EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 02-02-2016, 03:56 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

I am attempting to get the Drums Spell Timer working. My base UI is Profit, with some odds-and-ends miscellaneous pieces. I am seeing a spell timer window with one spell, Toxic Aura (on my warlock), visible. I have no settings or any way to customize this window.

What am I doing wrong?

Here's what I have:

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\eq2.ini
Code:
# Set my custom UI
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI\eq2ui_custom.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>_ProfitUI_custom.xml</include>
<include>DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml</include>
</Page>
<Namespace Name="ProfitUI_Styles">
<include>_ProfitUI_Styles.xml</include>
</Namespace>
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\ProfitUI
  • DrumsUI_custom_includes.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\DrumsUI_listrank_template.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\DrumsUI_STI.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\DrumsUI_TargetCasting.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\CastingMacros\DrumsUI_CM_Settings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\CureFinder\DrumsUI_CF.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\CureFinder\DrumsUI_CF_Settings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_ChatSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_ClickButtonSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_EffectsSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_ItemNotes.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_MainSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_StatBarSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_TextSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\Settings\DrumsUI_XPSettings.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\SpellTimer\DrumsUI_ST.xml
  • DrumsUI_custom\SpellTimer\DrumsUI_ST_Settings.xml

I created a /show_window macro, and have tried various targets, none of which open anything so far as I can see:
  • /show_window DrumsUI_custom.DrumsUI_STI.xml
  • /show_window DrumsUI_custom.SpellTimer.DrumsUI_ST
  • /show_window DrumsUI_custom.SpellTimer.DrumsUI_ST_Settings
  • /show_window DrumsUI_custom.DrumsUI_MenuWindow
  • /show_window DrumsUI_custom.Settings.DrumsUI_MainSettings

Click image for larger version

Name:	SpellTimerWindow.png
Views:	974
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	8309

What I want to be able to do is to track not just these increments, but I want to watch for Time Warp and other beneficial spells during which I'll want to cast my big booms. I'm sure more experienced 'locks will have other suggestions for what I want in the Spell Timer.

Last edited by Sigrdrifa : 02-02-2016 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Turning notifications to ON
Unread 02-02-2016, 10:40 PM
A Griffon

That looks like the DarqUI Maintained Spell Monitor which you can configure with the DarqUI Unified utility, or if you downloaded the Window Manager from said utility you can make your configuration changes from within the game (click for image). The window manager can be invoked by clicking the blue gem in the upper left corner of the monitor. Neither of these windows will interfere with your ProfitUI or DrumsUI setups.

Last edited by Darqwood : 02-02-2016 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Changed inline images to a link, more appropriate in somebody else's forum!
Unread 03-27-2016, 12:16 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hey guys, I updated the statbar in drumsui. Did the same to what I did for the stand alone.

Fixes/updates:

-Fixed WDB/SWDB toggle color in Bar Options #2
-Fixed Flurry, WDB, SWDB order in Bar Options #2
-Added Fervor
-A poster in another thread indicated that Arcane, Noxious and elemental were truncated, applied his fix.

Just unzip and copy to your drumsui folder. It will ask to over write. You might want to backup your drumsui folder just in case.

(File removed)

Last edited by Blackhood : 05-09-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Unread 04-27-2016, 08:27 AM
A Brown Bear

Any way to add resolve as well?

This is from the test server persona file
Code:
<Text description="Resolve" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.Resolve" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" Location="89,68" Margin="0,0,2,0" Name="Value_Resolve" PackLocation="right,top" ScrollExtent="72,16" Size="72,16" TextAlignment="Right">10000</Text>
Unread 04-27-2016, 08:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody99 View Post
Any way to add resolve as well?

This is from the test server persona file
Code:
<Text description="Resolve" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.Resolve" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" Location="89,68" Margin="0,0,2,0" Name="Value_Resolve" PackLocation="right,top" ScrollExtent="72,16" Size="72,16" TextAlignment="Right">10000</Text>
Do you mean for the Drums Persona window? Or the drums stat bar? I just updated the stand alone bar, it's in the file area.

EDIT. Here is the statbar with resolve for the UI.
EDIT 2: Updated the drums persona with fervor and resolve stats. You will notice a statsgood folder with another persona.xml in it, thats because the default drums persona stats are a mess!
I cleaned up the stats, but beware if you use it because things might be misaligned or things might run into each other as your stats grow. Did this late at night and I have work in the morning You will probably have to resize the bottom stats window to see everything.

(Files removed, posted in my own thread)

Last edited by Blackhood : 05-09-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Unread 04-28-2016, 12:31 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post
Do you mean for the Drums Persona window? Or the drums stat bar? I just updated the stand alone bar, it's in the file area.

EDIT. Here is the statbar with resolve for the UI.
EDIT 2: Updated the drums persona with fervor and resolve stats. You will notice a statsgood folder with another persona.xml in it, thats because the default drums persona stats are a mess!
I cleaned up the stats, but beware if you use it because things might be misaligned or things might run into each other as your stats grow. Did this late at night and I have work in the morning You will probably have to resize the bottom stats window to see everything.
when is this going to be put on the updater?
Unread 04-28-2016, 07:13 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
when is this going to be put on the updater?
I don't know how to do it, would Drums even want that? I know he is done with eq2 and the UI so the updater may be on autopilot.
Unread 04-30-2016, 11:11 AM
A Coastal Crab

any possibility of adding the experience vials to Drums? Please and Thanks
Unread 05-04-2016, 04:11 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Guk

any chance you might be able to fix the stat bar unfortunelty I have no more room on my monitor to lengthen the statbar it is as far as it will go if I could get the newer 22 inch one that putz out on me working I might be able to do it but not the smaller one i'm using now.
Unread 05-07-2016, 01:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
any chance you might be able to fix the stat bar unfortunelty I have no more room on my monitor to lengthen the statbar it is as far as it will go if I could get the newer 22 inch one that putz out on me working I might be able to do it but not the smaller one i'm using now.
It would be nice to add a 3rd line to the stat bar. Or text wrap.
Unread 05-08-2016, 01:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvre View Post
It would be nice to add a 3rd line to the stat bar. Or text wrap.
I had this already in the works when I saw the post above yours. (3 bars)

I consider this a beta, until things are worked out. Some of the code I am working with I am unfamiliar with, but I am learning it as I go. So, I need help in telling me what is wrong etc.

This is for the DrumsUI Statbar ( I am assuming you have DrumsUI installed and updated with the updates I did before), I will push it to the stand alone bar after things are worked out here.

EDIT: If I don't hear anything from anyone by 5/13/16 (Friday), I am going to abandon this, as I don't need 3 bars and we don't need 5 variations of the Statbar out there.

EDIT2: Project abandoned. Did not hear anything. File deleted.

Last edited by Blackhood : 05-13-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Unread 05-08-2016, 02:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

If you start your own topic in the forum with 1) changes noted, 2) screenshots showing what it looks like, and 3) files attached, I'll work with that person(s) to get files on the updater.

I don't want to use this topic as a place to discuss and outline fixes, but just keep it to feedback and update notes.
Unread 08-08-2016, 07:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Issues With Drums?

Hey, all, first of all, thank you to those who are keeping Drums updated. I’ve used it for years. However, I recently had to reinstall the game and, consequently, Drums, on my computer. A couple of issues I am having that I did not experience before are that my group/raid settings are not “saving” for each character. I like my cure buttons to the side. I set it up. When I log back in on that character the next time, it’s back underneath. Is there something I am missing to make these settings “save”? Also, shortly after fervor came out, an update came out on Drums that put fervor on the character window. Even though this is the latest, I don’t have it. I did notice on one of the forum posts that it should be selectable for the stat bar, which would also be fine, I don’t see it there to select either. Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.
Unread 01-27-2017, 11:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Can't get menus to work

The problem i am having is i can not get the customization windows to open. The EQ2 button on the stat bar works to open the eq2 menu but the UI button i just hear a click. when i hover over the white settings buttons on different windows such as the group window or the spell timer window i can hear the click but nothing happens. Need help bad please. I deleted everything out of the UI folder except the Default, Default_Blue and Fonts folders out of the UI folder, totally deleted everything from my computer that was related to drums and started over by downloading the drumsui updater, then running eq2 maps.

my eq2.ini
cl_ui_skinname DrumsUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

# Sets options to advanced mode by default
cl_options_advanced 1

# Sets the default Auto Attack bar on/off
cl_show_autoattack_bar true

# Enable Anti-Aliasing support (enable here, then set via your graphics card driver)
#r_aa_blit 1

# Allow the possibility to have chat channels in more than one tab/window
#chat_allowduplicatechannels 1

#Force EQ2 to listen to your custom cl_screenwidth and cl_screenheight parameters
#cl_validate_resolution false

#Set EQ2 to auto-reduce gfx quality to save memory
#disable_auto_low_mem_mode 1
Unread 01-28-2017, 04:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwjam View Post
The problem i am having is i can not get the customization windows to open. The EQ2 button on the stat bar works to open the eq2 menu but the UI button i just hear a click. when i hover over the white settings buttons on different windows such as the group window or the spell timer window i can hear the click but nothing happens. Need help bad please. I deleted everything out of the UI folder except the Default, Default_Blue and Fonts folders out of the UI folder, totally deleted everything from my computer that was related to drums and started over by downloading the drumsui updater, then running eq2 maps.
One thing, for Kunark Ascending, needs to install Blackhood's updates: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18226 which I'm not sure are part of the updater.
Unread 01-28-2017, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default fixed one thing but broke another.

ok it seems i had a lot of problems going on...i may or not have had 2 Eq2's installed haven't figured that out yet..i also had a drums in my beta folder and i also had snippets of profit ui here and there. figured it was just best to totally delete the entirety of anything that said everquest, sony, drums and profit and start over...finally finished downloading (wow that took quite a long time). downloaded and used updater. installed that kunark zip. So anyway to make a long story short if i hover over any of the drums setting buttons i can now click on them and bring up the drums menu...what is broken...i have no stat bar. It is not hidden behind anything else, it is not off screen. reading the forums i have tried typing /show_window MainHUD.StartButton (did nothing). any suggestions?
Unread 03-23-2017, 02:55 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Kunark Ascending Help

Can someone please provide the latest updater, installation and patches for this DrumsUI. The issues I'm having are missing statsin the persona window as well as the statbar settings box, a Startbutton / Statbar not loading, and discontinued stats still displaying.
Unread 03-23-2017, 07:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjkraynak View Post
Can someone please provide the latest updater, installation and patches for this DrumsUI. The issues I'm having are missing statsin the persona window as well as the statbar settings box, a Startbutton / Statbar not loading, and discontinued stats still displaying.
Wow, you must have a really old version, see this post for DrumsUI downloads.
Unread 04-01-2018, 03:33 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

An update rises from the grave. Nope, it's not an April Fool's joke!
I'm not "back" by any capacity. But I wanted to pop in and get some changes on the Updater since it's been waaaay too long.

Thanks for all the updates/contributes/suggestions/feedback over the past couple years, all!

A Github repo is now available with DrumsUI code. Wanted to have a public backup just-in-case. I created a branch for these most recent changes -- which are now live.

Please note, these changes are untested by me... I've personally looked through all the code changes however. But I don't have the game installed, nor do I plan on playing again currently.
But hopefully no issues. The code merge was fairly straight forward.

Update Log:
- Update [MultipleWindows]: Merged in all changes available to-date for DrumsUI from user Blackhood.
- Update [Colors]: Compatibilty updates from Blackhood.
- Update [Journal]: Active Quest Journal window PoP Public Quest updates from user Morlane.
- Update [Persona]: Familiars tab additions from user Niveras.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 04-01-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Unread 09-01-2018, 06:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default java error

when attempting to install, it gives an error when trying to install java.... what version is needed? because I have no problems manually downloading anything, but for some reason installed programs have had complications when downloading java.
Unread 12-10-2018, 10:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Aaand the guild window is broken. Needs fixing.
Unread 12-10-2018, 10:55 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisnotneeded View Post
Aaand the guild window is broken. Needs fixing.
There was an updated guild window provided during Beta, and I'm sure it is working.
Unread 12-12-2018, 10:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Java runtime 7 block on using the installer is unending. I have Java 8 installed but it still tries to install the older version before updating and i'm at my wit's end trying to make it work. The install app just quits when the dead link it has doesnt respond.
Unread 04-12-2022, 09:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost
Default Is DrumsUI Updater now dead??

As far as I can tell, the Updater for DrumsUI is now dead.
I took care of the Java compatibility issue, but now every time I try to run the updater I get blocked by a proxy server error and nothing updates.

I presume at this time the only thing viable is to get the manual install version along with the updates to the UI from Blackhood?