EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default .dds files - help please!!

Hey all -

I'm kinda a total newb to all this UI stuff - I have always left it for the rest to do and I have appreciated the outcomes! = However, I want to be able to edit my own background colors for the UI pieces that I download. I know they are all >dds files - was told by Milqueowst (hope I didnt dmg the name too much lol) that he uses an old version of Photoshop. I have photoshop 5.0 and downloaded the plugin for this - however I am unable to open the files or anything.

How do I use the plug in? or is my version of Photoshop just too old to use the plugin? Photoshop is so expensive that I don't want to upgrade it, and quite frankly, can't really afford to! So how do I open up the dds files with photoshop using the nvidia plugin?

Thanks in advance for any help I can get in using this plugin! or any advice

~Vamp
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodriguezzz
I have photoshop 5.0 and downloaded the plugin for this - however I am unable to open the files or anything.
Well, that's the same version of Photoshop that I use, so while I don't know what your problem might be, I can state with fair confidence that it *isn't* the version of Photoshop you're using.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:05 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you just have to put the plug-in in the plug-in directory i know on Photoshop 7.0 its "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Plug-Ins\Adobe ImageReady Only\File Formats\"
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
Well, that's the same version of Photoshop that I use, so while I don't know what your problem might be, I can state with fair confidence that it *isn't* the version of Photoshop you're using.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)
so glad to hear it! So do you just open the dds file with photoshop? cause my photoshop isn't recognizing the files... I'm wondering if its not installed properly... but it was a self install exe.... Is there a good place to get the photoshop plugins? I haven't played with photshop for about 4 years now been a bit out of it and would really like to get back into it.

Thanks for all your help and sorry for the mispell of yer name!

~Vamp
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu
you just have to put the plug-in in the plug-in directory i know on Photoshop 7.0 its "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Plug-Ins\Adobe ImageReady Only\File Formats\"
hmm so the dds file extension is supposed to be listed under file formats? I looked in mine, and its not there... I wonder where the heck it put it... lol Milque - where did yours get installed at? sorry for the trouble =( I love Milquetowst's UI mods but wanna change the colors. lolz so much work for simple color change yes, I'm pathetic! but this is a good learning experience and the easiest way for me to start back into stuff and learning about photoshop.

thanks guys -
~Vamp
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

You have to down load the .dds plugin. You then put that .dds plugin into one of the plugin directories in the photoshop directory. Look in each one and find the ones that has the same extention and put it there.
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:42 PM
A Brown Bear

WOOT! Thanks for your help guys! =) After reading your posts, I did some more searches and found a thread about this on EQInterface forums with a zip file - apparently the self installation wasnt putting the extension where it was supposed to go. SO! I can now open dds files up in photshop!

Thanks so much for your help!!! Now to just play with it some hehee

~Vamp
PS... Just in case - this page also lists some other tools that are useful - atleast thats what the post says - I havent checked everything out yet tho. http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=15368