EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 05-16-2012, 03:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Auto Attack Timer

I did a search and only found a several year old thread about this. And the few stand alone auto attack timers I have found don't seem to work, or break something else. Could someone please make an up to date auto attack timer?
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:10 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

No need for it anymore, I think. The game has built-in autoattack timer bars now, and they can do a better job of accounting for things like CAs blocking autoattack swings than UI add-ins can.
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:25 AM
A Griffon

I don't see any auto attack bars in the default ui nor any when I have it active. Wasn't aware soe added any so can I get this confirmed?

As for the OP http://www.eq2interface.com/download...AttackBar.html

this one works really well.
Unread 05-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
I don't see any auto attack bars in the default ui nor any when I have it active.
Support for the in-game autoattack bars was added directly by SOE; you can see when the actual swings happen and anything that might hold up a swing (eg casting, daze, etc.). They chose not to include them in the default UI since they thought it was more of an "advanced" feature that not all users would want by default, so while the support is there and commonly used by custom uis it's not included in the default.
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:14 PM
A Griffon

so basically they added the functionality yet no authors have created newer bars? I checked several uis and don't see an autoattack bar thats using this new stuff where can I find info to see what I can come up with?
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
so basically they added the functionality yet no authors have created newer bars? I checked several uis and don't see an autoattack bar thats using this new stuff where can I find info to see what I can come up with?
I'm not sure what you're talking about. There are many full UIs that use the autoattack bars. FetishNightfall has one for sure, and I'm almost certain that Profit, Drums, and any other major UIs have them. You linked a standalone autoattack bar even, so I'm not sure what other functionality you're talking about.
Unread 05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I'm not sure what you're talking about. There are many full UIs that use the autoattack bars. FetishNightfall has one for sure, and I'm almost certain that Profit, Drums, and any other major UIs have them. You linked a standalone autoattack bar even, so I'm not sure what other functionality you're talking about.
Heh don't mind me. I think its the timers probally that I am confused about. Yes I use profit and yes it has an auto attack bar file. Drums I didn't see a file in there related but I am sure its got an auto attack bar.

The OP posted that they seemed out dated or broke other things yet I have never had an issue with them.
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...AttackBar.html
Unread 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM
A Griffon

Profit has the AutoAttack bar, and it is on by default. For folks like me who don't use it, the Control Panel lets you turn it off (although that is not a persistent setting).
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Profit has the AutoAttack bar, and it is on by default. For folks like me who don't use it, the Control Panel lets you turn it off (although that is not a persistent setting).
to turn it off instead of on edit _ProfitUI_Settings_AutoAttackBar.txt and change true to false
Unread 05-19-2012, 12:25 PM
A Brown Bear

I saw that auto attack bar, but it hasn't been updated in years, and doesn't seem to like eq2 maps very much. Was hoping for a newer one that wouldn't break other add-ons.
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaku View Post
I saw that auto attack bar, but it hasn't been updated in years, and doesn't seem to like eq2 maps very much. Was hoping for a newer one that wouldn't break other add-ons.
I use it and haven't had any issues but I use a complete custom ui not just eq2maps. I don't see why that would break it though be sure you're following all the instructions for installation.
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:52 PM
A Griffon

Papabard: Thanks for that pointer. I should have guessed that there would be a stored setting, like the the one for the welcome screen.

On the surface, I can't think of any reason why the attack bar would break on the default UI with EQ2Maps installed. I used EQ2Maps with the default UI long before I discovered ProfiUI and I don't recall any issues then. But that was a while ago. I started using Profit during the SF beta and have used it since.
Unread 05-19-2012, 06:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
Papabard: Thanks for that pointer. I should have guessed that there would be a stored setting, like the the one for the welcome screen.

On the surface, I can't think of any reason why the attack bar would break on the default UI with EQ2Maps installed. I used EQ2Maps with the default UI long before I discovered ProfiUI and I don't recall any issues then. But that was a while ago. I started using Profit during the SF beta and have used it since.
You're welcome.

Yeah the mear fact the file hasn't been updated is simply because nothing has changed to where it wouldn't work. I use it and works just fine which was why I started looking dumb about the in game support lol that support was added about the same time the bar mods appeared if I recall. It should work with default (of course you'll need to make a directory called UI/attackbar or something) and add the custom file and the attack bar to that directory or eq2maps which of course would require adding the attack bar and including it to the custom file again following the directions for how to install.
Unread 05-20-2012, 08:24 AM
A Brown Bear

Well, whenever I install it, it breaks eq2 maps. Are the instructions outdated for it? Because for that mod, it mentions a file that does not exist, despite it saying it should be there if I have a mod already

Edit: Nevermind, I seem to have gotten it to work. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Ronaku : 05-20-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Unread 05-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

EQ2MAP isn't a full mod, so it doesn't include the normal complement of UI files, only the map-related ones. You most likely needed to make your own eq2ui_custom.xml since EQ2MAP doesn't include it.
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Actually...for whatever reason, it was the version I was using that wasn't working right. I had issues using 4.0 of that mod, but 3.2 is working fine. No idea why that is. Also no idea what is different between 4.0 and 3.2 since the notes only go to 3.2 that I saw.
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Are you using the very big, red Download button in the top right, or the Archive list on the page? The newest version was 4.0b, and the archive list shows 4.0 and below.