EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2 map programme not working

Afternoon all.

I downloaded the EQ2 map updater last night, but it didn't work. I read up on it and it said I needed the .NET framework, which I downloaded but couldn't install because it said it doesn't run on a 64 bit system, so what do I need to do now?

Any help is much appreciated
Unread 06-11-2010, 11:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=.net+framework+64bit
Unread 06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Haha, that website is awesome.

Anywhoo, as gm9 is pointing out you just need the 64-bit .NET.
Unread 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
A Brown Bear

haha, that was cool, perfect for someone like me who has so many blonde moments lol

cheers for pointing me in the right direction, I would have had no idea where to find that, or even that it existed.
Unread 06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, that didn't actually work. when i downloaded the .net framework thing, it said it was already installed on my computer.

When i click on the EQ2 map updater icon, a box pops up as if it's asking me which programme I want to use to run it. if i don't choose a programme and close the box, it says it failed to launch. Have I somehow downloaded the wrong thing or what???
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by busylizzie1984 View Post
Well, that didn't actually work. when i downloaded the .net framework thing, it said it was already installed on my computer.

When i click on the EQ2 map updater icon, a box pops up as if it's asking me which programme I want to use to run it. if i don't choose a programme and close the box, it says it failed to launch. Have I somehow downloaded the wrong thing or what???
Is it asking you to find everquest2.exe? If it is then that is correct, you then need to browse to it so it knows where to install.
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:14 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Sounds like something went wrong.

Download from here: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html

The downloaded file will be a .zip archive, in which you find an .exe which installs the updater. If that is not the case you may have some kind of AntiVirus program or other security software which is messing with the files, disable it and try again.
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Sounds like something went wrong.

Download from here: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...nOfficial.html

The downloaded file will be a .zip archive, in which you find an .exe which installs the updater. If that is not the case you may have some kind of AntiVirus program or other security software which is messing with the files, disable it and try again.
That's the one I downloaded. How do I find the .exe file, cos i unzip it and then it just installs it.

I've tried typing everquest2.exe into the file open box but it didn't work. am not going to install it again just yet till i get to the bottom of it. I've also turned off my antivirus, it's made no difference
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
That's the one I downloaded. How do I find the .exe file, cos i unzip it and then it just installs it.

I've tried typing everquest2.exe into the file open box but it didn't work. am not going to install it again just yet till i get to the bottom of it. I've also turned off my antivirus, it's made no difference
Depending on how your windows is set up you'll either have to double click the .zip to find the .exe or the .zip will already be shown as a folder, so go in there and run it from there.

PS: Everquest2.exe is the game executable not related to the eq2map updater.
Unread 06-12-2010, 06:51 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Running windows 7 64bit. The file is probably in a hidden directory called 'program data'.
Unread 06-12-2010, 07:51 AM
A Brown Bear

I'm running windows vista, when you click on the file it unzips it and installs it, i check the box 'run EQ2 map updater' and it's still asking me what i want to open it with...i'm sure this is something really simple that i'm just not getting, i'm crap with computers, can turn em on, that's about all lol
Unread 06-12-2010, 12:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

got a question. If its asking you what you want to open it with does it say something about File Type .exe? I know there are some sites that have malicous code that runes the registry data for running programs. This could be the case.

Do a search on restoring .exe there are fixes for it that are simple.

If this isn't the case I have no idea whats going on because it should run as a shortcut on your desktop.
Unread 06-12-2010, 02:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Well, I thought I fixed it, I right-clicked and did properties, then copied and pasted the target, and now this error has come up: Error writing EQ2.ini file, there's loads of stuff after it but it won't let me copy/paste it.

I clicked that, and then it said I need to make a destination folder or something, and then this came up: Error Opening Database File: mscorlib
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at EQ2MAPUpdater.MainWindow.DownloadUpdates()Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2MAP Updater\cache\' is denied.

It's all greek to me, have no idea what it's going on about lol

Last edited by busylizzie1984 : 06-12-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added something in
Unread 06-12-2010, 03:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

you need to run the updater as adminstrator. That error normally pops up when you aren't. Theres 2 ways to fix this. One is to turn off User Account Control by going to Control Panel Users and Accounts and at bottom is UAC and the other is right clicking and selecting properties and checking the box to run as adminstrator.
Unread 06-13-2010, 04:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

Ok, i've turned off User Account Control, does that put my computer at risk in any way?

To run it I had to copy and paste the target like before, seems to be working now, it's updating itself.
Thanks so much for all the help!

Ok, so it's updated itself, now there's a message saying that there was an error trying to launch EQ2, please open EQ2 manually. I'm feeling really dumb now, do I have to have EQ2 up and running before I can get this programme to work???

Last edited by busylizzie1984 : 06-13-2010 at 04:50 AM. Reason: problems, problems
Unread 06-13-2010, 05:54 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

What launcher do you use ?
Station launcher , Streaming or old launcher.

Most likely it has the wrong program folder set for everquest2.

Open Options and press the top browse button and locate your everquest2.exe file.
Unread 06-13-2010, 09:02 AM
A Brown Bear

I'm using the station launcher.

Options? I'm assuming that's when you right click the EQ2 Icon? Plus people in game have said that being as i'm in one of the new zones, i might not see anything because no one has made any maps yet, and as long as it's updated itself (which it has) it's fine.
Unread 06-13-2010, 09:15 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

I don't think you have it right, does the window look like the one on the Download page ?

If you use Station launcher you have to set the paths by your self using the browse button in Options.
The Options im talking about is on the Updater window.

The path normaly is like this:
C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II
Browse there and select everquest2.exe

And to get launch button to work you have to set the second browse button to:
C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Station Launcher\StationLauncher.exe