Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Trouble with EQ2MAP

Hello,
Sorry not Eq2 Windows but Eq2 Maps.
I just came back to playing and I am trying to get Eq2maps to work with the Auto version. I keep getting a message after clicking he updating that wants me to find my Everquest2.exe file I can can't find it for the life of me any help would be greatly welcome.

** Edit** I'm running Vista 64 bit. When I click on the shortcut it opens to my C drive under program files.

Last edited by 98bcobra : 02-28-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Unread 02-28-2011, 01:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Right click the icon you use to start eq2. Choose properties. Highlight the information in the start in field without the quotes. That is the path to your eq2.exe file.

Silat
Unread 02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok i followed that path like I did before and it just pops a window up wanting me to log in to www.eq2interface.com. Now really sure why. I have tried running as admin also.
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Whats the name of the app on the task bar your using? The only thing that ever asked for eq2interfaces's info was an App I created that would update any ui hosted on this server. I discontinued it some time ago now so if that is it you should DL one of the new EQ2Map updaters.
Unread 02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Its Say EQ2Map Updater. If I Hover over the icon it pops up with website address. I don't get it because I downloaded the Auto version from this website here. Is there another Auto Version that I am missing?
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra View Post
Its Say EQ2Map Updater. If I Hover over the icon it pops up with website address. I don't get it because I downloaded the Auto version from this website here. Is there another Auto Version that I am missing?
The offical updater would say "EQ2MAP Auto Updater (Version 1.2.4)" on the taskbar. You can find it here. The official updater will not ask for login info to this site.

If you still have the link you downloaded your current updater from, would be interesting to see that one.
Unread 02-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Like GM9 said, if you still have the link where you downloaded that updater from pass it along to one of us.

You should only download a map updater app from this site alone.
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html

Thats is were I downloaded it from.
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That's the official download, but as I said, there is nothing in there that either has the title "EQ2MAP Updater" or asks for your eq2interface login, so you make sure you are actually running the program you downloaded from that link, because it seems you are running something else instead.
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Not sure what keeps happening I download from that link you provided. I open it with Windows Explorer save it under my Everquest file and still keep ending up with the Everquest2.exe Pathway not found.
Unread 03-06-2011, 07:34 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have this same problem this started since DOV expansion. The game starts from launchpad.exe
Unread 03-10-2011, 07:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok good I'm not that only one lol. My family members that had it installed already have no problems. I guess its just a if your reinstalling it.
Unread 03-10-2011, 11:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I had this same problem and found it to be a problem that only presented when trying to install the maps while playing the game from a "streaming" installation. In other words, if you are playing the game without it being completely installed, but instead opted to play while it is streaming to your computer, then the problem lies in the fact that the maps installer cannot complete its installation because there is no everquest2.exe until the streaming is complete. ugh!!!!! I can't tell you how many times I uninstalled the maps and reinstalled them and how many ini files I created and placed in the ui folder and in the everquest directory and everywhere else I thought it might do some good....., and then I started looking for the file it was asking for and abra kadabra... there it wasn't.

so I downloaded the whole game when I wasn't playing the game, reinstalled the maps in the new game folder and when I loaded from the new game folder, eq2maps worked just fine. eureka!!
Unread 03-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Everquest2.exe should be patched down in the launchpad before you ever get in to the game and start streaming. That's the executable that runs the game, so you cannot not have it and yet be running the game.
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

All I am saying is that is isn't there when I started a new stream. A friend of mine, had the same problem, and when she searched for the .exe she couldn't find it either. The game is starting and running from the launchpad. There is an icon but it doesn't point to an exe file.

This is the website the SOE people are giving out for streaming the game so you can play while you download. Please check it out. Start the download and then search for the .exe file in the new directory. http://launch.soe.com/eq2/
Unread 03-11-2011, 08:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordserver37 View Post
All I am saying is that is isn't there when I started a new stream. A friend of mine, had the same problem, and when she searched for the .exe she couldn't find it either.
It is always there, the game cannot run without it. Your operation system or its settings probably prevents you from finding it in a search.
Unread 03-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

the streamer defaults to
<DRIVE>:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II Streaming

check there for everquest2.exe

Edited in the correct path, C&P the wrong one :P

Last edited by Landiin : 03-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.