EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Md4 View Post
very nice changes and updates!

but i dislike the small grab squares. i use very small hotbars and the small square overlaps half of the button to the far right and make it hard to hit.

i think its not a good idea to add a toggle to the hotbar options window to toggle it on and off for each hotbar. possible to get a toggle to the player cure settings window? or in status bar settings window?

ofcourse i like it to drag around the bars but i dislike it if i dont need to move the bars and mouse over happens to often.

greetings
N1Md4
Since the timers (text) is the main feature of my hotbar, and they show when frames are turned on for the window.... Maybe I can make it so when you hide frames it shows the drag handle. Otherwise they're always off. I could toy with that idea.

I mainly use my keyboard for casting, and my clicking hotbars aren't overly tiny. So it's something I didn't experience when testing.
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

New release: Version 1.10

Update Log:
v1.10 - 2010.05.03
- Reverted the group and raid windows from the r1-r24,g1-g6 commandline casting. Your tells and chat text should be normal again.

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.9 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 06-24-2010 at 06:09 AM.
Unread 05-04-2010, 02:41 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Since the timers (text) is the main feature of my hotbar, and they show when frames are turned on for the window.... Maybe I can make it so when you hide frames it shows the drag handle. Otherwise they're always off. I could toy with that idea.

I mainly use my keyboard for casting, and my clicking hotbars aren't overly tiny. So it's something I didn't experience when testing.
good thing! could live with.

i use 8 hotbars and control 3 with keyb and 4 with mouse and 1 i have for rare used stuff and buffs... but i still have some stuff on the last spot of each hotbar and its a bit blocking my clicks

ty for your work! great job and great UI!
Unread 05-08-2010, 12:09 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
New release: Version 1.9

Update Log:
v1.9 - 2010.05.02
[color="Silver"]- New: Player window options window now has a toggle for Smart Curing
- New: Group window options now has a toggle for "self" (F1) for normal and with-Pet versions.
I must be missing something. I used the updater to get the latest version, and show the F text as follow buttons, however I cannot find this toggle to remove "Self" from the group window.
Unread 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The checkbox for toggling yourself is in the Group Options popup settings window.
Unread 05-09-2010, 10:30 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
The checkbox for toggling yourself is in the Group Options popup settings window.
I found it. Ended up the files from the DrumsUI Updater went into a different directory than my active UI. So I wasn't actually seeing the latest version.
Unread 05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
A Grassland Beetle

The new group window is fantastic, thank you for adding the recent changes, sir!

Now if only the target frame matched the player frame!
Unread 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Now if only the target frame matched the player frame!
In due time, in due time!
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:08 PM
A Grassland Beetle

SO, I've been hacking and slashing my way through the process of matching the target/implied to the player frame and noticed that something goes wonky with frame widths when you change the con.

With bars the exact same size (between implied and target), upon login the implied window is too short, i change cons and the frame becomes too long. Then if I change it back to the original con (so from 1 to 0 to 1 again) the frame and bars is the perfect size, aka the one I have set in the xml.

It's a sloppy change, I didn't know how to put a border around the bars like the player frame so I created a faux border by making the bar slightly smaller than the bar background and changed the color of the background to black. Here's a preview of the frames so far though - still not finished the implied target, but trying to figure out why the frame size is odd based on con.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3681/eq2000340.jpg

Last edited by Qupe : 06-15-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 06-16-2010, 01:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

There's some strange hard coding going on in the target/implied windows with the con modes and I don't know why. It's been there for quite a long time. Best way to counter act it is using the OnSize property to set things up constantly back to the way they should be.

I assure you I'll get to these windows soon and release them. Seems like I'm always having free time taken up by unexpected events in RL and such!
Unread 06-16-2010, 02:09 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
There's some strange hard coding going on in the target/implied windows with the con modes and I don't know why. It's been there for quite a long time. Best way to counter act it is using the OnSize property to set things up constantly back to the way they should be.

I assure you I'll get to these windows soon and release them. Seems like I'm always having free time taken up by unexpected events in RL and such!
What you just said is like me reading russian without a way to translate it. Honestly, I'm just opening the windows up in the UI builder changing the size, style, and location of whatever element Im messing with then restarting my client about 100 times after every change to see what I broke. I was able to get them to look how I want them without having to change cons 3 times. I also don't use multiple cons so I'm considering just removing the option to change cons.

There's no hurry on your official release of matching frames, its nothing but aesthetics. I'm also just messing around seeing what I can break and fix in a feeble attempt to try and teach myself a tiny amount of xml.

Edit: Also, once i get these how I'd like them I'd want to push them out with my interface, let me know if you'd rather I wait for a finalized release of your frames instead - since they're credited as your work anyway.

Last edited by Qupe : 06-16-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Unread 06-16-2010, 04:56 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qupe View Post
Honestly, I'm just opening the windows up in the UI builder changing the size, style, and location of whatever element Im messing with then restarting my client about 100 times after every change to see what I broke.
Sounds about right, but there's usually also a lot of scripting going on to keep things in place. UI scripting basically takes events (when things happen, do stuff) to execute batches of code. You can use this as Drums said above, to realign frames after a resize, or do much fancier stuff, as is demonstrated with c2c, for example. There's hardly any documentation I'm aware of. Best way to learn is to look at other people's scripts. You probably need a background in programming to understand some of it, but asking on these boards is free
Unread 06-24-2010, 06:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.11

Update Log:
v1.10 - 2010.05.03
- Update: Target/Implied windows have been updated with a style closer matching the player/group windows. (con_version1 should *hopefully* no longer occasionally cut off part of the target window)
- Update: The battlegrounds icon gem in the topright corner of the player window has been made slightly smaller.
- Fix: The storyline tab in the Journal window should no longer be displaying placeholder/incorrect text.

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.10 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons

-------------------------------------------

I'm looking for feedback on both the update on the Target/Implied windows new look, and if anyone still is experiencing the problem where the Target window gets part way cut off in con_version1.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 06-24-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Unread 06-26-2010, 04:45 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Getting some odd coloring happening to the Implied targer's HP percentage number:

It will randomly turn dark (which I assume is the hp background color?), and I'll be able to fix it 99% of the time by de-targeting and re-targeting.

Also, was wondering if I go ahead and slap a "UserResizable="true"" tag into the target/implied would I be able to change the width of the frames in game or would I have to edit the frames to be wider via the xml files?

Thank you soooo much for matching the frames - con changing seems to be working perfectly as well, no size changes.
Unread 06-26-2010, 05:18 AM
A Sea Turtle

i noticed the color change of percentage too.

and i still would like to turn off the drag square on hotbars. its annoying for me.
either a toggle or doit only show if border active or something like this.

greetings Nimda
Unread 06-26-2010, 11:49 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I recently noticed the implied target % color, too. It's something I couldn't test solo when messing with it originally. I'll fix this up. I should be able to make the target/implied sizable now, but it would take more than a simple property because I don't think I have the PackSizes set in the objects.

So short answer: no, I'd have to update the code a little bit more to make them horizontally resizable.

As for the hotbar, I'm thinking of only showing it when frames are OFF. Since the only thing really much different from default hotbars are the number overlay/bar overlay, I would think having the frames turned off would be the least likely setup to have.

Lemme know.
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:25 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2 Maps Icons

After installing Drums UI, I noticed my map icons changed and the list button in the map screen no longer removes the list once clicked a second time.

On review of the EQ2Maps updater it seems some how Drums UI put some files on "ignore"
_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml is on IgnoreList, not updated.
eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml is on IgnoreList, not updated.

Is there a way to restore the regular EQ2 Maps Icons?
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

*Note: Included are some slightly edited map icons (originally created by gurkoz) and the skinnable map POI file. Feel free to remove the files from the "images" folder, "images/icons" folder and the "eq2map2/_Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml" file to return to default.

Or, remove the file: eq2map_ignorelist.xml from your DrumsUI folder.

Both steps can be taken, and both might be required.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:51 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I recommend deleting your old DrumsUI install if you're installing manually. Make sure to backup your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml however.

If any of your submitted request/suggestions didn't make this release, I apologize. It took a lot of work getting this all completed and updating all 20 individual zip files!

New release: Version 1.12

Update Log:
v1.12 - 2010.08.18
- New: Persona window total overhaul/update for GU57. Similar layout to the DrumsUI inventory window, but with slightly smaller icons. Stat layout has changed slightly, but is close to the old persona window
- New: on the Compass, click zone area name to toggle your location
- New: Guild window's experience bar shortened and added Rally Flag and Members Online to the bottom of the window to be visible on any tab
- Update: updated Casting window style. You can now click the casting bar to cancel spellcasting. Click & drag on the spell name to move the window
- Update: examine windows slightly tweaked for spacing. Examing effects expands long data details (instead of showing a small scroll area)
- Update: changed the color of the effect names text in the Maintained window to be less dark. This window does not yet support the right click "Show/hide text" integrated with GU57
- Update: by user request, the highlight color on the Tradeskill window's recipe list has been brightened up
- Fix: bank's Toggle Bank Bags button tooltip corrected
- Fix: "Avoidance" is now spelled correctly in the Stat Bar setting window
- Fix: pressing the browser's minimize button now takes focus off the window, allowing movement & other controls to be responsive
- Fix: the Prepare step of crafting is no longer automatically skipped. Until SOE takes another look at the tradeskill window, normal and comissioned crafting have too a high of a chance of bugging users out. Hopefully this change helps stop any more problems.
- Fix: compass heading-orientation is now fixed
- Fix: tweaked bag's close button & drag handle to cover slighty less of the icons they overlay
- Fix: Implied Target's health percentage color should be acting normal again
- Fix: Item currency icons in the Mechant window should no longer cover coin costs in the selection list. Also updated the window to support GU57's station cash items.

(If you had any saved from 1.11 or previous)

Unread 08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
A Coastal Crab

Thank you for updating this so quickly Drumstix. I have been using your UI for quite some time now and I greatly appreciate your effort.
Unread 08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Since the GU57 update I was getting an additional label for Rally Flag and Online in the middle of the guild window (on any tab).

I fixed it by removing lines 44-47 from eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml.
Unread 08-18-2010, 01:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

What files am I ignoring thats causing my Spell editor to show POI window instead of the edititor when I click edit on a button?
Unread 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM
A Sea Turtle

mainhud maintained window not compatible ? got message its not.

i used the right side aligned version btw.

the default one is working
Unread 08-18-2010, 02:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My goal is to use most of the Default UI, but add in Drum's Group and Raid window and I'm not having much luck figuring that out.
Unread 08-18-2010, 04:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Stat Bar at bottom of screen

Hey there love the UI and thanks for staying up to date with it each time. I just had 1 question. I keep losing the stat bar at the bottom of the screen what is the command to get it back?