EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Wish List

Unread 03-06-2008, 12:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default Custom Window loading

Adding a eq2ui_custom.xml was a nice step in the direction for including external custom files and windows. For the most part it just cuts down in compatibility issues with game updates, as compared to including in default files.

However, I'd still love to see a way to show custom windows, without having to include code in default windows.

The only ideas I would really have by this would be to have some type of property in the top level page of a window, that would set it to show on loading. Or at least the possiblity of loading.

In other words, a property that would be called upon parsing the window.

onParse='visible=true' or onParse='show_window Custom.WindowName'

edit:
as gm9 suggested, a "ShowOnLoad" boolean value would rock

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-06-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Unread 03-06-2008, 12:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

/signed

Making window loading self-sufficient in the way it is done for default UI windows would be quite helpful as it would allow UI elements to completely reside within the Custom tree and still show automatically. A simple tag on the window's root page like ShowOnLoad would be enough, further scripting can be done via the OnShow event.

Additionally, I'm running into lag problems with my SubclassDetection on slow systems when triggered right upon UI load, so a LoadDelayed property to load a window only after everything else has been initialized would be sweet.
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
A simple tag on the window's root page like ShowOnLoad would be enough, further scripting can be done via the OnShow event.
Agreed.
Unread 04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to abbelyn Send a message via AIM to abbelyn Send a message via MSN to abbelyn Send a message via Yahoo to abbelyn

Count me in for this as well, I have my custom windows set via OnShow right now, but some of the OnShow links from one window to another don't seem to want to work (conflicts I think, still looking into it).
Unread 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn View Post
Count me in for this as well, I have my custom windows set via OnShow right now, but some of the OnShow links from one window to another don't seem to want to work (conflicts I think, still looking into it).
OnShow/OnHide event processing does not work on all windows upon login, it is best to use those containing DynamicData, that seems to load a bit later and thus trigger the event reliably. For others, even if it appears to work for you, it might not work for all of your users (basically the lag issues I mentioned above). I did some "field tests" on that a while ago using my updater users as guinea pigs. Triggering via the experience window works best it appears, at least for my UI.
Unread 04-15-2008, 07:44 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to abbelyn Send a message via AIM to abbelyn Send a message via MSN to abbelyn Send a message via Yahoo to abbelyn

Aye, have been using the Experience window
Unread 12-05-2008, 07:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

While Rothgar has got that loving feeling towards us I'll shamelessly /bump this and will point out that there are other good requests in this forum too.
Unread 12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Yeah definitely. We need more event trigger functions.