EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-01-2005, 09:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Help with modified Player/Spell Effects

hi first post and I hope someone can help...

I've been working on a UI, mostly just reskinning, but one thing I wanted was a more involved player window. I like the UI's that are "together" (one set piece with everything in a specific spot kinda like interfaces in RTS games). One thing I've done is made a player window that has the Spell Effects box underneath. It worked.

And then...it didn't. I don't know what happened but after determining my Player window complete I moved on to the Quest Helper and XP windows. I logged in to check some text positioning and noticed my spell effects weren't showing up in the box anymore. The default spell effects window still works, so I deleted the modified one (I had changed the cell size to 20,20, and made it unmovable, unresizeable) in my Player page, and copied the Effects page under main hud. Spells still won't show up in that box.

I don't get it. Does the Effects page have to be attached to MainHud for it to get data? Is there a property in the Player page that's preventing the spell effects window from updating? I haven't changed any filters. Heck, I didn't change anything once the player window was working fine!

I've attached a screenshot of the modified player window. You can see where my spell effects box is, and also the default EQ box at the bottom.

I realise I could modify the default version to fit into were I want it and then just put it there in game, and if I absolutely have to I will. But it worked previously, so I'd like to figure out what changed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2 - what happen.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	3797  
Unread 10-01-2005, 01:50 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlith
Does the Effects page have to be attached to MainHud for it to get data?
Yes.

I've got no idea why it worked previously, but it shouldn't have at all.

Nothing in the Player window, however, needs to be placed in a specific window, so I'd recommend moving that stuff into the Effects window instead of vice-versa.
Unread 10-01-2005, 09:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yah, it was really wierd. It did work! But then...it didn't.

What I ended up doing was just setting a fixed width effects window and placed it where I wanted it. Another post here clued me in to the "alwaysontop" property so I'm satisfied for now.

I do like your way of doing it...but how would I deal with tooltips? I kinda like the Playerinfo tooltip (though with my modifications I suppose I don't need it). When I feel like changing all my windows (again lol) I'll give this idea a shot

Thanks!!