EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 05-26-2006, 05:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default WoW vs EQ2

I just simply must ask why so many players on both sides feel the overwhelming urge to lash out at the opposing game?

I played WoW since Beta and just recently stopped playing due to my guild disbanding...

I've also been playing Everquest II for some time now and find that neither is perfect in any way, shape, or form.

On the flip side, they both have a LOT going for them. Each is great in its own way but regardless of the good aspects in both games, people feel the need to turn it into a weenis measuring competition.

Why?

What happened to the time when gaming was gaming and people got to enjoy them for what they are? (FUN)

Point being, I see a lot of WoW bashing on here. And a lot of EQ2 bashing on WoW based forums...

Everyone needs to take a chill pill and realize that they are playing the game that they like better and theres no reason to say that one sucks over another. As I stated before, both of them could use work in various areas, but over all both are equally worth playing.

Get the hell along and grow up, please... I'm asking nicely!

~Izlude
Unread 05-26-2006, 07:21 AM
A Grove Wisp

Default agree

i hear you on that one. i play Eq2 for the fun, and i dont let the other players get to me. and i have played WoW. and it too is fun in its own way.
Unread 05-26-2006, 07:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Lots of kids play this game and they act accordingly. You know how it goes...

"WTFZ D00d! My game is the shizzits! HTF can you play that peice of crap omg omg omg"

It's just how kids are. IMO just ignore the kiddy game bashing. It's not worth wasting your time reading that drivel.
Unread 05-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Speaking of kids, the other day I rolled a druid on WoW and logged in to goof off a bit. Not 30 seconds after entering the game I get a tell saying "wtf, druid suck". I was then spammed with duels till I logged out agian. Mind you, I know that it's only a minor fraction of the WoW players who act like that (and I've had similar run-ins with dingbats in EQ2) and I still enjoy the game a lot.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I was then spammed with duels till I logged out agian.
I recommend the IgnoreRequests addon, it lets you auto-decline duels, party invites, and guild invites (each is individually customizable)

It's wonderful for avoiding idiots like the one you mentioned that was duel spamming you

I just laugh at people who sit there hitting it over and over, as if I'll accept it eventually.

Sometimes I'll laugh at them in-game and tell them that I have an auto-decline script and that it'll never be accepted
Unread 05-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Yeah I know, I just hadn't gotten around to installing it after formatting my harddrive. In fact, that thing promptly reminded me to lol.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 05-26-2006, 04:37 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by izlude
I just simply must ask why so many players on both sides feel the overwhelming urge to lash out at the opposing game?

Get the hell along and grow up, please... I'm asking nicely!

~Izlude
If it bothers you so much why start another thread on it. All that will probably do is promote the same thing that seems to bother you.

People like to talk about what they playing and they play it because they like it more than something else otherwise they'd be playing that. What do you expect?
Unread 05-26-2006, 07:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I was just hoping to discuss it in a manner that doesnt choose sides. I was taking the stance from the point of view of a player who enjoyed both games.

And by doing this I think we were able to successfully discuss it. No one has said either one sucked yet in this thread, we've all been pretty good about it in my humble opinion.
Unread 06-21-2006, 06:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Default why?

The issue doesn't really need a discussion, who cares if Wow people fight against EQ2 people. In my opinion that rivalry will only produce progress as the games try to out do eachother, thus giving the people a better game. If Wow bashing bothers u that much go hug a few WoW players, they'll appreciate your generousity, as we all know their losers
Unread 06-21-2006, 07:43 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Lmao

Both games sux and dont sux in there own right.... Just makes me laugh when when I get silly tells from kidz hehe ... However the kids do seem to have the best kit on many occasions /boggle ... Is parents buying them plat etc to keep them from bugging them and leave them to bug us insted? lol or ado they realy know how to play to get the best kit in game? ... Thats somthing that I have always wondered likes ..... Now try asking one of them and you can well imagine what the resoponse is, You get a tell that consists of L33T so damn complicted it takes 10 mins to work out wtf the kid is saying and by that time you been called a newb by him / her at lest 20 times over Roflmao...

In all you can get a laugh outta it, and other times you just want to hit shutdown

In all play what you wanna play each to their own makes no diff to me whatsoever.... your going to be called a newb suxxor whatever the game lmao ... kids you gotta love them .. just a shame I cant fit them on the BBQ
Unread 06-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
just a shame I cant fit them on the BBQ
LOL

<to short code beater>