Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-06-2006, 03:56 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomage
I love InfoCenter, great mod and I find myself using it alot. However I do have one issue that may not even be related to Infocenter itself as much as to my EQ2map setup: All the quests etc in InfoCenter only give 2 coordinates for locations, which means I can't make a way point or anything in EQ2map, as it uses 3 coordinates. I also notice that some of the locations given have the first 2 coordinates, or 1 & 3, but not the 2nd (1,2,3 for example may look like 1,2 or 1,3 in the quest lists) Was wondering if I was the only one with this issue. I have Infocenter, Eq2map, and Milquetowst Clock & Compass as my only UI add ins. Again Love the Infocenter, please keep up the good work.
Normally with a 2 coordinate /loc the numbers are the 1st and the 3rd numbers. Add a 0 in place of the 2nd coord. so a loc of 10, 20 should actually be 10, 0, 20 ingame (or on the eq2map)
If you do find one that is the 1st and 2nd numbers that loc would be totally useless. The second number in SOE's /loc system is the height location. Some of the writeups come from early in the game when people didnt understand the SOE coordinate system properly. Real-world convention is for the z axis to be the 3rd number so people tended to get mixed up and just write up the 1st 2 numbers.

Anyway, if you find a useless /loc in the Infocenter, your best bet is to mention it here along with the correct /loc and im sure DBurgdorf will fix it when he gets a chance.
Unread 12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

The CoinWeight, MiniStats & Nightvision references all come from the InfoCenter journals.xml file and can be ignored. They are there just in case you have those mods installed. If you don't you will get the ui error but it doesn't negatively affect anything. The other errors are not from InfoCenter the best I can tell, except for the last one of course.

Since you uninstalled IC I would:

1. delete the UI.log file
2. log-in & log-out
3. Make a copy of the new UI.log & delete it from the everquest directory
4. install IC
5. log-in & log-out
6. compare the new UI.log with the one that you made a copy of in step 3

Post both logs here for reference.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 12-06-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Unread 12-06-2006, 10:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomage
All the quests etc in InfoCenter only give 2 coordinates for locations....
As Liandra already pointed out, locs in the Info Center simply leave out the middle (altitude) number. You can create waypoints by inserting a 0 (or anything else, for that matter) in the middle position.

As to the "why," well, it really boils down to me hating inconsistency. Early on, some of the walk-thrus and other info sources I utilized used three-digit locs, but others used only two-digit locs. So I chose to make *every* loc in the Info Center two-digit. Similarly, some rounded the numbers, while others included decimals; I chose to round all the numbers.

Granted, there are times when knowing the altitude is useful, but those times are rather few and far between. Typically, so long as you know the X and Y coordinates, you can find what you're after.

-- Darryl
Unread 12-07-2006, 06:21 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
From your posted error log, its clear you were in fact running a StartButton mod not a part of InfoCenter. Based on this file reference "eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml" I'm guessing Goldi's ComandCenter or some dirivitive of it.
Don't have any StartButton mods, never seen the need for them, and as I said, the ONLY change I made between having working mods and having none work was updating to the 11/23 release of the InfoCenter.

Based on what you said, I redownloaded the InfoCenter to check the files - the eq2ui_journals.xml file included with the InfoCenter has the following lines, none of which refer to xml files I have:

Code:
<include>eq2ui_journals_coinweight.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_journals_nightvision.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_journals_ministats.xml</include>
I removed first the one you referred to (coinweight), then all three, got my UIs back. Thanks for the help!
Unread 12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Oh my mistake Lodrelhai, it looks like DBurgdorf included a version of eq2ui_journals.xml that contains extra includes he uses personally.

Bad DBurgdorf
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:42 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Oh my mistake Lodrelhai, it looks like DBurgdorf included a version of eq2ui_journals.xml that contains extra includes he uses personally. Bad DBurgdorf
The "eq2ui_journals.xml" file included with the Info Center has *always* referenced those other files. (Two of the three are available for download here; however, the "nightvision" button never seemed worth the bother to make available.) As "FloridaFringe" already pointed out, though, if you *don't* have those files, the only impact is that you get a line in your error log. There's no effect whatsoever in the game itself.

-- Darryl
Unread 12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Weird... I swear the only thing I did was reinstall the InfoCenter and take those lines out of the eq2ui_journals.xml file, and I got all my UIs back again. Once I confirmed that, I put back in the notes files I'd customized and the updates I'd done for the TIWIKE - everything still worked.

Maybe I screwed up something intermittently.
Unread 12-08-2006, 04:39 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Correction

Got a correction for you Darryl- The Qeynos tier 5 writ "Whistling In The Shadows" is for sootfoot harvesters rather than the Bitterwind Pioneers you have currently listed, and the T5 writ "Nicks and Scratches" is for Sootfoot Rockpickers rather than the Sootfoot Peons you have listed, and both T5 writs "No Stranger to Enmity" and "Second Generation Gatherers" are both for Ice Wolves.

Thanks for your hard work!

edit for typos

Last edited by Punch : 12-08-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Unread 12-08-2006, 06:03 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Yah if the client can't find the files, it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you did happen to have old versions of those files, they very well could have caused issues.
Unread 12-10-2006, 09:12 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Not sure if the addition of these would make any difference considering the vast amount of information already provided but I figured it couldn't hurt to point them out.

Sesketh's Guild Status Point Loot Guide

Updated Mount Guide

More Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier

How to dress for success: an equipment upgrade guide

Anyways, might be worth at least looking into to see if any of them would be good enough to include in a future update.

Best of luck and thanks for such an excellent mod.
Unread 12-11-2006, 02:38 AM
A Grassland Beetle

The More Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier thread is in the InfoCenter, as the updated TIWIKE in the Misc section.
Unread 12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
A Griffon

OK, it's (past) time for another update.

There are a number of tweaks in this one, including a modded EQ2 button menu (courtesy of Arremis), but not much of major huge import.

I *will* get walk-thrus for the rest of the new signature and heritage quests added in the relatively near future. Life's been busy, though, and frankly, when I *have* been doing game-related stuff, I've been having too much fun playing my new fae swashbuckler to do much modding work. :P

-- Darryl
Unread 12-30-2006, 07:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test
Smile In Honor and Service HQ.

Just did this HQ and have updated the info in your infocenter. Have uploaded the updated file.

Enjoy.

Turzen
Attached Files
File Type: txt eofhq1.txt (5.0 KB, 281 views)
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
A Griffon

Well, as of today, the Info Center's a year old! Happy Birthday!

Oh, and it's been updated again.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-05-2007, 03:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
Well, as of today, the Info Center's a year old! Happy Birthday!

Oh, and it's been updated again.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)

Wow.. time flies... Happy BDay.. hehehehe.
Unread 01-09-2007, 06:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Coercer Pets

A great new addition would be Coercer Pets Section, to help Coercers stay uber in all zones ^_~~

Here is a link to the info:
http://www.eq2i.com/articles/Coercer_Pets
Unread 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

wow DBurgdorf i never realized how hard it is to do the stuff that you did to make this window, im impressed.

hinton and i are making a ultimate guild window..pretty much has anything related to guild...and we used your (HQ tab, Writs, and a couple other guild related stuff[we have credits for you, number 1 on credits]. I've done a couple tabs and doing all xml and stuff to configure for the guild window is hard....

now i know how u feel w/ xml and what not....im nub at it though...but it's hard

great work man, hard work... KEEP IT UP!!!
Unread 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
A Grove Wisp

First off, Happy Anniversary!! It's been a wonderful modification and I encourage all my friends to use it. For that, I thank you.

I would like to request an update that the window "remember" where I was scrolled down to last when I minimize and then re-open.

Much of the quest information that I use requires a good amount of scrolling down to find which step I am on and if I leave it scrolled down, then minimize, then re-open the text is positioned back to the top...causing me to then scroll again.

Often I am reading this while I am running...and scrolling has caused me a few kamikazees off cliffs.
Unread 01-14-2007, 06:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by modesta
I would like to request an update that the window "remember" where I was scrolled down to last when I minimize and then re-open.
I agree that would be an absolutely wonderful thing. And if and when it becomes possible to do so, I'll be sure to make the Info Center act that way.

(Unfortunately, the behavior in question isn't something that can be modified.)

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 01-27-2007, 12:27 PM
A Griffawn

Question MoA Quest Line Info?

Hello,

1st off I must say that this is a great mod... kudos Keep up the great work with it.

2 things:
1) When do you think they'll be info for the MoA quest line?
2) Is there a way to allow us to edit the Notes and button lables while in game?
Unread 01-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeromier
2) Is there a way to allow us to edit the Notes and button lables while in game?
Pretty sure that's a no. Theres no ability to write to txt files in game. You might be able to window EQ2 and edit the files manually, but not sure when or even if that would change it until you either zoned or completely quit and logged back in.
Unread 01-27-2007, 04:03 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon
Pretty sure that's a no. Theres no ability to write to txt files in game. You might be able to window EQ2 and edit the files manually, but not sure when or even if that would change it until you either zoned or completely quit and logged back in.
Actually, that's not true. If you look at this http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3682 you will see that someone has actually figured out how to provide a mod to allow you to do exactly that, so it is obviously possible.

If the Notes mod was integrated into the Info Center, then it would be possible to keep notes from within the game.
Unread 01-27-2007, 06:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbad
Actually, that's not true....
Actually, it IS true. If you look closely at the mod you cited, you'll see that it does exactly what the Info Center does. It displays text files, the content of which has to be edited OUT OF THE GAME. (That mod has you create text files, then run a separate program to convert them to XML files, rather than just simply creating text files as the Info Center does. But the editing still has to be done outside of the game.)

With the exception of a few special cases which unfortunately can't be generalized (such as the "biography" section of the persona window), there is no way to edit text information from within the game.

And even if you edited the notes files with a text editor while the game was running, the updated content wouldn't show up in the game until you restarted it, as all UI files are loaded into memory when the game is initialized and aren't reread from your hard drive during play. (Well, using "/loadui" might force an update, but we all know just how well *that* command works....)

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 01-27-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Unread 01-30-2007, 10:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Love it :)

Absolutely excellent mod, any chance we can see support for other tradeskills such as Jewelcrafting and Tailor for example at some point? Thanks!
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:21 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

if u need any help big DB ill help ya..

I have a lot of free time now so I can gather info for you or whatever and help ya because this mod helped me a bunch, so i wanna pay ya back.

if u need any help hit me up

-drago