EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 12-04-2005, 02:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

downloaded and playing with beta 2, looks great!
Unread 12-04-2005, 08:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

hmmm i was wondering if you could include one thing maybe... would like a version of the inventory with the character picture still in the middle, and the armor slots etc arranged around. no worries if it's not in your plan but was just wondering.
Unread 12-04-2005, 09:21 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

You mean just like the default or did you have something particualr in mind?
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
A Griffon

Sorry that there hasn't been anything significant today. Had family over all day long (holidays and all) and just now really getting a chance to sit down and do anything. Think i'm going to work on getting the startbutton out next. Right now the plan is for it to have buttons for toggling bags, bankbags, nightvision, and the help window (which has various tabs for all sorts of fun information).

If anyone has any other ideas for the startbutton though feel free to chime up.
Unread 12-04-2005, 10:28 PM
A Forest Scavenger

yes the same as default but a bit smaller was what i was thinking. start button sounds great btw
Unread 12-04-2005, 11:23 PM
A Griffon

First version of the new start button is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Serenity_Startbutton_2_1.zip (15.0 KB, 341 views)
Unread 12-05-2005, 12:33 PM
A Griffon

Just an FYI. I'm not at all happy with the hotkey window. The way the bank selector currently works frankly sucks dirt The game apparently doesn't properly send an OnHide for the frame if the frame is hidden at first start up, so everytime you start a new session the bank selector is visible.

Therefore i've been reworking the window to make the bank selector toggle work better and its almost finished. I've also pulled up pretty much all the left over dead space (even though it was only a couple pixels) around the window so they can be stacked much better.

I've had a few people ask my why the strange horizontal layout of the bank selecotr when everyone else has it like the default vertical. The reason for the horizontal layout is really quite simple. It gets completely around the problem that mostl other bars suffer from with LU17 and that is that that when you shrink the hotkey icon size down, the bank doesn't shrink too. Thus when you get into small sized the vertically arranged bank selector can be larger than the icons. Many people got around this by making the selector smaller (and so did I at first) but by making it horizontal instead of vertical i've effectivly removed the problem all together. You can shrink right down to minimum size with no worries at all (though I doubt you can click anythign that small lol).
Unread 12-05-2005, 12:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Hi, tried Beta1, haven't had a chance to try Beta 2, but noticed some of the problems I had weren't mentioned here, thought I'd list them just in case.

When I opened the persona window i got the message: "The mainHUD Persona Window is not compatible with the current client Please upgrade your UImod to a compatible version or revert to the default UI."

I have Desert of Flames expansion, so maybe that had something to do with it?

The Guild bank, Guild roster and the Guild XP bar all showed my guilds level as 50 (its 10) showed the correct % in xp and the Guilds name was shows as "GuildName", only way I could get this to stop was to reload the default UI and restart the game =/

I didn't have any problems closing the journal window, but I just hit J to open/close it, however when I did open it, it said I had 30 quests over the max allowed but wouldn't show any quests, zoning did not work neither did changing the listing of them.

I had the same problem with resizing the Hot Keys, with the blank box that couldn't be closed, but also the third spell bar could not be moved, it stayed locked even when it wasn't.

Other than that, it looked really good and I liked how small everything was and faded nicely so I could see everything (I have a very small monitor so small is good!). One other thing, I noticed you were doing work on the personal HP/Mana window, I like the smaller width of it but I was wondering if there is any way to change the colors of the bars?

Nice work, I'll be DLing Beta 2 of this one in a few and playing with it tonight!
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
Hi, tried Beta1, haven't had a chance to try Beta 2, but noticed some of the problems I had weren't mentioned here, thought I'd list them just in case.

When I opened the persona window i got the message: "The mainHUD Persona Window is not compatible with the current client Please upgrade your UImod to a compatible version or revert to the default UI."

I have Desert of Flames expansion, so maybe that had something to do with it?

The Guild bank, Guild roster and the Guild XP bar all showed my guilds level as 50 (its 10) showed the correct % in xp and the Guilds name was shows as "GuildName", only way I could get this to stop was to reload the default UI and restart the game =/

I didn't have any problems closing the journal window, but I just hit J to open/close it, however when I did open it, it said I had 30 quests over the max allowed but wouldn't show any quests, zoning did not work neither did changing the listing of them.

I had the same problem with resizing the Hot Keys, with the blank box that couldn't be closed, but also the third spell bar could not be moved, it stayed locked even when it wasn't.

Other than that, it looked really good and I liked how small everything was and faded nicely so I could see everything (I have a very small monitor so small is good!). One other thing, I noticed you were doing work on the personal HP/Mana window, I like the smaller width of it but I was wondering if there is any way to change the colors of the bars?

Nice work, I'll be DLing Beta 2 of this one in a few and playing with it tonight!

Did you use /loadui to load Serenity? It sounds like you did as the guild and journal problems are all caused by doing that. The dynamic data for quests and guilds do not reset properly even after zoning when you use /loadui. The only way those dynamic datas will be correct is if you set the UI via eq2.ini.

The persona window was fixed in Beta 2.
The hotkey slider was fixed in beta 2.
The third hotkey bar.. i'll take a look but thats really weird. They are all the same window, the client just clones them. Almost thinking this might have been due to /loadui.

As for the player window bar colors.. They use the standard green/blue bars, but I don't see any reason I couldn't change them to somethign else.. Though kinda odd What did you have in mind? I'm all for having alternate styles.

Thanks for checking out Serenity and for your comments!
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I did use /loadui, I wasn't aware of a better way to load one, just DL'd Beta 2 same thing with the Guild name not being right. Also, I made the folder as described in the instructions, if Im doing this all wrong.. pls tell me lol

working on setting things up for the beta 2 atm

As for the colors, I was thinking maybe the red/blue like EQ1 was, the green bugs my eyes =/
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:26 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
but also the third spell bar could not be moved, it stayed locked even when it wasn't.
Ok I can't seem to reproduce this myself, even after using /loadui. I had 5 hotbars open and they all moved just fine. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Couple things I would check:
1) Go to window options and just double check that its both unlocked and that clickthrough is OFF
2) Not entirely sure on what version of hotbar you have, but try moving it from a different spot as that spot might not work to drag the window around. On the early version hotbars I think you dragged it from the bank label. On the newer ones you either need to drag from an empty slot or from the small space between slots. Easiest way to be SURE is just remove one of your buttons so you have an empty slot then try dragging from there.
3) Open window options and click default location and default opacity just in case the window got whacked.
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I did use /loadui, I wasn't aware of a better way to load one, just DL'd Beta 2 same thing with the Guild name not being right. Also, I made the folder as described in the instructions, if Im doing this all wrong.. pls tell me lol
Go here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

For information on how to install a custom UI and setup your EQ2.ini file. The key is the EQ2.ini file. Thats what makes the game load the custom interface right from the start so all the dynamic data gets properly initalized.

The guild and journal windows simply won't work properly with /loadui due to bugs in the /loadui system

As for the colors, I was thinking maybe the red/blue like EQ1 was, the green bugs my eyes =/[/quote]

No problem.. I'll make some alternate styles that use red instead of green. Only downside to that is it won't be able to change color as it gets lower health (like it doesn now from green to orange to red) but i'm guessing thats not an issue for you.
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
Go here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/f...q_new_faq_item

For information on how to install a custom UI and setup your EQ2.ini file. The key is the EQ2.ini file. Thats what makes the game load the custom interface right from the start so all the dynamic data gets properly initalized.
I added that file, but the game loads up in default, Ill check it to see if i messed it up somehow. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
No problem.. I'll make some alternate styles that use red instead of green. Only downside to that is it won't be able to change color as it gets lower health (like it doesn now from green to orange to red) but i'm guessing thats not an issue for you.
Thanks!
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
A Griffon

If you unzip to a folder named "Serenity" inside your EQ2/UI folder, say somethign like this:
"c:\program files\sony\everquest ii\ui\serenity"

Then your EQ2.INI file should look like this:
cl_ui_skinname Serenity
cl_ui_subdir UI/

And the EQ2.INI file should be located in:
"c:\program files\sony\everquest ii"

A common mistake is to put that file in Serenity or in UI. But it shoudl be in the base EQ2 directory.
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Ok looking thru all al the files, I've either named it wrong, or added the .ini file to the wrong place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faq
%\Everquest II\UI\bobsui\*.xml (correct)
Mine = \EverQuest II\UI\Serenityui

The File the faq said to add is in the main eq2 file, is a text document and is labeled eq2.ini
Contents are =
cl_ui_skinname serenityui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Is this correct? =/
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
A Griffon

That should be correct. You're still getting default?
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yes, loads default every time
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Setting it back to default now and going to try restarting eq2...
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:46 PM
A Griffon

Give me a couple minutes and i'll upload a "full install" zip for you that all you'll have to do is unzip it in your main EQ2 directory and it will set it all up for you.
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Lol ok thanks, sorry for all the trouble =(
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Restarted it again, still default =(
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:56 PM
A Griffon

Unzip this into your MAIN everquest 2 directory. Into "\EverQuest II" based on what you've told me. It should prompt to overwite the UI directory and (if you had it in the right spot) the eq2.ini file. Say YES overwrite.

Since this comes from my current working copy it has my latest hotbar window in it, so I guess I should explain how it works

First off, its designed to have borders on at all times, and set to opaque. You won't actually see them really due to the way its designed but you will want them on. To toggle the bank selector mouse over the left edge of the window and you will see a small portion of the border light up and the tooltip will say "Toggle Bank Selector" or somethign like (don't recall the exact wording). Click it to toggle the selector. To move the window either click and drag in an empty slot, or if you move your mouse between slots you will see the cursor change and you can drag the window that way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Serenity_Beta2_1_FullInstall.zip (455.8 KB, 340 views)
Unread 12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Should I delete the last DL of Serenity then?

THanks for the help, sorry for all the trouble
Unread 12-05-2005, 02:00 PM
A Griffon

You can if you want.
Unread 12-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Crushbone

Just a suggestion, and it may seem odd, but it has worked for me before. In the eq2.ini file, switch the two lines.

Currently you have:

cl_ui_subdir UI/

Switch it to:

cl_ui_subdir UI/

This solution has worked for me on numerous occassions when I couldn't get a UI to load properly.