A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Thanks adamscott255

Oks stuff on my list been done....

The exp window now when set to "Frame" will show the coin page on mouseover
When set to "frame and titlebar" will show coin page all the time
And "None" no coin page

Notice the stats bar right at the bottom now.... Also the change of locations for the player bars....

The switch above the health bar expands and contracts the Effects window ... but it sizes it down .. not sure exactly how to get round this so that one is pending for now I guess..

If your testing this you may have to toggle "alt+g" to get the new stats bar to show up at the moment... failing that type in /show_window MainHUD.StatsPage....

The mouse over on the bags icon now changes opacity (for some reason that change wouldnt save in the Ui builder at all !! I have to keep putting it back in via notepad... so when I come to work some more on that window and if it dont change it's coz I forgot to add the opacity for mouseover back in lol)

On a whole its starting to come together more now...

I dont have another list as yet... spent hours upon hours messing with my last todo list on this...

Not quite happy with the group window likes.... looks fine etc but the location of the negitive effects icons is over the top of the power bar.. Havent seen what this will look like in game as of yet... But I have a feeling its not going to be very good
... Not quite sure where else to place them in there? was going to shrink them and place them to the right where the 2 bars split... but then they would be so small you wouldnt be able to see what they was.. Hmmm

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000090.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	2805  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (19.5 KB, 249 views)
Unread 06-01-2005, 03:39 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

I havent tested the last one yet cos Im at work, but last night saw the negative effects on the group bar...

*shudder*

First 1 or 2 negative icons, not bad, they appear on the right hand side, bit big but ok. 3rd one and 4th etc all go under the bar and you cant see them, not good

Not sure about your stat bar on the bottom btw, might need to resize the group window down again so we can see the negative effects unless you can think of something different to do to them. I dont think we can put them anywhere else apart from the bottom of the window in the old place tbh.

Why have you switched round the gauges?? It took me ages to get used to your last layout, though, like you said, I did *giggle*.

Ill post more this evening once Ive had a chance to play with this update!
Unread 06-01-2005, 11:42 AM
A Griffon

Ok spent some time making the perdigraphics thingy an even grey colour, gonna tidy it up a little more before I inflict it on you!

Had a look round the new mods and have some points for ya.

1. The effects toggle works wierd. It makes the bar expand downwards, which is upside down. With the effects window bottom left above that chat bar, means if you click it, it expands down onto the chat box. Can you reverse it?

2. Also on the effects box, if you use the toggle, the bar resizes to the same size every time, which is like 1cm from the edge, kinda wierd it is. Why??

3. Any chance of making a hotbar without the toggle? Make it so theres no numbers on the buttons? I love it without the Alt1, Alt2 etc on, but everytime I do anything at all to a bar, drag stuff, get new stuff etc, they reappear!

4. The righthand rightangle corner thingy, which butts up against the hotbars, how about throwing me a link / icon on there to open my notes up??

Ive put a screeny on with this of the layout as is, and with my slightly changed colour scheme. You'll notice Ive gone back to 3 hotbars on the right, just seems to make best use of the layout.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000031.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	2814  
Unread 06-01-2005, 11:54 AM
A Griffon

Lol... Well actualy all the gauges have moved locations as for as the code is concerned.... BUT it only the casting bar that has actualy moved from a visual point of view and the rest is just moved over if you like ..... Look again and think about it lol

As for the group window.. Yeh I thought that was going to be its downfall.. I need to have a bit think about it.

To suit my play style I need to be able to see some stats either all the time or very quickly ... Its a habit from Eq1 where you had that many buffs placed on you during a raid I found it impossible to know exactly what one had dropped from me untill I looked at my stats and seen a drop in str for example, Thats why I added the stats to the side of one of Lodi Dodi's windows on display all the time... And guess what my toon started to live a bit longer

A mouse over for the stats would do me likes or even place them in the effects window, but that will make that window bigger etc...... Hmmm this is all a catch 22 situation.... Thinking caps on guys
Unread 06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
A Griffon

Where your compass go?

1 and 2 yes I know about .. working on that

3 easy np

4 get stuffed... notes button is going up beside the start menu (Unles you can give me at least 100 good reasons why it should go on the little triangle filler)

More soon
Unread 06-01-2005, 01:08 PM
A Griffon

Omg wheres my compass?!? I hadnt noticed it was gone!!

lol

Ok just finished an idea I had for the perdi graphic file. Not sure it will work but if it does, it will be great! I aint holding my breath tho hehe.

Gonna test out my new graphic now, damn you for making me interested enough to start messing with dds files!

New post and screeny inc soon!
Unread 06-01-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon

Start Button window
Effects window and the damn switch been messed with... Untested !!
Group window still the same for now

Re: Background,
Yeh well about time you got off your ass and did some work

Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Lite.zip (19.9 KB, 234 views)
Unread 06-01-2005, 02:12 PM
A Griffon

Effects window working ok now, it aint snapping to a preset size! YAY!

Notes icon works! YAY! Oh, make the background transparent if you can pls! (you will see from the screeny why heh)

Compass back! YAY! (Ctrl-N /giggle)

Oh, attached is new dds, screeny and my ini. Please feel free to make suggestions for the dds. Once its ok, Ive seperated all the elements and have a psd of it, so its easy to change colours, patterns etc etc. *sob*.

Regarding the group bar, negative effects and you wanting to see stats for your own reasons....we might have an obvious solution heh.

Take out the stat bar you added in. Put the negative effects back where they was, the size of that group box wont be an issue now. Turn on the other layers at the top, where you still got stats.

Or.

How about moving the LFG and Search for LFG buttons to the other end of the group window, say, at the F5 position, just above the .../ line. Get the UI to display the negative effects above the .../ line too, might need smaller icons if thats possible. If you get a full group, the LFG and search icons disappear I think so thats not an issue for the last player to join a group.

Anyhow, lemme know what you think and I look forward to yer next update *giggle*
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000034.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	2816  
Attached Files
File Type: zip graphic_and_ini.zip (92.0 KB, 234 views)
Unread 06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
A Griffon

Erm I lied. The effects box works in larger mode, ie the extended version, but, if its in single ling mode, when you cast a buff, they go on the upper level, which isnt really there so you get an icon floating above the box. Wierd. I tried removing all my buffs and recasting but that didnt help.
Unread 06-01-2005, 02:28 PM
A Griffon

Ok wierd effects box heh.

If you resize it, even a little, say, length ways, the icons kinda snap move to the right place and you can have it in single row mode with the buff icons where they should be.

Not sure its not working now, it looks just fine lol..,,
Unread 06-01-2005, 02:40 PM
A Griffon

background looking good far as I can see....

yups I just found that out with effects box also... You see its realy only the 1st icon that needs its position set as all the others will snap to the right of it and use up all the space untill either there is none left or they have room to drop down a line....
What you seen was them following there old route from the last time the window was modded... by resizing it you forced them to snap back to the location of the 1st one again.. Not an easy task makeing that window look as if it is resizing up when you hit the switch!

Got a couple of ideas going to try.. And will dump the old group window back in the zip also
Unread 06-01-2005, 03:43 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lucan DLere

guys what can i say!

Efin Beautifull!

i feel kinda shocking cos im using both yur work and im not contributing anything but info, wish i had the knowledge to do somit

The new skin in superb, vertical lines is a class act, much better than just plain colours and little subtle hints hear and there will match where ever u place each section

im going to start testing it now, see how it goes and put up a few ideas of placements so im not just getting all the pleasure for nothin
Unread 06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
A Griffon

Yeh could use a few ideas likes
Unread 06-01-2005, 04:12 PM
A Grove Wisp

just testing it now, first problem i had was that when i right click to bring the window settings up it just brings up a blank vertical line and i dont get any text on the menu logout/inventory bar
Unread 06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
A Griffon

You will have to drop all the files in that zip into a copy of the LaffsV8 folder for them to work bud.. This is not the whole UI just the windows I have been modding
Unread 06-01-2005, 04:47 PM
A Grove Wisp

yeah i did that first ive used your original first then put the new files in, will i not also have to put in the other files u uploaded in earlier posts?
Unread 06-01-2005, 05:27 PM
A Grove Wisp

i got it working now i just didnt use the new skin thats been done, dont know if thats to fault but it works with out it and cant be arst at the mo to try putting it back in, am off to sleep now lol
Unread 06-01-2005, 05:42 PM
A Griffon

Heh ok, my cunning plan to put the LFG and Search icons to the right and the negative effects above the .../ wont work. Id forgotten that handy space is where the names go

Having been in a full group tonight killin all sorts of stuff, I gotta say, we need the old group one back lol. You're gonna have to find someplace else to put that stats bar or take it out. You can put it under the top section, with the new skinning it doesnt look too bad tbh. I found it hugely distracting at the bottom tho. You still got it at the top if you want it from the journal windows!

Apart from that, the UI seems to be workin fine. Im still not convinced by the player info box over on the right, but Im playin a ranger not a healer so I dont really pay much attention to it anyhow

My own plan for the image file is to clean off a couple of light edges which look odd in certain zones, well not odd, just scabby.

You gonna want me to upload my entire UI directory to my own webspace at all Laffs? Of you happy butchering one of yer own?

You may notice theres been no request for the 5 button graphic settings thing you know I hate or the csm or other stuff *giggle*.
Unread 06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

I already moved the stats bar to the top.. and gave it a triangle background.. fiits in oks...

Just upload the skin for me to take a propper looks at... This Effects window is not going to work this way off a switch I have been on for hours now trying different stuff and it wont play ball properly.. I have had dealings with this damn thing before.. There is just not enough flexability with it...

Other stuff will be getting popped into this I guess but It will all be hidden untill you want to use it or not.... Still much to do here
Unread 06-01-2005, 06:46 PM
A Griffon

Ok my entire UI folder is here now. It got an ini file in for settings.

Ive had to remove the EQ2Map files, so, if anyone else wants to use this, you will need to get the updater and run it. After you have put the folder in the correct place, and created a file pointing to your UI as normal. If you arent familiar with setting custom UIs up, I suggest you read the FAQ on this site

So, this is enough to get upto date with what me and Laffs has done, mainly him of course lol.

Night!
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAFFSLITE.zip (1.44 MB, 242 views)
Unread 06-02-2005, 07:00 AM
A Griffon

Ok Ive seen the perfect hotbar! Its mooks 3in1. Sadly tho, he has a full size one, and a small one, and neither fit into this UI. I cant figure out what size the one we use is, if its 90%, 75% or whatever.

Laffs, copy his idea and do a hotbar that will fit!

Oh Ive nearly finished cleaning up the skin. Ill do some different textures / colours too.
Unread 06-02-2005, 10:49 AM
A Griffon

Sheesh, bastid graphics!

Right, attached is a perdigraphic I like. Ive changed the texture slightly, and lightened it up. I think it looks ok, but feel free to suggest stuff!

Its easy nuff to change colours and textures etc so if theres something yer burning to see, let me know. In fact Ill throw on the wierd looking brown too I did earlier, to show how diverse it can be heh.

For anyone else reading this, if you wanna use either of these files, the perdigraphics one is easy, unzip, put it in the images folder in your custom UI folder. The other ones the same, just remove the _weave_brown bit.

Oh Ive put my ini in too to make life easier for people.

Sheesh, all this work and Laffs will get all the credit!

Now wheres my hotbars and other new stuff slacker??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000036.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	2831  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000035.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	2832  
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics.zip (78.8 KB, 230 views)
File Type: zip perdigraphics_weave_brown.zip (175.7 KB, 363 views)
File Type: zip oasis_hoggy_eq2_uisettings.zip (1.9 KB, 234 views)
Unread 06-02-2005, 12:14 PM
A Griffon

I'll tell yah where I will be sticking the hotbar soon ! Lmao

Its easy enough to take out the names and stuff from the existing one's will do it tonight.

Me wants an electric blue background /sulk , You may as well make a pink one as well, as my guild leader asked if there was a UI that was pink That will keep me in the good books Also Its a cunning plan to get stuff tested quicker as she does a bit of raiding etc.

Still messing with the stats window and stuff and need to make an option for the implied target to look like the effects window..
Unread 06-02-2005, 12:46 PM
A Griffon

Sheesh sickos! Good job for you that Lord Grydack is avoiding me and Im bored waitin for him!

I refuse to put these in my UI, lemme see a screeny of how they look
Attached Files
File Type: zip perdigraphics_blue_pink.zip (152.3 KB, 226 views)
Unread 06-02-2005, 01:30 PM
A Grove Wisp

Please God Why Did U Make Me Do This!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	2836