EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default [DrumsUI] Updater

[DrumsUI] DrumsUI Updater - Support Thread

This topic is for all things related to the DrumsUI Updater.

Drumstix42 no longer is the active developer on this UI. Blackhood has mainly taken over the updates with contributions from others. The Updater has been updated with Blackhood's changes as of Apr 1, 2018.
Please see this topic for their notes and changes:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18226

-

Download the updater here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4965

Please refer to this FAQ page for installation information and configuration:
http://drumstix42.eq2interface.com/p...a=faq&faqid=96

-

If you would like a higher resolution icon for your shorcut, use this:
http://advancedmod.com/DrumsUI/Updater_Icon_48x48.ico

Preview:

For any further support, please post in this or Blackhood's sticky!

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-01-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

New release: Version 1.6 is live on the Updater

Update Log:
v1.6 - 2010.02.25
- Update: Active Quest helper font has been changed to pre-SF font. Window now shows a scrollbar when appropriate.
- Fix: Target/implied window effects shouldn't be overlapping by a few pixels anymore
- Fix: Group window quick buttons no longer display over non-existant group member slots
- Fix: Tradeskill window no longer shows writ timer filler text. It won't show writ timer text at all until SOE can put a fix in.
- Fix: Tracking window con colors are now properly aligned
Unread 03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

New release: Version 1.7 is live on the Updater

Update Log:
v1.6 - 2010.03.01
- New: Group window now includes "yourself" as the first group member (F1). Quick Casts/Cures apply the same as they do to the rest of the party.
- New: Group/Raid Settings windows have a few more options to choose from including:
  • Show tooltips on Quick Cast/Cure buttons
  • Display cure button placeholders (transparent icons)
  • Use smart curing (only casts when a debuff counter is found) [This used to be default to always on, now it's a choice]
  • The new options will save between sessions, and per-character like the other options do.

- Update: The T9 potions "Focused 'x' Remedy" are now included in the default Potion options for the player window. (thanks to foozlesprite and TalTal)

This update is only available via the Updater atm. I'll either update the manual install shortly, or work on some more features and then update. It's easier to package things for the updater than have to re-package it for manual install.

Cheers!
Unread 03-05-2010, 12:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.7 Update #1 - 2010.03.04
- Fix: The cure icons in group member slot 1 (yourself) are now showing properly.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-15-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Unread 03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Hi. Thanks for the work in bringing this UI to us.

I just wanted to give a warning for those using this updater with CCleaner in Windows XP that you should have it ignore files in "C:\Documents and Settings\"Accountname"\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\51" , or it will delete those files making the updater unusable (forcing the need to reinstall). I assume this may be the case for other similar cleaning programs that look into the sun java folder (in "Documents and Settings") as well.

Also, wanted to add that the registry cleaner in CCleaner may find extensions .idx and .lap (that the updater uses) as "Unused File Extensions". I'm not savvy enough to know if that would have an adverse effect on using the updater, but I assume you may want to keep your eye out for this and uncheck any entries in CCleaner (better yet have CCleaner ignore these entries). Again, I can't say anything about other registry managers, but you may want to keep it in mind if you use them with this updater.

In the case files get deleted, a simple reinstall of the updater should fixed the problem.

Last edited by Cybercoco : 03-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Unread 03-10-2010, 03:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the heads up. If you clean out any of these files, a simple re-launch from the web launcher would re-install the updater files. However, you may lose your user-defined settings.
Unread 03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.7 Update #2 - 2010.03.15
- New: Edit window for quick cast/cures now has "Default" button which can be used to revert to the default DrumsUI settings for that button (useful for upgrading your potion cure buttons )
- Update: Stat Bar formatting fixed in several areas (decimal numbers needed more space)
- Update: Up-to-date group window with pets is now available
Unread 02-26-2010, 02:07 AM
A Coastal Crab

hi, umm stupid windows vista doesnt let me run the update or anything without admin permission, running it from an acct with full control of the pc and it still doesnt work.

any clue on how to fix? it doesnt give option to run as admin when i right click either.
Unread 02-26-2010, 02:09 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilkin View Post
hi, umm stupid windows vista doesnt let me run the update or anything without admin permission, running it from an acct with full control of the pc and it still doesnt work.

any clue on how to fix? it doesnt give option to run as admin when i right click either.
Try right clicking your desktop shortcut, and go into the Properties. See if you can give it Admin privileges there.
Unread 02-26-2010, 04:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Hi there,
I'm loving the look of your UI here so have one tiny question.. (edit: ok two now lol)

Can I download the updater and let it grab your full UI pack, or do I have to install your UI pack, then run the game via the installer to keep it current? Also will this updater get EQ2Map as well? I remember EQ2Map was used to launch the game, so how does that affect this updater, or vice versa?

Thanks..

Last edited by Wolfhammer : 02-26-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Unread 02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhammer View Post
Hi there,
I'm loving the look of your UI here so have one tiny question.. (edit: ok two now lol)

Can I download the updater and let it grab your full UI pack, or do I have to install your UI pack, then run the game via the installer to keep it current? Also will this updater get EQ2Map as well? I remember EQ2Map was used to launch the game, so how does that affect this updater, or vice versa?

Thanks..
You can use this Updater both before or after you manually install my full ui! It'll grab any files your missing, or simply install it for you. And after that it'll keep it updated
As far as EQ2maps goes, it is fully compatible with my UI. I would recommend installing my UI first and then EQ2map, but after that it doesn't matter which one you patch first.

If you go to Settings -> File paths, you can set an application to launch after update, which you could set as eq2maps. Then from eq2maps you can launch EQ2 itself.

Cheers, hope that helps.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-26-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
You can use this Updater both before or after you manually install my full ui! It'll grab any files your missing, or simply install it for you. And after that it'll keep it updated
As far as EQ2maps goes, it is fully compatible with my UI. I would recommend installing my UI first and then EQ2map, but after that it doesn't matter which one you patch first.

If you go to Settings -> File paths, you can set an application to launch after update, which you could set as eq2maps. Then from eq2maps you can launch EQ2 itself.

Cheers, hope that helps.
Yeah thanks Drum.. I grabbed it all and installed over the weekend and it all worked perfectly... Great stuff!!
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:08 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Red face

Quote:

Cheers, hope that helps.
Since I had a patch from Java in the last few weeks my Drums updater is not picking up my EQ2maps to launch, nothing has been changed in the file paths, can someone help with this?
Unread 05-10-2010, 04:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yea I seen to be having the same issue (again). This happen the first time I downloaded the updater a couple of months ago, sadly I don't remember what was done to fix it. I run windows vista and its telling me I need admin permission. My old updater is no longer working so I had to download a new one apparently, I downloaded the file and unzipped it then clicked the unzipped file and it opened the web page up, there is no icon on my desk top to change admin rights on... It doesn't seem to be fully installing. It is when I click on the "update" button on the web page that I receive the "you need admin rights" message. Any suggestions?
Unread 05-19-2010, 12:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

I'm having an issue where not all of my hotbars show the countdown within the button, i use 9 hotbars and only 3 (i presume what were the original 3 before i shuffled everything long ago) show the numbers within them.... this would be a simple fix except i do not get an option to set a different hotbar as my primary/secondary etc when right-clicking them, and using the same UI across several toons whose hotbar layout's vary makes reassigning the hotkeys to these bars a bit tedious

any help or inisight drums?

thx
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:14 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickD25 View Post
I'm having an issue where not all of my hotbars show the countdown within the button, i use 9 hotbars and only 3 (i presume what were the original 3 before i shuffled everything long ago) show the numbers within them.... this would be a simple fix except i do not get an option to set a different hotbar as my primary/secondary etc when right-clicking them, and using the same UI across several toons whose hotbar layout's vary makes reassigning the hotkeys to these bars a bit tedious

any help or inisight drums?

thx
The numbers only show when the Frames are turned on in each individual hotba's Window Settings. And the timer bar shows when Frames & Titlebar is enabled.

Hope that helps,
-Drum
Unread 06-17-2010, 04:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.11 - 2010.06.17
- Update: Target/Implied windows have been updated with a style closer matching the player/group windows.
- Update: The battlegrounds icon gem in the topright corner of the player window has been made slightly smaller.
- Fix: The storyline tab in the Journal window should no longer be displaying placeholder/incorrect text.
Unread 06-19-2010, 08:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

hey drums, have just switched from profit to drums and am loving it .. thanks for the hard work. especially like the customisable stats bar and just the polished look and feel of it in general.

quick question - when i use the updater, one of the files just gets left not updated: its " UI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI_overview.txt "

it just says "some files could not be downloaded, please try later". is this file important? and is there something i need to do to get it to download?

thx
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:19 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.12 - 2010.08.18
- New: Persona window total overhaul/update for GU57. Similar layout to the DrumsUI inventory window, but with slightly smaller icons. Stat layout has changed slightly, but is close to the old persona window
- New: on the Compass, click zone area name to toggle your location
- New: Guild window's experience bar shortened and added Rally Flag and Members Online to the bottom of the window to be visible on any tab
- Update: updated Casting window style. You can now click the casting bar to cancel spellcasting. Click & drag on the spell name to move the window
- Update: examine windows slightly tweaked for spacing. Examing effects expands long data details (instead of showing a small scroll area)
- Update: changed the color of the effect names text in the Maintained window to be less dark. This window does not yet support the right click "Show/hide text" integrated with GU57
- Update: by user request, the highlight color on the Tradeskill window's recipe list has been brightened up
- Fix: bank's Toggle Bank Bags button tooltip corrected
- Fix: "Avoidance" is now spelled correctly in the Stat Bar setting window
- Fix: pressing the browser's minimize button now takes focus off the window, allowing movement & other controls to be responsive
- Fix: the Prepare step of crafting is no longer automatically skipped. Until SOE takes another look at the tradeskill window, normal and comissioned crafting have too a high of a chance of bugging users out. Hopefully this change helps stop any more problems.
- Fix: compass heading-orientation is now fixed
- Fix: tweaked bag's close button & drag handle to cover slighty less of the icons they overlay
- Fix: Implied Target's health percentage color should be acting normal again
- Fix: Item currency icons in the Mechant window should no longer cover coin costs in the selection list. Also updated the window to support GU57's station cash items.

Lots of files updated!

If you get a message saying a file could not be downloaded on your first run, it's just the eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml being deleted.
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:07 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Are the layout files suppolied supposed to be complete finished layouts for the specified resolutions? It seems like when I load it seems like things are just all over the place (like the stat bar doesn't go across the whole screen, and its floating on the left side about 2/3rds of the way up the screen and only open enough to show one of the bars (and not all the stats selected on it)). I end up having to move all the windows on the bottom (or top depending where i want to put it), in order to get it in a proper position.

If that's how it is right now, that's fine, I'm just trying to figure out if something is bugged with my install and its not loading correctly, or that's just how it is.
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleknot View Post
Are the layout files suppolied supposed to be complete finished layouts for the specified resolutions? It seems like when I load it seems like things are just all over the place (like the stat bar doesn't go across the whole screen, and its floating on the left side about 2/3rds of the way up the screen and only open enough to show one of the bars (and not all the stats selected on it)). I end up having to move all the windows on the bottom (or top depending where i want to put it), in order to get it in a proper position.

If that's how it is right now, that's fine, I'm just trying to figure out if something is bugged with my install and its not loading correctly, or that's just how it is.
Nope, it's just my layout. Anyone is free to submit their own layouts though!
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Nope, it's just my layout. Anyone is free to submit their own layouts though!
Thanks. Now another question... is there an easy way to use the sans serif font for everything? When I was playing with the UI last night, it seemed like it was using serif for certain elements no matter what I had checked in EQ2's options.
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleknot View Post
Thanks. Now another question... is there an easy way to use the sans serif font for everything? When I was playing with the UI last night, it seemed like it was using serif for certain elements no matter what I had checked in EQ2's options.
Not sure about that, haven't messed with font options in game much. I think that option only affects certain elements, but I could be mistaken.
Unread 08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Not sure about that, haven't messed with font options in game much. I think that option only affects certain elements, but I could be mistaken.
I know with Profit, everything comes out in sans serif... well until I alt-tab out and it goes to windowed mode then I switch back to full-screen, then it seems to freak-out and some of the stuff goes back to serif (like merchants and guild tags... which are also annoyingly cut off when it happens). But I assume that is a EQ2 problem, and not one with the UI itself.

Come to think of it, it was pretty late last night... wonder if I had accidentally switched out of fullscreen and back and don't remember... I'll have to double check when I get home now. lol.
Unread 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Ginormous exp bar

Just logged into GU57 and everything seems to be fine, except the exp bar wants to stretch across the screen. I can move it where I want and re-size it. But when I tab out or zone, it's back to the original size. Anything I can do to lock it down?

Thanks.