EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-08-2007, 02:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing cloe button on the new journal

Hi Seagoat

thx for releasing this mod. After installing I saw the close and settings button until I changed the size of the window. Can´t get them back.
Also the new close button is only on the active screen, not, as shown on your pictures, on the complete screen (don´t now if its needed there)

I use the mod on the german client.

Rass

Last edited by Rass : 05-08-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Unread 05-08-2007, 10:26 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

Try right-clicking on the journal and opening the "Window Settings" window. Click the "Default Opacities" button once or twice, and your Settings / Close buttons should come back. (All this is also in the "info" file included in the download. )

If they don't come back, please let me know so I can investigate this further.
Unread 05-20-2007, 10:52 AM
A Griffon

I've released my first custom target ring, for use with the upcoming GU35!

Check it out here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...inedGlass.html

This is the first one I made that just looked spectacular in-game, but there are some other not-quite-spectacular-but-still-cool rings sitting around on my hard drive.

I anticipate going crazy and releasing a bunch of these; they're a lot of fun to make and if you've ever clicked any of my sig links, you know I'm a graphic-making fanatic.
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target Circle mod

I downloaded and installed this but cant figure out how to get it to show. Is there something i missed?

The "How it works" part says something that looks like its goin on about the journal.

looks very cool btw
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

Whoops...forgot to delete that part when I C&Ped from my Journal's info. It's fixed now.

Are you trying to use the ring on a Live server? If so, the custom rings won't work yet. They're a feature of GU35, which is due to be released later this month (start at this post and scroll down). They will currently only work on the Test server.
Unread 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target Rings

Ahh ok. I did notice it said GU35 but didnt click that it may not work till then lol. I am one of those peeps that only logs into test when live servers are down lol.

TY for fast response tho
Unread 05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
A Griffon

Yesterday I released my "Aztec Sun" target ring, and today I uploaded "Art Deco." All three of my target rings are polished up and ready to go for the slated launch of GU35 tomorrow!

Please let me know what you think of them, and if there are any changes you'd like to see.
Unread 06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost
Arrow Kudos and Requests

Those new target rings look really cool, Seagoat! I downloaded two out of three because I was having trouble choosing between them.

I'm also using your Bags Mod and your Journal Mod and have been for a while. Again, I like both of them and have found them to be quite satisfactory, at least since you ironed out the kinks in the early release. Of course, all programmers go through those "bug removal blues" periods. =~_^=

I also like the looks of your Lotto mod, except for one thing. Maybe I'm strange, but I like having the title bar, or at least having the option to have it, especially since I tend to run at a fairly high resolution. I know 1600x1200 may not sound all that high to some folks, but on a 21" monitor, it makes for LOTS of space. I didn't mind giving it up on the bags because it really isn't needed on them, but I prefer to have a title bar on any other window - just to remind me what it's for, since I tend to be forgetful at times. =~_^=

At any rate, keep up the good work, and thank you for all your hard work!
Unread 06-06-2007, 10:33 AM
A Griffon

I use a 22" widescreen monitor at the same resolution. Granted, I also have two chat windows (each with at least three tabs) and 8 hotbar banks open, so that takes up a fair amount of screen real estate.

Even with so much space to play with, for the vast majority of windows, I see the titlebar as entirely superfluous and a waste of code and space...you can usually tell what a window's for by its contents. I personally don't need something telling me I'm looking at the "Knowledge" window if I'm the one who pressed "K" and I'm now staring at my list of known spells.

Thank you very much for the compliments...they are greatly appreciated, and I'm tickled that someone else enjoys these mods as much as I do.
Unread 06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost

You're right. I'm an old geezer and I have a lot of old-fashioned habits. /LOL

I run with 5 chat windows open (I don't like tabs), only 4 hotbars though, Mother's Maintained Spells, Milquetowst's Ministats and Coin/Weight windows, and Krull's StartButton Command Center v1, and the Quest Tracker window. I also have my own clock and a compass I built around Himay's basic compass. I guess that kind of eats up my screen real estate, too.

I happen to prefer a title at the top of my on-screen windows so that I don't get confused when I am switching around between them. Sometimes, I will have more than one or two open at the same time and that is when those titlebars come in handy.

I also happen to like to add titlebars in such a way that makes them "pretty" or decorative. I really do not understand why everyone seems so opposed to any sort of decorative additions to the game. If you have the resources to run the game with the decorative goodies, then why not enjoy them? If you don't, then I can understand minimizing.

So, there are my reasons for asking for a titlebar. If you don't want to add it...that's cool. Every mod author is entitled to do things their own way! That's why we have so many different mods.

Again, thanks for all your good, hard work and please know that it is appreciated.
Unread 06-13-2007, 11:57 AM
A Griffon

I totally understand your points -- I am a girl after all, and an artist, so yay swirly decorative things! I think if I were to design an entire UI set, I'd more than likely use the titlebars and give them an aesthetically pleasing appearance (different, of course, from the aesthetically pleasing appearance they already have).

For now, though, while I'm just modding a UI piece here and there, I'm forgoing the title bars. Perhaps once I venture into altering UI graphics (and I've taken my first step in that direction with the target rings I've done), they'll be customized and added back in, but for now, I'm afraid they'll remain on the proverbial cutting room floor.
Unread 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM
A Griffon

I've released 5 new Target Ring downloads!

Four of those are for class-specific rings using the class icons. I resized them and applied a paint-effect plugin to pretty them up a little and add some interest. The con rings were made by echoing one of the edges of the icon every 10 degrees to make them match the icon a bit more than just using a plain, smooth-edged ring.

You can preview and download them here (I had to split them into multiple files because a single file was too big to upload):
Seagoat's Target Ring: Classes - Fighter
Seagoat's Target Ring: Classes - Mage
Seagoat's Target Ring: Classes - Priest
Seagoat's Target Ring: Classes - Scout
(Preview ALL of the "Class" rings and how they appear in-game here.)

I've also released an "Eyeball" ring...this one was fun!! The con color shows through the iris of the eye, changing the eye color depending on the mob. The con ring consists of the iris, the lighting glint off the pupil, and the veins from the sclera (white bit) of the target ring. Spooky!!

You can preview and download it here:
Seagoat's Target Ring: Eyeball
Unread 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
A Griffon

Seagoat's Inventory has been released! The icon arrangements are based on uberfuzzy's Inventory, but with several of my own adaptations, including the incorporation of both Appearance (coming soon in GU38) and Equipment slots all in one view:

Unread 09-07-2007, 09:42 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: The Bazaar
Thumbs Down New Inventory window

Is this window supposed to work with LU37 as well? Because all of the item slots are blank for me when I try and use it with LU37.
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:48 AM
A Griffon

Nope, it is strictly GU38+, as I noted in the file description.

The location of the icons in the file heirarchy will change with GU38; as mentioned in the file comments, this results in blank icons on the live servers until GU38 launches (probably sometime next week).
Unread 09-26-2007, 08:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye
Red face a small request

I'm very impressed by your inventory mod, I like it much more then original uberfuzzy's one.
I mean, I like his icon arrangement very much, but I hate excessive tabs clicking!

So, I'm really grateful for your work, but... Please, please, can you do the same remake for uberfuzzy's inspect window too? It would be sooo cool!
Unread 09-26-2007, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

As I mentioned in a recent reply to a similar comment on my Inventory file download page, modding the Inspect window is on my to-do list.

Once real life cuts me some slack, I'll get to work on it!
Unread 09-26-2007, 01:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

FYI: I'm not sure if it's gone Live yet but a dev posted a newer version of the Inspect Window that has the Appearance slots already added. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but here's a Link.
Unread 09-26-2007, 02:00 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That's live, yes.
Unread 11-26-2007, 12:42 AM
A Griffon

Default Lots of Updates

As posted on my Portal:

=====

I updated a couple of older mods plus uploaded a few new ones today! Here's the run-down:

UPDATED: Seagoat's XP Bars
The bars have gotten another facelift! They've been condensed even further vertically, but I've expanded them a bit horizontally and changed the displayed information. Check out the info page for screenshots and a full changelog!

UPDATED: Seagoat's Inventory
Just one small change here; I've added a button that opens the Dressing Room window. I got tired of having to ctrl+click on something I was already wearing just to bring the window up, so I implemented a button that will accomplish the same task without all that pesky ctrl-ing.

NEW: Seagoat's [OCD-ADV] Compass and Clock (patch)
I made some font tweaks to Jaxel's spectacular clock/compass and made use of the new locale dynamic data implemented with GU40. Take a look!

NEW: Seagoat's Target Ring: Gilded Pentacle
This one's a silvery pentagram with gold highlights and a "negative space" con graphic. Think chic New Age...

NEW: Seagoat's Target Ring: Skull Helmet
Here's an intimidating fanged skull helmet with a "negative space" con graphic!

If you use and enjoy my mods -- or even if you just think they're pretty cool -- please don't forget to rate them and add them to your favorites. Thanks and enjoy!
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
A Griffon

As posted on my Portal:

=====

Today marks the release of Seagoat's Mail! I used and loved Mother's Mail until the spam filter implementation broke it. I've been meaning to reincarnate it for a long while now, so thar she blows!

As always, please favorite and/or rate if you use this mod -- or just if you think it's pretty cool. Thank you!
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagoat View Post
Today marks the release of Seagoat's Mail!
...And today marks the first bugfix for Seagoat's Mail, LOL.

I've fixed an issue in the "OpenedMail" window that would cause the
"Receive" button and the coin amount in the "Attachments" area to
become misaligned when the window was resized horizontally.

The newly updated ZIP (v.20080103b) should be available momentarily!
Unread 01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
A Griffon

The long-awaited Seagoat's Inspect Player window mod is now available.

I had several people inquire about an Inspect version of my Inventory mod...hope you guys find it worth the wait!
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default The new inventory won't display

Thanks for this great mod, downloaded as soon as was available.

Although i run other mods (Map and Journal vertical) which displays correctly your new inventory won't.

Any thoughts ?

Kind regards
Unread 01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
A Griffon

Just to clarify...are you having trouble with my Inventory mod, or my Inspect Player mod?

The Inventory window is what you see when you press "I"...the Inspect Player window will only be seen when you right-click and "Inspect" another player (or when you right-click on your own name in the player window and "Inspect").

More details please. Does the window just not show up in-game? Does it crash your client when you try to "Inspect"? Are you still seeing the default inspect window?