EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 01-28-2014, 01:33 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default Quick Cast Buttons Change on all Characters

I used the new updater and installed all the updated files on my account today. After I created a couple new quick cast settings on my Necro I logged on to my Coercer and the quick cast buttons had my Necros settings that I just changed and all my Coercer ones were gone.
Also, between different toons my hate and target casting bars always seem to go away and I have reselct them even though I have them turned on all toons.
I have always loved this UI but lately seems to be getting buggy.
Thank you for any help possible.
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:13 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Yeah, the Target Window on one toon disappeared while it's still present on another. In their UI settings, I have this:

Window is gone (doesn't show with F10 and I see no spells casting):
Code:
<Window Name="DrumsUI_TargetCasting" alignment="5" alignment_offset="-30,-89" backdrop_mo_o="0" backdrop_n_o="0" click_through="true" frame_mo_o="0" frame_n_o="0" locked="true" size="270,50" window_style="0" />
Window is present:
Code:
<Window Name="DrumsUI_TargetCasting" alignment="5" alignment_offset="-30,-89" backdrop_mo_o="0" backdrop_n_o="0" click_through="true" locked="true" size="270,50" window_style="0" />
Other than the character's UI settings file, is there any other place that says to display it or not? Where does it save the option to show/not show the window for a toon?

Update: nevermind, the toon that it was showing on, quit showing. If I turn it back on with Mysstie.. and camp to myself, it will be gone again. Something hinky is going with it.

Thanks

Last edited by Mysstie : 01-28-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Unread 01-28-2014, 05:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Thanks for the feedback guys. For now, if you have troubles with Click buttons on a character, my best suggestion is to exit the game and relog back into the intended character.

For some reason, the data-loading method I'm using is working on the first character, and "sometimes" working when swapping. I ran into this issue zero times while testing between about 5 characters, so bare with me.

The EQ2 UI is not the easiest to work with, and I'm not really sure why this update is having this behavior, when the previous version of my UI did "less" to try to auto-load windows.
Unread 01-29-2014, 03:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Well, looks like the Casting Macros also do not load when camping between toons as the list comes up empty. I know it saved them because they are there when I first go into the game with that toon.

I wonder if this window and/or settings loading routine is tied into the same process that shows the Welcome window as my Welcome window is only displayed when the 1st toon logs in.

My Click to Cure settings that I had set up for Mysstie and Mintee before this update still seem to be present and still seem to load when camping between them. Hmm.. so.. what is C2C doing differently from the others? Bizarre.