EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Dev Shack

Unread 11-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Yea I use the same thing drums does now. It works better then adding pages ontop of pages.. Plus I was able to make the group window a composite so that i could make group member align top,bottom or center :P

Also shouldn't OnPress/Click trigger off mouse key up? I bereave that's when most windows control trigger that event. That also give the user an out too :P
Unread 11-25-2008, 03:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'm all for MouseUp instead of MouseDown, always.

While we are talking about group window design, may I derail just a little bit: Does anybody know whether all group window dynamic data works by now? I still have a group window version only based on dynamic data somewhere because I would like to completely redesign the structure, but last time I tried not all DD worked. Landiin, your composite sounds like you may be using a DD based window?
Unread 11-29-2008, 12:24 AM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

Yeah, sometimes mouseup is better than mousedown but depends on the situation. For user-responsiveness, mousedown is better like selecting an item in a listbox.

I've reworked the group window a bit, putting all the group member controls in its own page. So now there are 3 sub-pages under MemberInfoPage. One for the member data, one for pet data and one for effects.

I've changed the code so that clicking anywhere in the member info area targets that member. Clicking in the pet page targets the pet and clicking in the effects page does nothing.

This will probably require that most of you rework your group page a little bit, but hopefully it'll be cleaner in the long run and you won't need to use the hover in/out hack to get around targeting.

On the subject of group-member dynamic data, I too wondered when I first looked at the window why it wasn't based on dynamic data. When I added the speaking indicator back when we did voice chat, I made it run off dynamic data, and the new pet info is now strictly dynamic data. If I get time to look at it again, I might try to convert it.
Unread 11-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I don't care what Zoltaroth says, Your the MAN Rothgar!

(not that I've ever heard Zoltaroth say anything bad about you)
Unread 11-30-2008, 10:17 AM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

After reading through the Raid window thread I got to thinking that the group and raid windows are animals of a similar stripe. And since your adding the ability to hide and show the detriment icons on the raid window why not include that same functionality to the group window. I mean if your the type of person who either can't do any thing about the effects on another player or simply doesn't care, that information is fairly useless to you. So I figured you've already put in the work for the raid window it should be fairly easy to just add similar code to the group window. Right?
Unread 03-16-2009, 10:30 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Splitpaw
Question

How will we be able to distinguish between the player and the pet? You mention clicking on the pet targets the pet instead of the player?
As a healer, I'm interested in adding a heal-'button' to the pet. (similar to the buttons in ProfitUI).

When the master and pet have the same name, would this work?

target <name>
targetpet <name>

Last edited by Lanadad : 03-16-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Typo