EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-16-2006, 08:13 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Two Problems

I Am currently having two problems that hopefully someone can help me with.

The first is that my Journals_Active.xml does not show up in game. I have tried a number of things to make it show, but nothing appears to work.
What I have done:
Replaced the custom Journals_Active.xml with the original within my custom UI folder.
Deleted all "Journals" xml's within the custom folder.
Deleted all "journals" xml's from within the default UI folder, and performed a complete file scan.

None of these things have worked... I'm hoping someone might have an idea why even the default is not showing. (And yes, I have the little checkbox checked to show it.)

The second has to do with the file for my Inventory.Inventory_xml The close and setting buttons do not work, and I cannot figure out why.
I have:
Compared line by line for differences in the parameters of these files to the originals.
Copy and pasted the close and settings buttons from the original.
Deleted the whole thing and rebuilt it from the original.

Still the close and settings buttons do not work.

The attached file is of the Inventory_inventory.XML

Thanks in advance
- V -
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml (54.2 KB, 228 views)
Unread 01-16-2006, 10:08 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Default First Solved

Okay,

I Was able to resolve the first problem by deleting the charicter ini file from the main EQ directory...
It was a pain to rebuild the setup...but it's nice to have that window back.

As for the second problem... Anyone able to see what might be wrong?

Thanks Again
- V -
Unread 01-16-2006, 11:12 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

You close and settings button do not work because they are child nodes of the page frame.

Your code
Code:
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="0,5" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0005/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0006/0001" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.single_pixel" ScrollExtent="244,290" Size="244,290">
<Button LocalTooltip="Window Settings" Location="210,-1" Name="Settings" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-034/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.settings.style" Tooltip="Window Settings" UserMovable="true"></Button>
<Button LocalTooltip="Close" Location="226,-1" Name="Close" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-018/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.close.style" Tooltip="Close" UserMovable="true"></Button>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" LocalText="Inventory &amp; Status" Location="4,0" MaxLines="1" Name="Title" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0138/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="106,15" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStylesNew.Outline.style" Size="106,15" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" TextColor="#F0D080">Inventory &amp; Status</Text>
</Page>
From the structure of your winow, it's the old way SOE structured it. Doing it this way IF it still works, your window control buttons can't be children of any node except the root.

changing your code to;
Code:
<Button LocalTooltip="Window Settings" Location="210,-1" Name="Settings" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-034/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.settings.style" Tooltip="Window Settings" UserMovable="true"></Button>
<Button LocalTooltip="Close" Location="226,-1" Name="Close" PackLocation="right,top" PackLocationProp="-018/0001,-001/0001" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.close.style" Tooltip="Close" UserMovable="true"></Button>
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="0,5" Name="Frame" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0005/0001" PackSize="absolute,absolute" PackSizeProp="0000/0001,0006/0001" RStyleDefault="/FrameStyles.single_pixel" ScrollExtent="244,290" Size="244,290"/>
should get you going.

The current way to structure you window frame is;
Code:
<Page Name="WindowFrame">
  <Button Name="Close"></Button>
  <Button Name="Help"></Button>
  <Button Name="Settings"></Button>
  <Page Name="LeftGrouper">
    <Text Name="Title"></Text>
  </Page>
  <Page Name="RightGrouper/>
  <Page Name="Frame"/>
  <Page Name="Bkg"/>
</Page>
Hope this helps you out.

Last edited by Landiin : 01-16-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Unread 01-16-2006, 08:17 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Default That helps

After server being down for most of my morning... I'm playing, but will test this in a bit to see if that's it..

I appreciate the info.

Thanks
- V -