EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default New Bottom Bar Issues

Now that the new bottom bar is in, I wanted to post a couple of issues I have.

1. The dividers in my resolution (1280x1024) are sitting a little too high. They do not touch the bottom frame and the hang from the top of the top frame.

2. Need a few more dividers (between MA and AE Autoattack and between abil recov and crit chance)

3. Is there a way to setup the items in the order they were in in the old bar, so we could get it to look just like the old bar or can you give us a way to reorder the items in the list.

4. Is there a way to change the abbriviations you used in the bottom bar?

Thanks for all the work.
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:04 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsi View Post
Now that the new bottom bar is in, I wanted to post a couple of issues I have.

1. The dividers in my resolution (1280x1024) are sitting a little too high. They do not touch the bottom frame and the hang from the top of the top frame.

2. Need a few more dividers (between MA and AE Autoattack and between abil recov and crit chance)

3. Is there a way to setup the items in the order they were in in the old bar, so we could get it to look just like the old bar or can you give us a way to reorder the items in the list.

4. Is there a way to change the abbriviations you used in the bottom bar?

Thanks for all the work.
1. I found the issue. Sorry about that.
2. I can add more dividers. They take up space on the bar however so I figured the 10 I have were probably all anyone would want. Those 10 divide the major categories of stats.

3. I could reorder them. I should be able to make them sortable as well but that is for a later time. I wanted to get this out before I worked on more options for it.

4. You would have to edit the code atm. That is something else I want to make dynamic. But even when that is done the size would not vary. I know of no way to determine the length of a string in the ui(would be necessary to make the items truely dynamic).

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 03-14-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Unread 03-14-2011, 12:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
1. I found the issue. Sorry about that.
2. I can add more dividers. They take up space on the bar however so I figured the 10 I have were probably all anyone would want. Those 10 divide the major categories of stats.

3. I could reorder them. I should be able to make them sortable as well but that is for a later time. I wanted to get this out before I worked on more options for it.

4. You would have to edit the code atm. That is something else I want to make dynamic. But even when that is done the size would not vary. I know of no way to determine the length of a string in the ui(would be necessary to make the items truely dynamic).

Silat
1. Thanks, no worries, just trying to help.

2. can we move the existing dividers? if not, the two I requested, help divide the stats up closer to the original bar (and of course was my take on how it should be divided ).

3. no big deal. the sorting would be nice but, I am just so used to looking at a certain part of the bottow bar for stats, and I am totally confused when I don't see what I am looking for. Will take a while to get used to the new order, but I will eventually.

4. Thanks. I will tweak the code if it really bugs me, and yes the ability to set our own labels would be nice, and I realize it may not be soon, after all you do this on your own time.

These were all suggestions to help make the bottom bar better (at least from my perspective, I don't know how anyone else feels.)

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Unread 03-14-2011, 02:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Moving the dividers should be fairly easy. If you look at the code, you'll see that each block defines either a divider or an item (look at the last part of the second line of the block). You should be able to cut a divider block and paste it between a different pair of item blocks. Just be careful to keep the dividers and items in the same order. I haven't tried changing the order to see what happens.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Everfrost

I've read through the instructions for the new bottom bar but it's completely blank and, when I click on "Bottom Bar Config" in the control center, I just hear a "thump" and nothing happens (just like auto attack always has), so I have no way to customize. Can you tell me what I need to do to get this set up?
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziekew View Post
I've read through the instructions for the new bottom bar but it's completely blank and, when I click on "Bottom Bar Config" in the control center, I just hear a "thump" and nothing happens (just like auto attack always has), so I have no way to customize. Can you tell me what I need to do to get this set up?
You most likely have _profitui_custom.xml on ignore. Launch the autoupdater. Click Settings in top left. mouse over updater until menu opens to the right of it. Click reset all settings. rerun the patcher.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 03-21-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Oasis

The Hate Mod stat appears as ##... when displaying a negative value.

Other than that I haven't seen any real issues.
Unread 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
You most likely have _profitui_custom.xml on ignore. Launch the autoupdater. Click Settings in top left. mouse over updater until menu opens to the right of it. Click reset all settings. rerun the patcher.

Silat
No, it wasn't ignored but I went ahead and did that anyway and lost my custom settings. Now, I have the box around the active quests on screen and your instructions from your forum reply on that issue (There is a no frame variant available via the auto updater. Launch updater ... Select Settings ... Select Variants...Change dropdown to quest journal - active....double click no frames ...it should turn green...click ok...click update now if needed.) is not working.

So now I have a blank bottom bar (which does tell me "bar will appear in xx seconds) and I have the box around the quests list again....
Unread 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
A Griffon
Featured

If you cannot see the settings page when you click on bottombar settings in the profitui control center it means that the file is not included. This means that your profitui_custom file is old. If it was missing you would be missing almost all of profit so it is not missing...just out of date. The bar is blank because the bottombar_settings file is not available. It is included in the profitui_custom file. Until the most current version of the custom file is in your install you will continue to have the problem. Try deleting the file _ProfitUI_BottomBar_Settings.xml from your profitui directory and then rerun the updater. It should replace that file.

Silat
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:02 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
If you cannot see the settings page when you click on bottombar settings in the profitui control center it means that the file is not included. This means that your profitui_custom file is old. If it was missing you would be missing almost all of profit so it is not missing...just out of date. The bar is blank because the bottombar_settings file is not available. It is included in the profitui_custom file. Until the most current version of the custom file is in your install you will continue to have the problem. Try deleting the file _ProfitUI_BottomBar_Settings.xml from your profitui directory and then rerun the updater. It should replace that file.

Silat
Ok I will try that. Meanwhile, here is the _ProfitUI_custom.xml file contents. It did get downloaded in the update. I'll let you know if deleting the other file works tho. _ProfitUI_SubClassDetector.xml _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt _ProfitUI_CuresCode.xml _ProfitUI_StandardSearches.txt _ProfitUI_InventoryColorSettings.txt _ProfitUI_Settings.xml _ProfitUI_SoundControls.xml _ProfitUI_VideoControls.xml _ProfitUI_ControlCenter.xml _ProfitUI_Timer.xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml _ProfitUI_BottomBar_Settings.xml _ProfitUI_Persona_Settings.xml _ProfitUI_InfoCenter.xml _ProfitUI_AutoAttackCalc.xml _ProfitUI_AutoAttackBar.xml _ProfitUI_TargetCasting.xml

EDIT:
Sorry, can't get it to format nicely. Anyway, I did as you said and still blank bar and no config in the control center. I did fix the frame around the active quests, however, by reverting to the previous version. I forgot to mention this is the case on two computers. The previous version of bottom bar worked fine tho.

Last edited by Suziekew : 03-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Unread 03-21-2011, 10:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I am at a loss then. Your custom file shows the settings file in it. Your bottom bar should not be blank. Even before you customize it I have it coded to show a few things by default. It is like the ui is not seeing the settings file for some reason. I have no idea why that would be so.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Silat
Unread 03-22-2011, 06:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Resetting settings worked for me, only other thing you could try is deleting your ProfitUI folder in your UI folder and also your eq2.ini file and redownloading everything, if that does not work then at least you have something clean to work from and should rule out a lot of things.
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:37 AM
A Mist Grinnin

I fixed it. On a whim, I put the settings from _ProfitUI_custom.xml into eq2ui_custom.xml, removed any double entries and now, everything, even the long absent autoattackcalc is there!

Thanks for all the help and the quick responses. Love the new bottom bar!
Unread 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
I fixed it. On a whim, I put the settings from _ProfitUI_custom.xml into eq2ui_custom.xml, removed any double entries and now, everything, even the long absent autoattackcalc is there!

Thanks for all the help and the quick responses. Love the new bottom bar!
Out of curiosity was profitui_custom included in eq2ui_custom?

Silat
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM
A Griffon

I'm having the same issues with BottomBar Config not doing anything (as well as AutoAttackCalc and the Connection+FPS info). I have no files set to ignore. Since you ask about eq2ui_custom.xml, here is what's in mine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>_ProfitUI_custom.xml</include>
</Page>
<Namespace Name="ProfitUI_Styles">
<include>_ProfitUI_Styles.xml</include>
</Namespace>

I haven't tried copying anything from ProfitUI_Custom to eq2ui_custom.

The bottom bar appears normally. I just can't call up the config tool.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Out of curiosity was profitui_custom included in eq2ui_custom?

Silat
Not the profitui_custom.xml itself but many of the files from that file were there. All I did was add the rest from the former file and it worked like a charm. I experimented to see if I could do without eq2ui_custom.xml and copied everything over to profitui_custom.xml, renaming the eq file but all I got were a few blank boxes onscreen and nothing else. Also, this has been the same experience on both of my computers. One is Windows XP and the other is Win7 64 bit if that matters at all.
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:04 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Not the profitui_custom.xml itself but many of the files from that file were there. All I did was add the rest from the former file and it worked like a charm. I experimented to see if I could do without eq2ui_custom.xml and copied everything over to profitui_custom.xml, renaming the eq file but all I got were a few blank boxes onscreen and nothing else. Also, this has been the same experience on both of my computers. One is Windows XP and the other is Win7 64 bit if that matters at all.
That was your problem then. Your eq2ui_custom file should have looked like:

<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
</Page>
</Namespace>

Plus any mods you added yourself. Since it was not including the porfitui_custom file you were not getting the profit custom windows. If you want it to work without you having to mod files just make your file as above and use the default (from updater) profitui_custom file.

Silat
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
I'm having the same issues with BottomBar Config not doing anything (as well as AutoAttackCalc and the Connection+FPS info). I have no files set to ignore. Since you ask about eq2ui_custom.xml, here is what's in mine:

</Page>
</Namespace>

I haven't tried copying anything from ProfitUI_Custom to eq2ui_custom.

The bottom bar appears normally. I just can't call up the config tool.

-= Therendil =-
Delete the _profitui_custom file from your profitui directory and rerun the updater to replace it.

Your custom file is including it so you should be getting the windows it includes unless the file is broken in some way.

I just did a clean install of profitui from the autoupdater and everything worked properly without modification, so it isn't the file itself, just something with your copy of it.

Silat
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:38 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

thanks for the new bottom bar. i like its flexibility.

Quote:
that would be cool.

crit bonus - mod - potency is a strange order, if you want to check the values infight.

Int: is displayed as I...
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:34 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
That was your problem then. Your eq2ui_custom file should have looked like:

<?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=&quot;utf-8&quot;?>
<Page IgnoreTab=&quot;false&quot; ismodule=&quot;true&quot; Name=&quot;Custom&quot; PackSize=&quot;1,1&quot; PackSizeProp=&quot;0002/0003,0002/0003&quot; ScrollExtent=&quot;1024,768&quot; Size=&quot;1024,768&quot; Visible=&quot;false&quot;>
</Page>
<Namespace Name=&quot;ProfitUI_Styles&quot;>
</Namespace>

Plus any mods you added yourself. Since it was not including the porfitui_custom file you were not getting the profit custom windows. If you want it to work without you having to mod files just make your file as above and use the default (from updater) profitui_custom file.

Silat
aha! That was the next thing I was going to try. Worked perfectly and so much more elegant! All is well now and the bottom bar is wonderful. All my alts thank you! hehe
Unread 03-23-2011, 03:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
thanks for the new bottom bar. i like its flexibility.

that would be cool.

crit bonus - mod - potency is a strange order, if you want to check the values infight.

Int: is displayed as I...
Will take a look at it.

Silat
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:03 AM
A Griffon

I deleted _profitui_custom.xml, ran the updater to replace it, and that did not fix the problem. I deleted all 549 Profit files, ran the updater to replace them, and that did work. So something was broken. As much as I'd like to know what was broken, I don't think I'm up to the task of running diffs on 549 pairs of files.....

I will be watching to see if any other anomalies magically appear or disappear with the new install.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
A Griffon

I have used the bottom bar config tool now and I have one issue. When the config window comes up, the existing bottom bar items are not pre-checked. Is that the way it is supposed to work? I hope not. That forces me to redefine the current setup (and hope I remember everything) before making changes.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
I have used the bottom bar config tool now and I have one issue. When the config window comes up, the existing bottom bar items are not pre-checked. Is that the way it is supposed to work? I hope not. That forces me to redefine the current setup (and hope I remember everything) before making changes.

-= Therendil =-
No it should be pre-checking everything. A few people besides yourself seem to be having the occasional issue...but I cannot track anything down as I am not having an issue.

Silat
Unread 03-25-2011, 05:10 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Oasis

When I first installed the new bar nothing worked, then I remembered that I was using a variant of the bottom bar.

Once I went into the auto-updater and reset the bottom bar to Default, it worked just fine.

Also TalTal - Did you see my post regarding the Hate Mod value on the bottom bar ending in '...' when greater than 10?