EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 02-26-2006, 06:30 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Two quick issues:
->About the one window with /con, Unequip All, etc etc - when you shrink it to get rid of the bottom stuff, it gets rid of the row of buttons with /con and such, and the background ends above the icons, which makes them hang off.

->Persona Window > Faction tab, the window seems to "end" a good deal below where the actual window is - lots of blank space that counts as the window under it. Because of this you can't see the status of all your factions unless you stretch the window tall enough to not need to scroll
Unread 02-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Sorry about the no updates. I sorta took a vacation from EQ2 to try CoV.

You did a great job updating the UI. I look forward to seeing all the other cool things you will bring to this UI.

If you notice on the pet window the code for the stats is there just hidden. I never got around to adding in the tabs
To be completely fair, I should say I am sorry as well. I began work on our other sites and was not able to complete work on the Vert/Solaria interface.

I am actually going to resume work on Solaria in the next few months (with a little help from the diety of your choice).

Glad to see others have picked up the reins.

/bow
Unread 02-28-2006, 04:29 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarato
Sorry about the no updates. I sorta took a vacation from EQ2 to try CoV.

You did a great job updating the UI. I look forward to seeing all the other cool things you will bring to this UI.

If you notice on the pet window the code for the stats is there just hidden. I never got around to adding in the tabs
Guess you didn't follow the rest of Malice to WoW then? Hehe
Unread 03-01-2006, 12:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

How exactly do I go about changing my sound defaults? I tried opening the sound files but I couldn't modify them. They just opened in Internet Explorer (even though I use Firefox) and I couldnt type anything in them. Also, I couldn't figure out which lines to modify. A quick walkthrough for that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, fantastic work
Unread 03-01-2006, 08:08 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC1153
How exactly do I go about changing my sound defaults? I tried opening the sound files but I couldn't modify them. They just opened in Internet Explorer (even though I use Firefox) and I couldnt type anything in them. Also, I couldn't figure out which lines to modify. A quick walkthrough for that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, fantastic work
You have to make a folder - I think the name has to be something like "custom_music" or "custom-music" or "custom music" or something - then put in whatever track you want for the sound file w/the name and location of the corresponding regular file. For example, to replace the Blackburrow music, the replacement file would be something like "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\custom music\zones\darkpaw.mp3", obviously replacing "custom music" with the actual folder name it needs to be.
Unread 03-02-2006, 03:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlordofmilk
You have to make a folder - I think the name has to be something like "custom_music" or "custom-music" or "custom music" or something - then put in whatever track you want for the sound file w/the name and location of the corresponding regular file. For example, to replace the Blackburrow music, the replacement file would be something like "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\custom music\zones\darkpaw.mp3", obviously replacing "custom music" with the actual folder name it needs to be.
No no no, I don't want to change the default music entirely, I just want to change to default volume. Sorry for the confusion.
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:37 PM
A Griffon

To set the custom volumes you need to use a text editor like notepad, editpro, wordpad etc and change the value. It's opening it in explorer since your trying to open an xml file which is naturally associated with web pages usually.
Unread 03-03-2006, 03:12 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Ranot a suggestion...

Give the Pet/Player window a tilebar object and set the selected tab based on its visibility. This way ppl can control which tab is default based on the titlebar window options. Can shove the titlebar out of the visible window area if you don't want it seen under either case
Unread 03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
A Griffon

Ahh good idea, I went with tabs to keep it looking like EQ1's Vert but i'll look into changing it over to using that method instead.. perhaps keeping the tabs and having each tab change the titlebar on or off etc... guess something to play with

Last edited by Ranot : 03-08-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Unread 03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
A Coastal Crab

Smile Zoning

Here is my Question, is there a way you can make it so when you zone you can see what you guild is typing or ppl are saying to you even though you cant type back......Like the Laff_light or the Fetish ui's....Other then that i love this ui it was the same one i used in EQ1
Unread 03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
A Grove Wisp

Couple probs:
->Can't seem to petition (knowledge base searches aren't working)
->Guild bank history doesn't seem to show (tab is there, but area is empty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle
Here is my Question, is there a way you can make it so when you zone you can see what you guild is typing or ppl are saying to you even though you cant type back......Like the Laff_light or the Fetish ui's....Other then that i love this ui it was the same one i used in EQ1
Chatting while zoning has its uses, but not everything goes through for one, and two I think it causes zoning to go slower. It's nice when you get stuck while zoning, but beyond that, the game is generally too bogged down with loading the zone for chatting to be of much use.

Last edited by madlordofmilk : 03-11-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Unread 03-13-2006, 04:01 AM
A Griffon

Default Version 2.1

Change Log For 2.1
--------------------
- Many thanks to Madlordofmilk for the bug reports that went into this fix.
- Fixed Frame on start button so icons not hanging outside.
- Fixed Grouper on Factions so not hanging outside window.
- Fixed Help Window functionality, and style.
- Fixed Bank Logs
- Fixed Advanced Training Window
- Pet Window Default Can now be changed in window options, setting it to frame only makes it default to Pet window, setting it frame and title makes it default to player Thanks to Zonx for the idea.
- Updated Infocenter to latest version
- UI remains visible while zoning, the original method of zoning is still available in the mods directory.
- Several Default elements have been changed to vert style meaning any new window sony creates, or any UI mod you install (like info center which was my test mod for this) will automatically have the same look and feel as the rest of the UI.

As for some text boxes not allowing input, I couldn't find them myself... if you could let me know which ones exactly wern't, for me the broker ones seemed to work fine in editor and ingame.

Last edited by Ranot : 03-13-2006 at 04:28 AM.
Unread 03-13-2006, 09:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default EQMaps

Been trying to get eqmaps to work along with this and getting no where. I have blank maps in game for Antontica and Crossroads pretty much every where other then in town, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: heh obviously I wasnt trying too hard I just didnt have eq2maps ui directory set to vert

Last edited by zombee : 03-13-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Unread 03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Some things Ive noticed. on the Character selection screen the buttons are blacked out. And same when I go to my appartment and try to make a deposit the number pad is pure black.

Edit: I can't seem to load info center either, Im using /show_window MainHUD.InfoCenter could be doing it wrong never used it before.
Edit: Again I just wasnt trying hard enough to get infocenter up its working now.

Last edited by zombee : 03-14-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Unread 03-15-2006, 12:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Few problems with UI

I just installed this UI tonight and am having a few issues with. On charactor select the buttons for delete charactor and create charactor are black. All the buttons in the hotbar are also black background and from screenshot im guessing it should be that way. The button to random generate a name also black and invisible to black background. Not sure if there is anything else or if there is anyway to fix these problems? I made a directory called vert, have all the necessary files, and the ini modified correctly. Any help appreciated. Love this UI would like it fully functioning for me.
Unread 03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
A Griffon

Changelog v2.11
------------------
Fixed side effects from changing default pieces, should be no more black boxes and hotkey's should have the gold border again with transparant background.
Unread 03-19-2006, 04:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Minor bugs in UI

Found a few little glitches with the UI. One is the percentages on group members never go down. They stay at 100% for both hp/power even when they are losing. Also found that the guild bank logs page appears to be empty. Just a big black blank spot. As well as the guild bank window that i have no permission to withdrawl from it says i can with the UI. Other than that a very great UI. Keep up the great work
Unread 03-20-2006, 12:03 PM
A Coastal Crab

Do I have to set it up myself? Or should it already look like it does in the examples?
Unread 03-20-2006, 04:15 PM
A Griffon

if you use the .ini file located in the VertClassicMods directory it will look like it does in the screenshots, otherwise yes you do need to set it up yourself.
Unread 03-24-2006, 03:57 AM
A Griffon

Changelog v2.2
----------------
- Updated to be LU21 Compatable
- Info Center Updated To Latest Version
- Fix Hotbars to use the pre 2.11 frames.
Unread 03-31-2006, 01:56 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Loading Screen

Is there anyway to turn off the forced 'picture' during loading/zoning?

I was able to turn that off in my old UI, I don't think I could deal with EQ if it had to take me to a 'load' screen every time I zoned. Accustomed to being more immersed I guess.

Thank you for any replies, and wonderful UI
Unread 03-31-2006, 08:18 PM
A Grove Wisp

->Can't enter a subject when you bring up the /bug window
Unread 04-02-2006, 04:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default scrollbars

did a fresh install of 2.2 and I have no scrollbars :X
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:27 PM
A Griffon

yeah i just noticed that myself a few days ago on the chat window... really starting to think i shouldn't of changed the default graphics.. no matter how much easier it makes skinning LOL will work on the fix and get it up asap.
Unread 04-04-2006, 03:51 AM
A Griffon

Default v2.21

Change Log v2.21
------------------
- Scroll bars are back from there vacation in the phillipines!
- /bug is no longer having a temper tantrum
- vert needs your help, yes.. that's right.. YOU!

Scroll bars that went missing somewhere around 2.1 are now back and displaying properly, if you notice any that are still missing let me know.

the subject heading inside of /bug is now selectable for entering text.

I"m at an inpass for the UI, kinda a loss of what to do, or where to go next.. any and all suggestions for features that could be added, things that really arn't needed, window changes that were not liked, changes that would love to see.. etc etc.. use the UI and love it? say why! tried it and hated it, say why! I want this UI to be one people love to use like the original, and I know everyone has opinions :P the only way to make it all work out is to voice them.