EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 05-22-2010, 11:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default I can't get eqmaps to work

First let me state that I am not a computer person. I know enough to comprehend simple clear directions, such as, (click the accept button after you type in such and such) but as knowledge in computers and how they work, it's not my thing. Or as I told a tech support person, "Consider me like your grandma, not the cool Harley Davidson riding grandma who could have invented the Apple but chose to stay home and have kids, but the other grandma who majored in home economics in 1971, and makes great chocolate chip cookies but calls you on her landline to ask you how to call you from her cell phone." In other words, don't assume I just have computer common knowledge like most people do in this game. And, I do make a mean batch of Oatmeal Cherry Chocolate chip cookies.

So here is my issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded EQMaps, it updates, and when I log into the game, the maps don't change. I read common problems file, and I am educating a guess that either I didn't put it in the ini.directory(hope that is right) or that my EQ path, (where in the Updater window you select Options/Browse/choose the path the launcher is opening?/loading? in). If someone would be so kind as to tell me if my semi-educated(assuming it's semi-educated, I could be wrong!) guess is correct I would appreciate it.

Now, I tried to create/put EQMaps into an ini directory and I so failed on that. I either don't know or more likely don't understand how to create or find the ini directory. I searched all over my computer for it, and I can't find one.

Next, I tried to change the whole where eqmaps launches(apologize if I am using the wrong jargon here) in the Options/Browse window. I followed the instructions for "when the maps don't change". and found that where my newer version Station Launcher is launching from. I clicked on browse(top one) in EQMaps, and it won't let me select or find the path the Launcher takes.

It's kind of frustrating, okay a LOT frustrating! and I would so appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Please ask if you need more clarification on my long-winded explanation. I would really be grateful. I had eqmaps working but had to reinstall Sony Launcher the yesterday to the newer version, because well...let's just say I am not pleased with SOE tech support.

Thank you in advance, and I do appreciate it.
Unread 05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royan View Post
Next, I tried to change the whole where eqmaps launches(apologize if I am using the wrong jargon here) in the Options/Browse window. I followed the instructions for "when the maps don't change". and found that where my newer version Station Launcher is launching from. I clicked on browse(top one) in EQMaps, and it won't let me select or find the path the Launcher takes.
You'll have to go to control panel > folder options and click the option to show hidden files. Then you should be able to see the folder your new launcher is in.
Unread 05-22-2010, 07:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Thank you for replying.

I did that all ready, I still can't change where eqmaps is pointing too.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.