EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Closed Thread
Unread 01-23-2005, 02:48 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok, it's pending approval. I'm hoping to hear back from Zonx of the Fetish UI; they fixed up most of the freeport city zones and the city map to make them more accurate and I asked them if I could use their modifications. If they say yes, that'll probably warrant the next version update.

Once it's posted read over the _mapinfo.txt readme file and tell me if you (you meaning anyone reading this basically) approve of it. I tried not to step on any toes, but that doesn't mean I didn't.

I'll make a thread in the released forum once the file is approved. I suggest we keep development chat here and leave the released thread for answering questions people have.

Quib
Unread 01-23-2005, 03:15 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

plz put project team on download page! thanks I still say you use that version of WC i made without the filters you added...too fuzy for me
Unread 01-23-2005, 04:03 PM
a hedgehog

found something sucky. in game hit world map, select map, current zone, hide map

current map is all black except for the cursor...map shows up again when you hit World map, current zone
Unread 01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak
Default Regarding the first release, a couple of issues

Regarding the first release, a couple of issues:

Select Map tab:
  • When the city zones are displayed, (Castleview, Starcrest, etc) and you select a map, the icons from the city zone that you are in are still shown, and the map you selected does not function. Icons don't work, buttons can't be pressed. It is as if the city map window is on top of the map you are trying to look at.

This does NOT happen in other SOE-mapped zones such as Antonica.
  • When selecting a map, the fog of your current zone is overlayed on top of the map you are trying to view.

I don't want to lose my fog, though; is there a way to make the maps drawn on top of everything else when they are selected through the select map tab?

Caves:
  • Caves I and Caves II maps don't line up with each other - one walks for a while outside the map while going between these two maps.
  • Also, the Caves II map displays the edges of the map outside the window, so you can't see them.

Antonica:
  • Icon overlays do not appear automatically upon zoning into Antonica. They must be selected from the Select Map tab. Is this possible to be fixed?
  • Icon overlays do not update when moving from Antonica West to Antonica East, without hiding the old ones and selecting the new ones manually. I suspect this is related to the item above.
  • Icon overlays do not create whisp trails as they do in other zones - they do not update the titlebar waypoint box, either.

I am simply noting these issues - I hope that you guys can fix them, but please accept my gratitude once again for all the hard work put in by everyone!!
Unread 01-23-2005, 04:20 PM
A Griffon

Tony, good to know! This information might be helpful with something I wanted to try. Regardless, I'll try and get this fixed.

Killarny, I wasn't aware Select Map worked so poorly within cities, I had only tested it in Antonica/The Commonlands; I revisit this function. The Caves is probably gonna be stuck that way for a while. It'd take a compelte overhaul of that map to "fix" those problems. The Point of Interest overlays are supposed to be selected; I hadn't looked into autoloading them yet, though I suspect I'll be able to; I'll have a definite answer on that next release. Also, there'res no pathfindlocations for the Antonica/Commonlands overlays; that's why they don't draw trails.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 01-23-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Unread 01-23-2005, 08:02 PM
A Griffon

Tony, I couldn't reproduce the bug where the map goes black. What zone were you in?

Ok, the fog was messing with Select Map and blocking stuff, so I got rid of it. There's only 1 little bug left: Upon logging in, you have to open your map (at least once) and zone (at least once) before your arrow will show up on the map.

While in town, Select Map is still messed up; I know how to fix this, it's just a little tedious and I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

My next objective is to get the icon overlays to auto-load.

Could I get a quick "vote" on whether or not it's worth it for the fog to be gone, if it means having to zone once before you can see the location arrow? It doesn't seem fixable, so we might have to deal with it. I for one vote for no fog.

Quib

Attachment: Here's the latest version to play around with. Test the "anti-fog" code and see if you can find any other bugs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_map.zip (31.1 KB, 251 views)
Unread 01-23-2005, 08:35 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

no fog would be fine with me, maybe...not too sure about that...

Last edited by Eloa : 01-23-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Unread 01-23-2005, 11:08 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Tony, I couldn't reproduce the bug where the map goes black. What zone were you in?

Ok, the fog was messing with Select Map and blocking stuff, so I got rid of it. There's only 1 little bug left: Upon logging in, you have to open your map (at least once) and zone (at least once) before your arrow will show up on the map.

While in town, Select Map is still messed up; I know how to fix this, it's just a little tedious and I hadn't gotten around to it yet.

My next objective is to get the icon overlays to auto-load.

Could I get a quick "vote" on whether or not it's worth it for the fog to be gone, if it means having to zone once before you can see the location arrow? It doesn't seem fixable, so we might have to deal with it. I for one vote for no fog.

Quib

Attachment: Here's the latest version to play around with. Test the "anti-fog" code and see if you can find any other bugs.
I don't know if I get to vote, but personally I'd rather not have to zone to get my arrow to show up. Fog I can live with (helps me figure out where I haven't been yet) but the arrow is kinda essential to me.

Edit: interesting note on the arrow thing, I opened the map while loading into the game world (using the chat while zoning mod) and when I loaded in I had an arrow. I quit out and loaded again without opening the map and no arrow.

Interesting note #2: crossing the map change line in Commonlands made the arrow appear.

Last edited by ger : 01-23-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 01-23-2005, 11:36 PM
a hedgehog

when that black out thing happened, i was in Stormhold.

As for the fog, are you saying that the fog shows up over the maps only in town? Or do you mean the hover-over icons? Either way i think the mod should work when you first get in the game, no zone-to-work like some hack hehe.

I vote yes to fog, no to zone once to see arrow
Unread 01-24-2005, 12:30 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quib, I need something from you. I need a layer that is over the map, with an icon on it, any color. This icon does not need to be a button nor clickable. Just a graphical dot. You could use one of those existing colors that arent used yet or make something neat for a quest marker dot, whatever. You have alot more experience with the layout of the workings of the map than I do and you'll know what will and wont mess it up. Thats it. Just a static page where I can call up say StaticPage.QuestDOT.location=69,69. You can even just post the xml code since it shouldnt be that big as long as you tell me where to put it at. Thanks
-eloa
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Crushbone - Cronique

Server: Crushbone
Default Release issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
Regarding the first release, a couple of issues:
*WC 2 does not contain boss room. Jury still out on adding it.

*If you log in to server while in the WC 2 area, map will show WC 1 area until you cross the verticle cross line. Not sure if this can be fixed or not though due to how the switching code is.
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:48 AM
a hedgehog

the WC switching area is that long hallway. Since WC is a two-floor map, you are lucky to have switching at all! It just happens that that part of the map has only one floor, therefore it was used to be the switching point. If the switch point is set just about anywhere else, the map will switch in the middle of both floors, showing the wrong level half the time.
Unread 01-24-2005, 01:49 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

a makeshift started quests xml for those interested in how this will work out
Attached Files
File Type: zip makeshiftEMquests.zip (34.7 KB, 246 views)
Unread 01-24-2005, 02:20 AM
a hedgehog

Eloa, i love how you simply added a page or two to the current map window, as opposed to changing it all around plz keep it like this, as it would be easy to offer a window without it if you felt the quest filesize was too big, or if you just werent a big quester.

Im quite sure it will have a hide button or just make map window resizable.

looks great tho! keep it up. This could be extremely useful on the race quest "The Journey is Half the Fun", hehe lots of races against the clock in that one

(not trying to combine threads with this addon, then this one would be 10 times more hectic, lol)
Unread 01-24-2005, 02:32 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Actually it already has a hide/dehide button. Delete the default WC_helpbutton and make one of the QM<not sure what theyre called> buttons visible...voila, hide/unhide
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:26 AM
A Griffon

Sorry, I was gone for a while this evening. Eloa, if you hadn't solved it yet, in your EM_eq2ui_mainhud_map_quests.xml file, you can simply add a page layer around your current top level page object that reaches out over the map. As long as it has AbsorbsInput="false" as a property, it shouldn't interfere with any other parts of the map. I'll do a test, make sure this is true and get you some sample code by tomorrow afternoon (this would basically give you the ability to place stuff anywhere in the map window without interfering with the map).

Also, enough of you dislike the "anti-fog" so I'll scrap that project. I may still do up a side map xml that doesn't show fog, icons or the loc arrow so we can get screenshots of the encrypted maps (antonica, commonlands, nektulos, etc.).

Quib
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:35 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Sounds good, I'll try it out
Unread 01-24-2005, 04:26 AM
a hedgehog

ive already got SS's of those maps...found a way to move the map outside of the fog in game a long time ago
Unread 01-24-2005, 06:21 AM
a hedgehog

heres the "points of interest" for Thundering Steppes
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_map_ts.zip (33.3 KB, 277 views)
Unread 01-24-2005, 10:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

everyone is working hard while I'm hardly working, but whats new.

I haven't had a chance to get the relased version but I will tonight, and even before then I'll be passing it around to my guildmates. thanks to everyone that helped make this happen.
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
a hedgehog

i made a map of firemyst gully just now...but got kicked out before i could get a zonerect....any of you have it?? im assuming not...which means i have to wait 7 hours to go to NSEW spots again, hehe. Thats ok, i got a map so i can see clearly what the furthest loc is....mebbe my program will let me select that indvidual coord, doubt it tho.
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:38 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Thanks for all your work Tony, Quib, Eola, and Taco for making this thing happen!
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:40 PM
a hedgehog

will someone plz do me a favor?

download the attached and go to firemyst gully...

then go to the furthest spot North and take a screenshot with the map up.

Then go to South, east, and west.

and maybe up in a corner of one of those gates that are shown on the map. I need this so i can position/size the map to the correct location.

i would do it myself buuuuut i got booted out while in FMG, i cant go back in for 7 hours, boohoo! so yea someone plz help me out so i can get it right!

thanks!

EDIT: finished it myself

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-26-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Unread 01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
A Griffon

Need some basic bug checking done on this (like does it load?). Can't get in the game for a bit because my server is one of the one's that's down due to server transfers. Select Map still has some issues if you click World/City/Current while in the Select Map menu. I have a fix for this, but it's not included in the xml in the zip.

Added Tony's TS icons, Zonx's fine-tuned Freeport icons and hoefully fixed layering issues when using Select Map in town.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: zip map_rev_3_1.zip (35.9 KB, 263 views)
Unread 01-24-2005, 04:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

Will do when permafrost comes up, dont' know if it'll be much help then tho /
Closed Thread