtent="22,15" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.OutlineDrop.style" Size="22,14" TextAlignment="Right" TextColor="#EBDEAA">99%</Text>

Thanks for the help

Last edited by Bramwell : 01-17-2007 at 02:26 AM.
Unread 01-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Make your Text object wider.. But being you have it right aligned I don't know why it's cutting off the %, unless Text object can't/wont paint the text past the containers boundaries past 0. In that case it would be a bug in SOE Text Object class.

You might also think about changing the font to /TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle.

Last edited by Landiin : 01-17-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Unread 01-17-2007, 09:36 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Make your Text object wider.. But being you have it right aligned I don't know why it's cutting off the %, unless Text object can't/wont paint the text past the containers boundaries past 0. In that case it would be a bug in SOE Text Object class.

You might also think about changing the font to /TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle.
So I would change both numbers or just one of these numbers (Size="22,14")? If it is like math I would assume I could make the 22 larger to maybe something like 28? Does the Scroll Extent/Local Text matter?
Unread 01-17-2007, 11:56 AM
A Griffon

I usually center the text in my labels and then widen/shrink the size of it to fit the highest possible number (i.e. 100%) the label will display. Reason is, if you left or right justify the text and have a shadow outline it will cut it off in game. Unless you're using a custom font, the default font you see in the game is wider than that you would see in UIBuilder. Centering vertically avoids having the font overlap anything above and below it (i.e. if you have a tight frame around the label) such as the ^^^ you would find in the target window for example. Another idea could be to remove the shadow outline completely if the text is going to be on a dark background constantly anyway.
Unread 01-17-2007, 01:36 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I will try out changing the size when one of my numbers hits 100% again. It is wierd because when the % gets cut off I can still kind of see it but it is underneath and to the left of the 100. Almost like the % symbol is being forced onto another window/object rather than staying with the 100. Like if the % in the picture above was underneath the 6 or 18 instead of next to it.

Last edited by Bramwell : 01-17-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Unread 01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Sounds like its trying to wrap, but the vertical size of the text area is forcing it to kinda cram somewhere it shouldn't.

But just increase that 22 a bit and you should be good.
Unread 01-23-2007, 08:35 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

just thought i might add that you don't have to wait till one of your numbers hits 100. Just set the text to one of the numbers to 100% and just remove the dynamicdata property temporarily. IE just make it static text set to 100% to get the size right. Once you have the right size you can change it back(re-add the dynamicdata property) while still keeping the new size you figured out.
Unread 01-23-2007, 09:28 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
just thought i might add that you don't have to wait till one of your numbers hits 100. Just set the text to one of the numbers to 100% and just remove the dynamicdata property temporarily. IE just make it static text set to 100% to get the size right. Once you have the right size you can change it back(re-add the dynamicdata property) while still keeping the new size you figured out.
Hey, this would have worked great However, I decided just to change the size that afternoon and hope for the best. The guild I am in dinged and everything showed up great! I will keep this in mind for anything I alter in the future though. Thanks!