EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-01-2006, 09:18 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Profit Reborn and Nizara Crashes

Hi, I recently went thru a Nizara run both this weekend and last weekend. Last weekend, I went in with my usual UI and consistantly went linkdead over and over and over again. First I looked up if there was a bug with this zone in the "Zone and Population" thread on the EQII forums and was able to find one... so I thought maybe it was just because the zone was just "bugged". It was painful though as I kept going linkdead over and over again and my poor guildmates had to wait each time or die each time thanks to my LD's. Anyways... I went again this weekend hoping that maybe it got fixed. Within zoning into the zone, I went linkdead AGAIN... I tried 4 more times, linkdead 4 more times. Suddenly it dawned on me that, hey my husband didn't go linkdead at all last weekend when we did this and he uses Default UI... so after my last linkdeath, I just deleted my Profit folder and loaded normally. After that, I did not go linkdead the rest of the night. Just a warning. :/ I love this UI and I cannot stand it when I have to use Default... but for that zone I need to. Once I left though, I quickly restored my Profit folder. Please find out what is going on and fix it cause really love this UI.
Unread 10-01-2006, 09:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

First off, there is a separate support thread for the UI, this forum section is for SOE's bugs.

Then, does going linkdead mean that your game crashed? Or where you booted to the login screen?

I do not have the TFD pack, so I cannot currently test it, but I had no problem zoning into Nizara during beta using ProfitUI. This is the first I hear of a problem as well. Not to say it isn't there, but maybe someone can confirm going linkdead because of ProfitUI. Not sure what the cause could be in that case, however.
Unread 10-01-2006, 11:47 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

I think it has to do with a file in your EQ2 folder. I use Profit aswell and the last time I went into Nizara I was fine.
Unread 10-01-2006, 12:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

This is actually a zone issue, not a profit one. If you seach the Sony forums you'll find a thread called something like 'Nizara, City of Linkdeads' or close to that. Some devs have responded, also.

I haven't followed up on the thread lately, but I do know some progress was being made on tracking down the causes of the LD's. Other people in my guild have this same problem, and they don't use Profit, btw.