EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 07-28-2013, 04:19 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis
Default Suggestion: Set path to item selected in search.

Many times I do a search for some NPC, quest item, or Mob and when I click on it, many times I can't see the flashing thing. Too many POIs displaying or lots of overlap hiding it. (DrumsUI is my main UI and I am using his set of icons). In any case, instead of briefly flashing something on the map, I'd prefer it to set a path with the flashing X and direction indicator as if I had clicked on it in the map. Make it an option as I am sure some do not want it to act this way.

Right now, I sometimes have to type in the POI numbers and then click "Path" to see where something actually is.

Anyway, just a thought.
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:49 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

I would like to see this feature to, but all that is in SOEs hands
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:44 AM
A Griffon

I use ProfitUI and run into the same problem. Would it be possible to do more than blink the target point briefly? I'm thinking maybe highlight it with a mark like the big X used with waypoints.

Another thought: center the map on the target point. Sometimes I end up clicking and scrolling, clicking and scrolling, until I have the target point in the current view. Or I end zooming out until the whole map is visible.

Also, I'd like to see a way to choose among multiple POIs grouped closely together. Sometimes even at full zoom in, POI's can be grouped close enough to block access to some

I'm not sure how possible any of this is, because I'm not sure how much EQ2Maps does itself and how much it simply applies SOE's code.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 07-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Almost certain that all those behaviors are controlled by SOE's code. All EQ2MAP does is add POIs and maps (and via the in-game browser allow for submission of new POIs to EQ2MAP). The blinking behavior and the search behavior is all part of the map window is set to work by SOE.

As for clusters of POIs, way back in the day they used to get merged into one "cluster" type POI to address that but now there's few cases where they overlap so much that you can't tell any of them apart; it can be tricky to find exactly where to hover over to get the one you want, but I haven't seen any cases where it's not possible entirely (and even then, you usually just have to filter off some types: quest updates and "locations" are the worst offenders in terms of number).
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:17 PM
A Griffon

I had actually forgotten that you could filter out certain POI types to reduce the clutter. Not something I ever thought to do. But if there is no way to influence the behavior, then that sounds like the one option.

-= Therendil =-