EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 06-24-2014, 04:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Broken "Inspect" item

Just logged into Live and was inspecting some equipment. Looks like there was some changes to the "Inspect" item interface and now inspect window is showing this:

I posted to the official forums and a Dev said it was because of the custom UI.

Aldorn 95 Illy / Butcherblock
Unread 06-24-2014, 05:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default Confirmation

I can confirm this problem but it only happens when you examine an item...Mousing over it in inventory or on a person (in inspect player) does NOT do it.

Avaloc Ironheart
83 Barbarian Paladin
95 Armorer
Guild Leader: Templars Of Steel
Butcherblock Server
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

An old guildie let me know about this. I'll do my best to update the patcher with some recent requests/fixes and this update. I'm a few patches behind on even opening EQ2, so apologies again for not being able to keep things updated.
Unread 06-24-2014, 11:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks Drumstix42,

Wish there was something I could do to help! So many people use your UI
and most of us would be lost without it!

Aldorn 95 Illy / Butcherblock
Unread 06-25-2014, 03:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

Thanks Man your Awesome

Avaloc
Unread 06-25-2014, 09:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Planning on a Friday/Saturday update schedule, as that's when I have time to try to fix some things and make updates for the last couple patches to default UI changes.
Unread 06-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Few guildies that use Drums requested a fixed version of the examine and it's a simple fix so here it is. Haven't tested it, but it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_examine.xml (62.4 KB, 464 views)
Unread 06-26-2014, 10:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks much. I'll be testing it tomorrow, but I'm sure it works. Visually it looked like a simple change.
Unread 06-27-2014, 05:01 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

That updated examine file seems to work fine. The Examine window looks correct now and I can see my adornments. I haven't actually tried applying adornments to the specific slots but I could see my existing one. Thanks for that update lordebon.
Unread 06-27-2014, 05:46 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

No problem. The game handles the adorns with hardcoding (heck, most of that window's structure is hard-coding), so it was just a matter of copying the updated volumepage (and the newly added duplicate one) from default into the custom UI's examine.
Unread 06-28-2014, 02:20 PM
A Griffon

FYI: The file Lordebon has linked works perfectly, the file via Drums Updater however does not work. The difference between the two is only hours, so not sure why the updater file is kaput. I reinstalled Lordebon's file.

Just a heads up.
Unread 06-28-2014, 06:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
FYI: The file Lordebon has linked works perfectly, the file via Drums Updater however does not work. The difference between the two is only hours, so not sure why the updater file is kaput. I reinstalled Lordebon's file.

Just a heads up.
I haven't updated anything on the Updater.
Unread 06-29-2014, 09:02 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I haven't updated anything on the Updater.
Hmm that's really odd. Since the adorn viewing issue began and prior to entering the game I would usually run your updater. Mostly likely an anomaly on my end then, perhaps the file changed in some way and your updater recognized it as different and needing updating. Any way thanks for all of your hard work despite your RL time constraint.

Last edited by Accredo : 06-29-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Unread 06-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

If you'd overwrote the old file with the one from this thread and then later ran the updater, it's possible that the updater set the modified date to the then-current time (or something similar) even though the file hadn't actually been changed. Windows in general is really bad about properly preserving file metadata, at least in ways that folks normally would think it should. In this case I'd be surprised if the updater is actually modifying the file in a traditional sense and instead is just creating / overwriting the existing, giving the potential for that timestamp weirdness.
Unread 06-29-2014, 04:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Either way, things have been updated now