EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-04-2016, 01:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Impulse_Freestyle?

My key binding for auto run suddenly changed itself & I can't get it to reset. Each time I attempt to reset it I get the message about using the same binding as is set for "Impulse_Freestyle".

I cannot find "Impulse_Freestyle", I do not know what it is! I use Profit & EqII Map.

Can anyone help me with this? I use "auto run" a lot & it is interfering with my game play!

Thanks in advance!

Stormbourne
Unread 11-04-2016, 07:59 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbourne View Post
My key binding for auto run suddenly changed itself & I can't get it to reset. Each time I attempt to reset it I get the message about using the same binding as is set for "Impulse_Freestyle".

I cannot find "Impulse_Freestyle", I do not know what it is! I use Profit & EqII Map.

Can anyone help me with this? I use "auto run" a lot & it is interfering with my game play!

Thanks in advance!

Stormbourne

There is an IMPULSE_FREELOOK which is what happens if you hold down the left mouse button -- the camera pans around your character as you roll the mouse around. The key label for left mouse button is <LEFT BUTTON>.

When you click the Auto Run (toggle) button to change it, make sure you immediately type the keyboard key that you want, NUMLOCK for example. You should then see <NUMLOCK> appear on the button next to Auto Run (toggle). If the window still complains that IMPULSE_FREELOOK is already bound to a keyboard key, go ahead and hit the NUMLOCK key (or whatever your choice is) to override it. I don't think you want a keyboard key bound to a command that only makes sense for a mouse action.

Unread 11-04-2016, 03:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for responding.

This is what happens & this is what I have repeatedly attempted. (It is FreeLOCK, not freeSTYLE). It simply will not accept the binding I have always used - Middle Button.

My only thought at this point is that my "Middle Button" is no longer functioning. I agree I don't want to use a keyboard command rather than a mouse command.

Any further ideas are welcomed!
Unread 11-04-2016, 06:01 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I just tried unsetting and setting <MIDDLE BUTTON> for Auto Run (toggle) and it worked fine. So yes I would take a look at your mouse. If the middle button/wheel is working for your other programs then it may be okay. It's drastic, but if the wheel is functional you might get Auto Run back onto the middle button by re-selecting your keyboard layout at the bottom of the Options window. (Mouse clicks for keyboard functions are considered to be part of the keyboard maps.) If you have done a lot of extensive customizing of the keyboard layout you should first type

/save_keymaps mykeymaps

so you can go back to what you had if needed. So for example, if you were using the EverQuest II Defaults layout, select something else in the dropdown and then re-select EverQuest II Defaults. Check the Auto Run (additional) setting and see if it is back to <MIDDLE BUTTON>. If so, test to make sure it's working. If so, then you can go back through and reset the customizations for everything else. To revert back to your old settings, type

/load_keymaps mykeymaps

Unread 11-05-2016, 03:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you so much for the save info.

I switched my mouse & the problem was instantly solved.

Stormbourne