EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Ah yes, that's what I was thinking of. Sorry for your troubles
Unread 11-29-2012, 08:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Update Log:
- Update [Tradeskill]: Tradeskill window updated for CoE.
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Colors]: DrumsUI color schemes restored to working order (all updated for CoE).
- Fix [Tradeskill]: Fixed Tradeskill recipe toggle checkbox.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Fix [Colors]: Fixed new icon additions in files w/ missing transparency properties (stopped icons from displaying in-game).
Unread 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Fix [Tradeskill]: Window sizing fix.
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Examine]: Updated tooltips for Dec 13th patch.
Unread 12-19-2012, 03:14 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Container]: Updated Container window for Dec 18th patch (deposit all, search, dropdown selection).
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [Container]: Updated Container window for Jan 15th patch (permission tab).
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk
Default Java Security

I love your UI and also love the updater but the DHMS still advising that folks do not use Java Version 6 or Version 7 Update 11 or lower. I have uninstalled Java to ward off website threats and such. Could you update the stand alone version to include the latest fixes? Thanks very much.
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:16 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardot Kynes View Post
I love your UI and also love the updater but the DHMS still advising that folks do not use Java Version 6 or Version 7 Update 11 or lower. I have uninstalled Java to ward off website threats and such. Could you update the stand alone version to include the latest fixes? Thanks very much.
They are referring to browser extensions on that warning. Not applications that run seperately. Also I think those warnings go out mostly to businesses, miltary people etc where a hacker would actually want something from them. Yes I know hackers/id theives etc might get their hands on it but honestly the new exploit cost 5k US just to get your hands on it and for it to cost that kind of money I'm sure those getting it aren't targetting gamers. Could be wrong though.

But all that aside profit and drums updaters are not browser extensions they don't even require the browser to be running and I do believe the warning is to remove it from your browsers not stand alone applications.
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Java Security

They actually said to remove it from your computer. Sure I am being cautious but Java has had a lot of issues lately.
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
They actually said to remove it from your computer. Sure I am being cautious but Java has had a lot of issues lately.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-ma...190256208.html
Unread 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
That's really only needed if you're using Internet Explorer. The other browsers all have ways to turn off the Java plugin in the browser, which is all that's really needed. But IE doesn't have any simple way of doing that (doing it requires not just configuration changes but manually editing several dozen CLSID registry entries), so if you use it you need to uninstall Java. The unconditional "uninstall Java" advice is only because the tech journalists aren't looking beyond their IE-only world.
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I've already updated the Manual version. Check the update notes.

If you think the updater for my UI is a serious security flaw, so be it. I will offer no extra support than what I already do for the manual version.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I've already updated the Manual version.
Thanks!

PS: I don't think the Updater itself is a security flaw. But without Java I can't run it--is the point. On a side note: the author of the updater has let the certificate expire so Java itself flags that as an additional problem. I fully expect a new build of Java shortly that hopefully is deemed safe. With higher security defaults (presumably) in newer Java that certificate is possibly going to get red flagged.

PPS: We all appreciate the work you, Kaldran, Silat, and all the other interface authors do. Thanks again!
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:10 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Pretty sure the certificate has been expired for a while. Not sure.

I've got 2 alternatives I'll look into for installs. One is SVN using some sort of file sync for it.

The other is just an EXE installer (as alternative to the manual zip file).

I've no experience for building an updater, and I don't expect someone to come out of the blue with another. With minimal donations, and my dwindling interest in the game, I can't spend too much time on the extras.
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Updater should be good for today's Feb 26th patch. Will post a formal update post later when I have more time.
Unread 03-25-2013, 08:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Any chance we could get the color variations added to the full download or as a separate addon? I recently discovered the option in the updater to change the color schemes, but unfortunately the updater has also been erroring out so I can't download/update anything. I run it as an admin and it worked a few times, but for the past week or so I get this:

Code:
Exception thrown while getting location

java.sql.SQLException: No data is available
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.checkAvailable(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getColumnInType(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
	at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
	at de.pala.updater.Arrange.IO.getPoint(IO.java:516)
	at de.pala.updater.Arrange.GUI.getLocation(GUI.java:172)
	at de.pala.updater.GUI.Main.<init>(Main.java:143)
	at de.pala.updater.drumsui.Startup$1.run(Startup.java:62)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

If you're getting those Java errors, in the Drums Updater, go to Settings -> Updater -> Reset All Settings. You'll need to re-check your path settings and re-add any ignored files so you might want to make a screencap of the current settings first.

That cleared the errors for me.
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Ah thanks! I will try that.

Edit: Errors seem to be gone, but it won't let me download the color variants (Please try again later). Not a biggie for now. Thanks for the advice on fixing the error popup though!

Last edited by Firedancer : 03-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Color UI variants unable to download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedancer View Post
Ah thanks! I will try that.

Edit: Errors seem to be gone, but it won't let me download the color variants (Please try again later). Not a biggie for now. Thanks for the advice on fixing the error popup though!
Same here with color variants. Everything else smooth as silk.

This worked: I copied the following files from my back up of DrumsUI :

UI\DrumsUI\Images\commonelements.dds
UI\DrumsUI\Images\specialelements.dds
UI\DrumsUI\Images\window_elements_generic.dds
UI\DrumsUI\Images\window_elements_specific.dds
UI\DrumsUI\Images\windowelements.dds

and pasted them in UI\DrumsUI\images\ in active game directory.

I am not too familiar with this site but if you need these files, you can send me a message with an email address or way I can send the files to you. I will try to check back as often as possible.

Last edited by Ragnaroeker : 03-27-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Found a work around.
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default cant install updater

this is the error i get when trying to install the updater
anyway to fix this or what do I need to do to install drumsui?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drum ui error.PNG
Views:	454
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	8019  
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
A Brown Bear

@Ragnaroeker: I never had the variants to begin with, so there was no backup of them on my system. I was trying to download them for the first time. I worked around it by copying the Update URL in the Settings -> File Path window, pasting it into Firefox, and following the file structure to the variant zips and downloading them directly rather than through the updater.
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Will look into the Variants not working. The hash file must be off.
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:09 PM
A Brown Bear

Default search for mythical items, and inventory search?

i recently switched from profit ui and love it,
2 things i cant find that profit had is the ability to search the broker for mythical items,wich also brought up all the etheral's, and the invintory search button.
are those two items there and im just not finding them or are they not there at all?
thanks and keep up the great work !