EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-30-2005, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Making stuff bigger (default UI)

I'm running in 1920x1200 resolution (the native resolution of my LCD monitor) and the game looks fantastic, but some of the UI components are just too small.

I found how to make the chat font larger, but not how to increase the size of the font used when I am typing. Is there a way to change that font?

Also, there are many other UI items I would like to make larger like health bars. Is there a generic way to increase the size of things in the default UI?
Unread 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default common issue

Hey i've had the same on going problem for a long time now. I use a 1080i hdtv as my monitor and every thing is just alittle too small in particularly the fonts of the windows and the buttons. any help here would solve a six month ongoing problem for me...

thanks
ethean
Unread 12-24-2005, 02:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I use an HDTV as well. While I'm running in 720p mode so the UI graphic sizes are just fine, the font sizes are too small. I've attempted to make them larger using custom UIs, changing the font sizes in the eq2ui_fonts.xml file with no success at all. I grabbed some premade eq2ui_fonts.xml fonts files from this site that don't seem to work anymore. I can remember setting this up 6 months ago with no trouble, but something must have change as to how fonts are handled. I had to resintall my whole system so everything is back to square one. Please help.
Unread 12-24-2005, 03:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

You can change font size in game, have you tried that?

*Edit* well, in that chat box at least. Not everything else ingame, sorry.
Unread 12-24-2005, 11:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, that works for the chat box but nothing else. I've tried the smooth font option and enable small arial font option, neither is satisfactory. The funny thing is, I had an install of EQ2 from last August or so and didn't play it for months. Then I logged on and the latest defualt blue UI theme was automatically downloaded and the font was excellent. It was a larger Arial font. I think it happened by accident because after the latest install of the game, that font is gone. It was too large for some of the map label tabs as it was clipped in some areas but perfect for everything else.

Are fonts handled by EQ2 the same as 6 months ago? As in, can you simply copy the defualt UI into another directory, reference it in eq2.ini, then bump up all the point sizes in this file: eq2ui_fonts.xml. I was trying it last night a bunch of times and it nothing worked.
Unread 02-20-2006, 12:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Thumbs Up Solution: Feb 2006 - Larger Fonts for Large Screens!

Hey;
After reading through these in search of a solution, as I play on a 42" Flastscreen, I was likewise having problems with some text sizes, mainly the Journal / Quest windows, I found it very hard to read important details. So what I did is of course to start, Copy the 'Default' Folder in the \UI Directory, and rename it to whatever, I just named mine 'Font' (I know, very original)....

Once I renamed it, I opened that folder, and used WinXP to search JUST in that folder (so I would not catch any files from the default UI folder or anywhere else), and I did a "Search for Files Containing" the word 'Pointsize' (without quotes). This serach brough about about 5 files, I spent about 5 min, and just did a search and replace in each of those files (open with Notepad, choose Edit...Replace), and did a Replace on exactly these two:

Pointsize="15"

and

Pointsize="18"

I replaced BOTH of these, with:

Pointsize="22"

After I saved all these files and made sure EQ2 was using my new AI that I slaved over for all of 10 minutes, I loaded the game up (On Feb 19,2006!), and pretty much all the text was just enough larger that I could clearly read it on the 42" Television, with 720p resolution, from about 9 feet away.....much nicer.

I know this is a basic solution that alot of figured out on their own, just thought I'd post my own thoughts on how I took care of this for any of the 'less technical' users.......much less technical...Either way, simple enough, I belive their were 5 files I did the full search and replace all on, yes, I know, some files were likley for different languages, I figured I'd replace them all, rather than go hunting for that one value I missed when it didn't work :P

Enjoy All!

Server: Befallen
Char: Tauni