Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-25-2013, 05:38 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Default Alternative Experience Window/Start Button with Target Casting toggle

Hello everyone,

I am one of those players that finds the Target Casting window to be immensely useful, yet at the same time know that it can get in the way. After a lot of though and consideration I created a variant of the Start Button both standalone and on the Experience Window that replaces the "Night Vision" button (Something I personally never use) with a toggle button, labelled 'T', that will Show/Hide the Target Casting window.

By default the Target Casting window is hidden when you log in/switch characters and will have to be turned on initially. I have tested this during casting and it works just fine as it is simply a single mouse click.

While this may not be a solution for everyone as I'm sure some people do use the "Night Vision" feature, it did address the main needs I had which were:
  • Does not require two macros to show/hide the window, which frees up 2 hotbar spaces.
  • Able to simply toggle the window on and off with a single click as needed.
  • Always present somewhere on screen.
I am submitting the two files for review and would like to formally request that this be added as an official variant to the Auto Updater please.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (57.3 KB, 461 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (6.1 KB, 285 views)
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I'm surprised I haven't heard a thing back on this. It's been quite some time.
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:07 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystara0001 View Post
I'm surprised I haven't heard a thing back on this. It's been quite some time.
I'm working through the latest update and trying to clean up a bunch of little things. Ideally I'd like to include this in the batch.
Unread 06-29-2013, 01:39 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Thank you for the update!
Unread 06-30-2013, 04:09 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Unkown

I currently use a modified control center file posted by Silat some time ago to adjust the target cast on/off via a checkbox.

The only downside is that the bottom bar config is no longer usable but if you set that up before installing this its no problem.

I did also wanna say that I do sometime use the gamma switch once in a blue moon for Sleepers Tomb.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _ProfitUI_ControlCenter.xml (21.1 KB, 450 views)
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:43 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidu View Post
I currently use a modified control center file posted by Silat some time ago to adjust the target cast on/off via a checkbox.

The only downside is that the bottom bar config is no longer usable but if you set that up before installing this its no problem.

I did also wanna say that I do sometime use the gamma switch once in a blue moon for Sleepers Tomb.
I tired this initially and it broke quite a few things. That was when I decided to just do the EXP/Start Button rewrite.

The thing about this is that you can easily take the block of code for that button and replace any other button with it. You would have to do it on both files though, but it's not that difficult.
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:15 AM
A Mist Grinnin

I saw this got added to the updater (thank you), however it doesn't seem to update the variant correctly. If I select the alternate for this, then it wants to immediately update these back to the original.

In other words, the only way to prevent them from changing back is to select the variant, and then add them to the ignore list.
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystara0001 View Post
I saw this got added to the updater (thank you), however it doesn't seem to update the variant correctly. If I select the alternate for this, then it wants to immediately update these back to the original.
I found my error. I omitted the paths in variants.xml. The correction's on it's way to Kaldran now.