EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 11-11-2005, 04:06 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default This all doable?

Okay, I'm finally getting the chance to get back to modding my UI. I have a working exp bar and working casting window and semi-working compass (need to correct for that directional change...), but I got to playing today and have modded things a bit more (just in graphic form at the moment).

Would all of this be doable? (See attachment image2.jpg)

First, a combined player window (may be achieved by stacking spells, player, and exp if it can't be done all in one window) that shows exp (graphically, %, debt, vitality, and level), player name, the effects on the player (did I read correctly that the new player window shows when you have a noxious/elemental/etc on you now like it does in the group window?), concentration, power both numerically and by bar, health both numerically and by bar, and the spells window (those spells on a player, including eating and drinking) resized to what you see on the target/implied windows now.

Phew!

Then the group window as I had before my hard drive crash (*muttergrumble*) but with letters to indicate the type of effect when an effect is on a group member (ie: N for noxious), showing the player's level, and class. Do I have all of those covered? Noxious, Elemental, Trauma, and Arcane? (change the D to an A please... I had it as Divine. Oops!)

Resize all the hotbars to 2/3 size (I think someone already has that mod out there, gotta go look...

Take Insom's stat strip idea to make my own that fits the theme and is at 1152.

Resize the maintained window so the icons are 20px square (gotta look to see if that's out there already, too)

Add a graphical element to the quest journal.

And if I get to it, adding the graphics to the target/implied.

The only things of all that I think would be tricky are the stat strip (tried modding Insom's last night to 1152x864... it totally disappeared off my screen and I don't know what I did) and the combined player / spells / exp window.

What do y'all think?
(I had to save it at a smaller file size, so some of the numbers are kinda blurry. Sorry 'bout that)

I've also attached my current ui stuff (some default, some others' mods, the exp and compass are mine) for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	4017  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000000.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	4018  
Unread 11-12-2005, 10:19 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Greets,

I actually did combine the Player window with the experience window into one ellement. Player window is/was default... experience is/was a mod... that I moded to make smaller...

Works fine.

Only thing is, I cannot figure out how to remove the default experience window from loading... Even removing the file from the default UI only causes it to get downloaded again... wind up with two experience windows open at all times...
and no one here ever answered me on how to prevent the default Experience window from ever showing up again. So I

Got redundant, so I removed my player window mod and went back to the default way.

I am also working on attempting to create a "strip" about 36 pixels high along the entire bottom of the screen (1280) Wanted to get all those damn HUGE popup messages into one un-obtrusive place... Was just resizing the actual start button frame to desired size...

There are problems... I need to work out but I think it will work.
Unread 11-12-2005, 10:25 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viallynor
Only thing is, I cannot figure out how to remove the default experience window from loading... Even removing the file from the default UI only causes it to get downloaded again... wind up with two experience windows open at all times...

Here is how I got rid the default EXP bar window:
As I also combined the exp and player windows into one window.

Copy the default eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml to YOUR custom UI directory.
Now EDIT the file, by deleting everything in it via notepad. Copy and Paste the following code into the edited notepad file and save it. Then restart EQ2. No more default exp window.

CODE:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page actiontype="Experience" BackgroundColor="#00FF00" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Location="52,566" Name="Experience" PackLocation="center,bottom" PackLocationProp="-460/0001,-202/0001" ScrollExtent="26,17" Size="26,17" UserMovable="true"/>

Or you may just download my eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml I attached.

-dn
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (287 Bytes, 491 views)
Unread 11-12-2005, 10:54 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Most excellent!

So this is actually just allowing a dummy file to exist that has nothing in it correct?

Does it work for other windows? As an example all those blasted pop up messages I meantioned... Could they be cut and pasted into the start button frame... then use this to remove them from the default loads?

Sounds like I have more playing to do

Thanks for the info
V