EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 05-06-2013, 12:13 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default Station Cash Repair Button

Is there anyway we can get this removed from the character window, repair bot window, mendor window...

The button is quite large and isn't necessary. Is there a place in some file to disable this?
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by primamezzo View Post
Is there anyway we can get this removed from the character window, repair bot window, mendor window...

The button is quite large and isn't necessary. Is there a place in some file to disable this?
Removing it is easy. Problem is that that button's the only way to access the SC repair function, so if I remove it I create a problem for people. I've been looking at how to create a setting flag to force that button to be invisible all the time, but so far nothing reliable. I know XML well, and UI element layout, but I'm still coming up to speed on the intricacies of the UI scripting in EQ2. And doing it brute-force by creating variants, well... I really don't want to double the number of variants for a window I have to maintain.

Also, Profit doesn't mod all of those windows. For instance the eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml file is taken from the default, so there's no Profit version of eg. the mender window to change to remove the button. I really don't want to add more windows (and more maintenance work) to Profit just to remove or change that one button. I'm looking to scale the button down to something smaller in the character window, because that's used a lot for things other than repairing and the graphic's kind of obnoxious, but on the repair dialogs, rez box and the like I'm inclined to leave it alone unless it's truly game-breaking. Although if someone else comes up with modified windows I'll be willing to merge them in and maintain them.